Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image
In the quiet City of Time, there was an obnoxious, repetitive banging of metal coming from the mansion.

CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

What could be producing such an annoying sound?

For any souls irritated or intrigued enough to investigate, in the mansion of Sloth and Zeal, in a laboratory dichotomized between drab gray and polished brass, they might find good Sir Zeal hard at work. Hammering away at a new project. Literally.

Hopeful Girl

User ImageUser Image
In her room, Fervor, a very happy, curious girl, read on and on about the project Sir Zeal put her in charge of. Slowly, she was getting easily distracted by her bunny, Cabby.
"Cabby, this is boring! I want to go out and save the world! Not reading! Oh the wonderful ideas buzzing in my head, Cabby!"
Cabby, the rabbit, just stared up at her with the most beautiful brown eyes
"Yes, Cabby. You do need a snack!"
She walked to her refrigerator and took out a carrot for her dear pet...in which Cabby ate happily
"I want the World to know about animals...I love my copper and brass...but, what about the animals? Bunnies are so much more fun!"
And then, it hit young Fervor. She rushed to her seat, moved all of Sir Zeal's plans to the side, majority of it falling to the ground and began penciling out a new plan, with bunnies and more bunnies
Sir Zeal is not the only genius! Wait until everyone sees my plan!"
And scribble did she go. Eating off of Cabby's carrot as well

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image
Zeal slammed the hammer down in frustration to wipe the sweat off his brow with a greasy hand, oily from working with so many mechanical contraptions and components, and flopped into his seat.

Following a great sigh, he straightened up and hollered for one of his assistants. It looked like he was going to need some help with this. "Fervor! Where are you?"

Re-adjusting the gigantic brass goggles around his eyes, he ran a hand through his wild white hair before having a look at the blueprints again. No, no, that couldn't be right. When did he even think of that? He might have to start that entire sector of the blasted machine all over again from scratch...What does that one do again?

Another sigh.

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
Lady Sloth awoke from her soft, feathery bed with a start. She fumbled around her grey sheets that were never folded correctly in her bed that was never made properly, and finally made it to the floor. At least everything had been washed. Zeal had made sure of that so Sloth's side wouldn't fall into utter ruin. Slowly, Lady Sloth began to realize what had woken her. There was incessant clanging coming from Zeal's workshop. "Again?" she thought, "Must that man always be working on an invention?" She pulled on the first dress she saw in her closet, and marched up the stairs where she found Sir Zeal, hard at work.

"Zeal! What on Earth are you doing making all of that racket this early? I was trying to sleep!"

Hopeful Girl

User ImageUser Image
Fervor paid no attention to her Sir Zeal. During a moment, she had placed some soothing music and stopped scribbling altogether. She ended up dancing with her Cabby and she ended up doing a very difficult move and ended up knocking herself onto her table, which knocked down all of her papers and books and she fell backwards onto the floor
"OWIE! Tehtehtehtehteh!"
Cabby went up to her and sniffed

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image
When Fervor failed to show up when summoned, Zeal whirled in his seat to storm into her room himself and give her a stern reminder of her duties. He was, however, foiled when instead of his path to the door he was met with the sight of one rather annoyed and very awake Sloth.

Startled, his mouth made a little O shape and he hastily shoved his goggles back into his hair to reveal his bewildered blue eyes.

"Sloth!" he began nervously. He knew how grumpy she was when she didn't get her sleep--but she always wanted to sleep! It was about time she woke up anyway. He tried to calm her down with "I, uh, er--I was just working on my latest invention. I assure you, we can all get as much rest as we want once I finish it! But you haven't seen Fervor about, have you? Where are all my confounded assistants when I need them?"

He shook his head, thinking of better of it, and rushed towards the door. Behind him he called out, "I'm going to look for her! I'll be back soon!" Which may or may not have been true; the poor inventor was usually too addle-brained about some great device that he often got lost in his own mansion.

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
Sloth stood there with a puzzled look on her face for a moment after Zeal rushed out of the room. She couldn't figure out why it was so urgent to find Fervor. That girl was too noisy anyway. Thinking about it was too hard, so she gave up with a sigh. She walked over to big leather chair where Zeal always sat to do his inventing, and plopped down in it. It was so cushy and cozy that she could spend all day in it if Zeal let her. Of course, the very moment he he catches her in it, he would make her leave. That man is always so particular about people not messing with his inventions. She giggled to herself, imagining Sir Zeal's reaction. She leaned over his desk, picked up a whirly doo-dad, and started twirling it around her fingers. She gazed down at the swirling pools below the glass floor of the room, and was soon lost in a sleepy stupor. Before falling asleep, she wondered, "Wasn't there supposed to be a party here this weekend?"

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150
User ImageUser Image
Meanwhile, in one of the Sloth-Zeal Mansion's many laboratories, Diligence was deeply absorbed in her own assignment for Sir Zeal's latest project. Peering through the thick lenses of her eyeglasses, the nearsighted girl eyed the blueprints and gathered the materials needed for the components she had to make, all the while humming along with the music playing loudly in the background. Once she started an assignment, her usual habit was to deeply ensconce herself in her lab, put some classical music on her record player, and attack each task until the whole project was complete. Sometimes she would be in the lab for days, blissfully unaware of what was going on elsewhere in the house. Her tiny, rarely-used bedroom, which adjoined the lab, contained only a cot, a table and chair, a chest of drawers, and a nightstand holding a gas lamp and a stack of novels--most of them romances and adventures--that she enjoyed but rarely had time to read.

As the first record finished playing and the machine shut off, Diligence suddenly became aware of the sound of shouting and footsteps. She opened the door of the lab to find Sir Zeal rushing down the corridor at a lightning pace.

"Are you in need of assistance, Sir Zeal?" she called as Sir Zeal rushed past the door of Diligence's lab.

"Never mind," she added after Sir Zeal passed through the hall and around a corner. Diligence shrugged, went back into the lab, put another record on the record player, settled her goggles on her face over her eyeglasses, and quickly got back on task.

Hopeful Girl

User ImageUser Image
I'm fine, Cabby! Stop tickling!
Fervor giggled at Cabby's whiskers and got up from the floor. Suddenly, she heard footsteps, hurried footsteps and she rushed trying to gather her paperwork. Of course, in a rush she mixed both her bunny project with Sir Zeal's paperwork.
Oh no, oh no! That totally sounds like the boss, Cabby!
When she finally looked through the paper work, she frizzled and all the paperwork went flying again
Oh no, oh no! Gotta get the papers right!
And she sat down in the middle of her room and began again, this time, organizing the papers one by one so as to not confuse the papers. She looked like a child sitting on the floor, making a huge mess with papers.

Peculiar Gentlewoman

26,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Timid 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
A violet-eyed dark elf peers inwards, through the front door. "So busy!" she thinks, hearing the light bickering. "Should I stay? Leave? Come back later?" "H-hello?" she asks the team. "Are you welcoming guests at this hour?"

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
(((Please please let me know if I'm interrupting anything! I don't want to be nosy. This room is probably my favorite, since I love the style. I dressed up. I look like the Doldrums, and that kind of reminds me of sloth and lethargy... so.... Yeah!)))

"This is classy." Pinkiekitty wandered the hallways, adjusting her goggles. It felt empty, but she could feel other people running around. Overall, the room seemed empty. She felt the familiar sense of lull come over her. It was Sloth's City of Time, after all. As a naturally lazier person, it was no surprise that the Sloth got to her first. The Zeal would come later, depending on how much there was to do. "Hello? Is anyone here? My name is Pinkiekitty. I go by Kitty, or Kat... Is anyone here?"

Hopeful Girl

User ImageUser Image
With finally all the paperwork right, Fervor opens the door and hears guests in her house.
"Oh me, oh my! Cabby! Guests! Guests! We must attend to the guests! mrgreen "
Down the stairs Fervor goes, hoping almost every other step, she finally stops, almost losing her balance and stares at the two girls with big, happy eyes
"Hi, hi, hi! Welcome to my---I mean, our room! I am Fervor! How are you?"

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
Lady Sloth awoke to find two guests had just arrived at the party.

"Welcome, Wuyabi! Welcome PinkieKitty! My name is Lady Sloth, and I am the mistress of this mansion. I'm so glad you could come and join us! I was beginning to wonder if any guests were coming at at!" She chuckled to herself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff