• Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Hepheestus
blue85butterfly
Hepheestus
mehog124
Hepheestus
Hephaestus Is one of my favorite greek gods. Tragic, clever, and dark!

Finally, an individual enjoys the slightly obscure, but not a deep-study-I-am-a-Greek-geek sort of obscure God, God that I become accustomed to and acquainted with. Towards a new era where the individual Gods like Aphrodite, Zeus, Posiedon, Hades, and Apollo are no longer the ones with all the say on everything. This is to the revolution!

haha, I have always loved him. They way he used the assumption of the other god, that his handicap ( which was odd in the fact that gods are near perfection other than their emotional issues) to bring down his wife and brother.

when it comes to his story there is an interesting twist in the percy jackson series it brings in to question who really hurt poor Hephaestus. my thoughts it really was hera

In the mythology, he was born with a disfigurement. My Freshmen year that started a large debate, but it could have been anything really. The old scribes could be vague.

from wiki just cause its easier for now

Fall from Olympus
Because he was lame, Hera threw him out of heaven in disgust;[5] alternatively, he was lamed by the fall. Or, he was flung by Zeus, because he came to his mother’s rescue when Zeus had her in fetters for opposing him. He fell into the sea, where Thetis and the Oceanid Eurynome cared for him in a sea cave.[6] Or he fell for an entire day and landed on the island of Lemnos, where he was cared for by the Sintians, an ancient Lemnian tribe.[7] In every case, he remained forever lame.

10,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Apollo Helios
blue85butterfly
darksunIII
blue85butterfly
darksunIII

i know that... its as if it was passed on to him XD

eh more like rome was lazy when it came to building temples they wanted to simplify the gods.
hard to believe they were lazy back then
compare the temple count. but not forgetting every hearth was hestia's temple. however they did incourage "household" gods so they didnt have to build a million temples

Some actually believe that they are the same being just by different names. Which is possible because there were many names for each god/goddess in
Greece and Rome alike.

nope he is the son of the Titans Hyperion and Theia (Hesiod) or Euryphaessa (Homeric Hymn) and brother of the goddesses Selene, the moon, and Eos, the dawn. The names of these three were also the common Greek words for sun, moon and dawn.

Where Apollo is the son of Zeus and Leto
I love Greek Mythology!!! It is so interesting! My favorite gods are Athena, Artemis, and Apollo!

pandarosebud's Significant Otter

Tipsy Bookworm

10,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Streaker 200
Geek myth's as a them? I like it. 3nodding

Distinct Gekko

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
FishsticksxWeasel
;3; Finally.gaia.is.teaching.realistic.stuff. ;3;
um, no. First of all this is a user run thing and second of all gaia doesn't need to teach you anything. I find what you wrote highly offensive and idotic.
Apollo shuld win hes asom :>
Does any one here want to go to the dance with me?

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Any one need a sweet gaia gal to cut a rug with?
Ama_rox_U

Why thank you! biggrin
Imalyose
FishsticksxWeasel
um, no. First of all this is a user run thing and second of all gaia doesn't need to teach you anything. I find what you wrote highly offensive and idotic.

I concure. When I read this I was like, "When did Gaia become a teaching site?" Rediculous.

10,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
Apollo Helios
Imalyose
FishsticksxWeasel

I concure. When I read this I was like, "When did Gaia become a teaching site?" Rediculous.
maybe not teaching but more a starting point

Aged Phantom

7,565 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
What a wonderful theme! You all are quite creative to come up with something different to do this year and yet something so many people will understand!

6,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
--

Oh.
Well, would you look at this.
I'm already, ready. :>
Apollo Helios
Ama_rox_U

Why thank you! biggrin

np :J

5,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
wat about everyone else huh y dont they put em up at the same time but anyways i lik ummmm idk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff