Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
There are many parties and separate balls being held not just at the magical tower, but all over Gaia Prime. There are even a few in the building used for last year's ball event. But again this year, there are nearly-empty storage rooms, and again this year, Thurgood A. Singlance, after running from another ball he crashed, finds this particular one.

So now, with all the tables, refreshments, including punch made with cherry and lemon-lime sodas, lime sherbet, lemonade powder and honey, and sound system up, he's going to let those in who want a respite from the high-falutin' formal balls and just want to hang out, talk, listen to some good classic rock, and nosh on chips, meat slices, fruit salad, meatballs, cocktail weenies and the like.

Obviously, the Gaia Online Terms of Service apply here, and try to be somewhat literate and use a narrative format for your posts.

narrative format
"This is the preferred way to write out a roleplaying post, with speech contained in quotation marks, and anything else outside", the narrator says. Also anything outside of the quotation marks generally refers to the subject in the third person and present tense (unless an action took place before the post's chuck of time). ((The narrator sounds a lot like bill Kurtis; by the way, this is the preferred containment, the double parentheses, for out-of-character chatter, but double square brackets, double curly braces, or even double slashes are preferable as well))

non-narrative format

-performs an action-
I'm saying something
*does something else*

The training wheels come off. Not doing so isn't a deal-breaker, but I will likely guide you towards the narrative format for the sake of simplicity and continuity.

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Thurgood takes a CD that he brought in from his car, and places it into the tray of the CD player hooked up to the reciever and the sound system. Then he skips a few tracks, and

vibrate out of the speakers. Anybody who enters will immediately find that this isn't formal by any means. Thurgood wears his usual gray jeans, black work boots, and black t-shirt over his drow-blue skin. In fact, on first glance, he looks just like a drow, but it's nly cosmetic. Thurgood is really a medium-large build human, and right now, he's digging his Rush CD.

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Once Freewill finishes playing, Limelight now projects from the speakers as Thurgood takes the ladle and a disposable cup and dips himself some punch.

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Because Limelight ends, and
Until you hear it you will have no idea how
Much Rush rocks the house, Thurgood
Puts the whole 2112 song on, and waits for somebody to come in and hear the awesomeness.

((read the first letter of every line))

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Since the CD player is set to shuffle, the next song out of the speakers is Just a Job to Do, by Genesis. Since the room is still empty, Thurgood takes a paper plate, goes and checks on both the meatballs and cocktail weenies, to make sure they're nice and warm.

Victorious Victory

11,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
notmuch_23
Since the CD player is set to shuffle, the next song out of the speakers is Just a Job to Do, by Genesis. Since the room is still empty, Thurgood takes a paper plate, goes and checks on both the meatballs and cocktail weenies, to make sure they're nice and warm.

-A cold wind blows onto Thurgood's neck-
Hello, Spider Queen Star has arrived.

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Frozen Stargazer

A cold wind blows onto Thurgood's neck
"Hello, Spider Queen Star has arrived."

"Oooooh," Thurgood says as the cold air causes a sharp sensation to race up his spine.

"Hey, you helped me out earlier, didn't you?"

Victorious Victory

11,250 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
notmuch_23
Frozen Stargazer

A cold wind blows onto Thurgood's neck
"Hello, Spider Queen Star has arrived."

"Oooooh," Thurgood says as the cold air causes a sharp sensation to race up his spine.

"Hey, you helped me out earlier, didn't you?"

Yes I did, it's good to see you again. How is your head?

7,675 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
-Slipping in behind Spider Queen Star, Evan moves over to a shadowed end of the refreshment table and begins feeling a plate- "Sorry hope you don't mind if I grab a bite here, it is crazy out there. I do dig this music here as well. Can really get into this music."

-He tucks a couple of the meatballs into his mouth and moves towards an empty chair in the corner bobbing his head to the beat.-

7,675 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
-A grin spreads across Evan's face as another song starts to play on the speakers-

"Now we are talking, love this song!!"

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
EvanDramal
A grin spreads across Evan's face as another song starts to play on the speakers

"Now we are talking, love this song!!"

"Yeah, me too!" Thurgood replies, then addresses the Spider Queen:

"Oh, it's not too bad. I had some quick clinic x-rays and it's just thin. They just say to avoid hard cranial impact for... well... ever, but especially for about a month as the bone fuses back together."

As the song ends, Thurgood presses the last track buton to hear it again.

7,675 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
-Pulls out a note book and pencil, and begins writing. While talking to himself-
"Note to self hitting head, BAD idea. Okay well I learned one thing for sure today so that is a good thing."
-Turning his attention back to the rest of those gather he proclaims with a smile-
"Glad I found this room, the music alone is more than worth the trip in."

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
"Yeah, and there's not that hawdy-tawdy formal-ball s**t here either. That's why I set this all up. Hit my head fleeing a party I was almost caught crashing. When in doubt, cheese it out!"

Once Don't Fear the Reaper ends, the CD player randomly selects another track from Thurgood's mix CD.

7,675 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
"Yeah I hate that whole formal wear and crappy music scene. I mean, I'm a simple working man. I don't need all the pretense of being proper to have a good time. Give me great music, interesting conversation, and junk food. I will be a happy man."
-taps foot to another great tune.-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces