Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

Upon wondering the many lands and realms of the Gods, a vast doorway laden with the riches of the earth is carved into a giant wall of onyx rock. Giant black gates had been opened up to allow people through. People were gathering at the opening as they seemed to cluster around a sign. Walking closer you realize there is a man, all clad in black, standing beside it. Pushing past the throng of people you can now read what the sign says. In, what looks to be questionable red paint, there is a slash across bold, black letters that read, “DO NOT ENTER!” You see that there is more written underneath and quickly divulge the writing’s meaning.

“Welcome to the realm of Hades, the God of the Underworld, whom has opened up his realm to you for this very special occasion. But beware of the souls and do not drink the river water. The consequences could be... grave. Enter at your own risk…”

After reading the sign you notice that the person beside the sign has started directing people towards the giant black stairway that leads down into the darkness. He smiles as he watches you go by, “Don’t lose your head down there.” his cackling laugh follows you as you make your way to the stairs.

Standing in the middle of the stairway entrance, you peer down the great spiral staircase into what seems to be a dark abyss. Torches lick and flicker against the stone walls in their ghastly shades of yellow, green, blue, red and purple as they are held up in skulls made of precious metals and adorned with gems like those of the entrance. Cold air brushes past you, drawing your eyes away from the walls as it sucks you in and makes you take those first steps down those stairs, drawing you into the darkness.

After a long, spiralling walk down, you feel the air begin to change around you. It begins to get humid as it starts to feel like the moisture in the air has become sticky against your flesh. You can hear water dripping around you as voices waft around in the air from further down. Looking back up you can see the tiny pinpoint of light, like a single star in a sea of darkness. Bidding farewell to the surface and safety that you knew, you turn back to the darkness and pressed onwards towards the unknown.

The voices grow louder as you get closer and closer to them. Your stomach tightens and flutters at the same time as your heart beats like a scared bird trapped in a cage. You see a light just up ahead spilling from a large doorway. Drawn to this strange ethereal light you stumble over to the doorway to gaze upon a massive cavern set aglow by the river in the center.

A crowd has grown at a large dock which houses an even larger ferry, and one like you have never seen. Black as the night, it is decorated in silver swirls and skulls, with nets laid over the sides. A tall man, clad in white with a large hood that shrouds his face so you can see nothing but his tight lipped expression stands with one foot on the dock and the other on the ferry as he ushers people on to it. “Come on people! Down you go, I don’t have all day.” He calls out to group.

His hand shoots up to stop someone, whom you notice is not solid in the least. You look around and notice that several others there are see-through as well, waiting to board the boat along with the corporeal. “No! Not you souls. Not until you pay the fare. Now back! Back! And make way for the living! Hurry it up before they die too!” he huffs at them. His impatience is duly noted as he taps his foot on the stone dock. “Last call for all you living and souls with fare!” He shouts, snapping you out of your little daze as you rush past him and onto the ferry, sitting at the edge furthest from him.

The hooded man boards the ferry and grabs the oar that has been resting against it. He submerges it into the white water and pushes them away from the dock and into the middle of the river. “For those of you that don’t know, I am Charon your boatman today to deliver you as…guests of Master Hades to his Palace.” His voice rings out over them as the sounds of the odd water rushing past the ferry floats around you. “We shall be passing by the Rivers. So ladies and gent’s, I suggest you keeps your hands and feet in the ferry till we reach our destination. Lest you wish to have to pay the fare.” He chuckles and grins in a way that makes your stomach tighten in knots.

He guides the boat with ease into the faster current. “Were you not listening?!” His voice booms, directed at a boy across from you on the other side of the ferry (who has his hand reached halfway to the surface of the water). “The Rivers are tainted by souls and are known to have strange effects on those who make contact with it!” He growls and mutters to himself as he shakes his head. Everyone else on the ferry draws closer to the center of the ferry.

Your curiosity draws you to look over the side of the ferry to see the souls in the river. They moan and groan now that you notice, calling out to you to help them. They outstretch their hands to you, begging you to free them and promising gifts and riches for you help. An oar shoots up into the side of your view, sending the spirits in the river to scream and scatter. “Did you not just hear me yelling at that young whelp over there child?” Charon snarls at you.

At a complete loss for words you stare, open mouthed at him as he goes back to steering the ferry. “Wont be much longer!” He calls out. “We’re already on the River Cocytus. We just passed Acheron and we’re coming up to Lethe and Phlegethon, then finally Styx. The dock there leads directly to the palace gates where Cerberus should be if he hasn’t wandered off again. But it won’t take long, feel free to relax. But not too much.” He says with a sly grin.

And indeed it is not long before you can see the massive palace. The ferry bumps against the dock with a thud and Charon ties it to one of the support beams. “Living first!” He calls out as he starts helping people out of the ferry. You stand up and join the rest of the living that are piling out and onto the dock. Charon quickly grabs your shoulder, stopping you dead. “Stay away from the river. Next time I won't stop them from taking your reckless self off and over my ferry.” He growls before letting go and helping more people out.

You stand with the rest of the living around the dock as Charon turns to you all. “One last piece of advice to you before you’re all out of my sight and care. Do not attempt or even bother to think about stealing Master Hades’ possessions or he will make sure the last thing you see is the growling face of his pet dog, Cerberus.” And with that he turns away from you and the rest of the living to yell at the dead left in the boat some more.

You turn around to see a massive, majestic building looming over you, surrounded by dark coloured gates and a landscape that could only be described as hauntingly otherworldly. Boldly, you and the other living occupants step through the giant doorway into the palace.

Upon stepping through, a massive man with three dog heads approaches you and the rest of the group. "Welcome. Allow me to show you to Master Hades." The middle head says reverently. The right head yawns. "Don't bother going in. It'll be a bore of a night." The left head decides to add his two cents. "Go sniff yourself! They shouldn't even be here!" The three heads continue to argue quietly as they lead you through the halls of the palace

A grand sight greets you as you make your way further into the palace. The palace is decorated in expensive and precious metals, gold designs shining exquisitely on the black walls. The end of the hallway gives way to a massive room, filled with columns and statues adorned with precious metals and gems. At the center of this room is a giant throne made of bones atop a plateau of stairs. At the bottom of these stairs stand four figures. Two massive males, one with white hair and black robes and the other with dark brown and reddish brown robes, stand dressed in robes and metals while they converse with one another. Beside them stand two females who seem to be complete opposites of each other. Though both are dressed in dark robes and metals, one carries a sword while the other has adorned herself in flowers.

The massive man in the black robes turns from the other male to look out at all the people gathered in the room. He smiles, sending cold shivers down your spine. “Hello.” He says, his voice filling the air and ringing through out the massive room. “I am Hades. Welcome to my palace.”

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

All the links to the posts shall go here. <3

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image

1. Adhere to the ToS. This includes keeping everything under PG-13. If you do not follow this rule you will be stripped of your soul and skinned alive by Ares himself.

2. No flaming, trolling, spamming or bumping. In the case that you do not follow this rule you will be sentenced to spend an evening with Persephone as she tells you "What I did today" with every single detail, down to when she inhaled and exhaled.

3. Do not quote excessively. The extent of your punishment will be determined by Enyo, depending on how large your quote tower grows, so refrain from having more than 4 quotes in a post.

4. Never stretch our pages or quote the first page. The consequences of breaking this rule are dire. We will have Charon take you out to the middle of the river Styx, push you in and leave you to drown with the souls trapped there.

5. Respect the Gods, their workers, and any other members of the ball. Disrespecting anyone (especially your hosts, who have worked so hard to make this happen) will result in you being fed piece by piece to Hades's dog, Cerberus. A quite painful death, I must say.

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

Hades

User Image

Hades, brother of both Zeus and Posidon, resides in his realm of the dead. The Underworld. He's a broody sort of fellow who enjoys is solitued, which includes his wife, Persephone.

He rules the Underworld with an iron fist, never letting souls leave from his realm. Although he may be harsh to some, to his wife and those that he cares about he is a bit softer towards but only a bit.

Persephone

User Image

Persephone, the original example of Stockholm Syndrome. You probably know her story: girl catches the eye of grand overlord god of the underworld, girl goes for a walk, a crack opens and is then kidnapped by said god. What tends to get told incorrectly, however, is how the rest of the story goes. Yes, Persephone did perfect her moping face (it takes more practice to make moping look attractive than you'd imagine). She refused food or drink, for a while at least. Although she told her mother that one little pomegranate had been an accident, the truth is that over her time in the Underworld she'd realized that being Hades wife may not actually be all that bad. But whatever you do, don't mention "that man" to her mother. She still hasn't reconciled the fact that her daughter is married and happily in love with the King of the Underworld.

Persephone is the essential girl. Dresses, jewelry, shoes, and flowers: these are items that are right up her ally. She's always loved all things cheerful and light, somehow managing to miss the irony of this in her situation. Though she loves her husband, she has been known to drive Hades up the wall with her penchant for redecorating the palace in bright, happy colors.

Persephone is a very bubbly, lighthearted person. She loves her family, and people in general; a very trusting individual. While no one would accuse her of being stupid (coughinfrontofHadescough) most would assume she's not the brightest, but that could just be her strong naivety. That trait tends to get her in trouble more often than not. She inherited a love of plants from her mother, and spends a lot of her time working in her garden. Whether it be having a tea party with the Furies or pulling weeds, her garden is her sanctuary.

Ares

User Image

"ALALAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

That is Ares' war cry, so when you hear it coming, RUN! This God is as bloodthirsty as a vampire. Don't worry, though, he won't come sucking your blood as long as you don't piss him off.

That being said, many people out there have a misunderstanding of our poor, poor Ares. He may be violent, impulsive, and harsh, as well as capable of killing you with little more than a glare, but that doesn't mean he goes about raging war without reason. In fact, Ares is pretty friendly if you don't go around making him mad. Yes, he may be a dunderhead at times, but Ares is extremely capable of thinking things through, analyzing facts, and using the best approach possible. He is a very determined and loyal man, and would go far to protect the ones he loves. And that group includes his sister, dogs and war.

Yes, Ares loves war. In fact, it's his reason to live, an obsession and passion so deep puny humans like you are unable to understand the beauty of it. The blood on his hands, the thrill of fights, the sound of screams and battle cries ringing in his ears give him pleasure no other can. So okay, no wonder most people have an impression of him as being a bloodthirsty psychopath incapable of anything other than fighting. Well, you're WRONG, mister, and don't forget that. Ares doesn't like repeating. In fact, he's more likely to stick his spear in your head than to repeat something. You have been warned.

P.S: Don't mind him when he curses. Doing it makes him feel cool.

Enyo

User Image

Enyo is Ares’ little sister, daughter to Zeus and Hera. Nobody outside of Olympus really knows of her, but she’s fine with letting Ares have the spotlight. She doesn’t like people anyway. With that in mind, know not to approach Enyo unless you are willing to take a chance. Sometimes she may just ignore you, but other times, such as when she’s in a bad mood (or if you’re just exceptionally annoying) she’ll probably try to kill you. Of course, Ares usually stops her. Now, if you are lucky she might talk to you, but only if she feels you aren’t a blundering idiot like most mortals.

Ares and Enyo are close siblings, and she accompanies him into war. Her job is to destroy things and be as violent as possible. It’s a good thing Ares is in charge, too, because Enyo is fairly impulsive and bloodthirsty. She tends to think things through even less than her brother does.

Just by looking at her, you can tell that Enyo is not what one would call a “girly-girl” (see Persephone). In fact, she is quite the opposite. Bright pink, perky attitudes and the like only irritate her, especially bubble-headed, moronic girls. If one of those people were to get near her…well they just don't. She feels she would be doing the world a favor by getting rid of them. No, pink and fluffy is not Enyo’s style. She likes the dark and quiet better. That said, you might be wondering how on earth Ares could have convinced her to come to the ball, but even Enyo still isn't sure of that.

On the outside people only see the cold, dark, and scary Enyo. But this isn’t all that’s there (okay, it’s most of it, but not all of it). She actually cares deeply about her brother, war, and fighting. Without these, she would probably go insane and berserk.

Cerberus, The Lovable Monstrous Mastiff

User Image

Born of an unholy union between a fire-breathing giant and a naga (half serpent, half woman), Cerberus is the three-headed guard dog of Hades' realm. While his three heads are powerful when working together, they enjoy arguing between each other constantly. Each head has a power unto itself that the other two can't use. But they are only used with Hades' permission. And that only happens when people disobey the rules.

Cerberus has been on "good behavior" lately, so Hades has granted him the opportunity to be off his leash for the duration of the ball. He is, of course, under the provision that he not eat anyone, no matter how tasty they look. So in order to look his best, he talked to Hecate to give him a more humanoid appearance for the ball. While she was able to give him a human body, she was unable to do anything about his three heads. So when you see him, look for the hot guy with the three dog heads. That and he's only wearing a loincloth. wink

Charon

User Image

Charon, the ferryman of Hades, is a friendly likeable fellow who greatly enjoys his job—likening himself to be more of an amiable taxicab driver, or a zealous tour guide rather than a depressing boatman of the underworld.

He’s never really thought of his job as “work” but rather, a way to meet new and interesting people and get paid for it—granted it’s never a lot but, with so many new arrivals it starts to add up…

Though, at times, he can be rather stingy. A firm believer in “nothing in life is free… including death”, he’ll almost never take a passenger without getting paid. He’ll almost never do anything unless there’s something in it for him. People tend not to ask him for favors, as he can usually finagle some sort of compensation out of them for his services.

User Image

User Image User Image

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

Hello people! Welcome to the 8th Gaia User Annual Ball! As hosts of the Hades Palace, let us introduce ourselves...

User Image

Hello! I am broken_bleeding_angel. I am from Canada. I currently work in a bakery, which I love doing. I've been involved with the Annual Ball for two years now. I've been on Gaia for over four years, which makes me old.

User Image

Yo, folks! This is Shunatsu from Malaysia who's finally graduating high school by the end of the year (wakakakaka)! I’m an otaku and a member of Dollars (check out my sig wink ) , but I'm glad you could make it. Welcome to our room and enjoy the ball!

User Image

Hello! I’m -The Dusk Sky-. I live in the Pacific Northwest. I’m still in school and I don't currently have a job. I just joined gaia last year, so I guess I’m a bit of a newb (: . I like to draw a bit and rp when I have the time. When I saw this guild, I wasn’t sure whether to join or not since I had never attended a ball. I decided to join anyway and I’m glad I did! We have all had lots of fun planning this event, so enjoy yourselves and the ball!

User Image

Hey there everyone! I'm Kala Kirya. I'm from all over, but let's just go with the U.S. in general. I'm currently an English major in college and an aspiring author. I've been involved with the annual ball for a year, and Gaia in general for... wow, three or so years.

User Image

Salutations! I am SorceressJacklyn but you may call me Jackie. I am doing my first year of ball work and hope that the help I have done makes this one you won't soon forget! I enjoy fantasy-themes, especially magic and gothic. Most of my normal avatars are a mix of these. But my little break from normal comes in I love wintry items! I roleplay my heart out and mostly log in to do that or talk to my friends.

User Image

Salutations, I am Hester Peche. I’m a sociology student and part-time sexy librarian, who is currently situated in Northern California—though that is going to change if I have anything to say about it. I’m an admirer of pretty dresses and bad music, with a penchant for cheesecake and old movies.

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

Someone has been stirring trouble in the Underworld, and chaos has disrupted the party.

1) Upon chasing a Frisbee, Cerberus fell into the Archeron, the river of woe, only to be saved by Charon. It was too late though, as the souls of the river taints his mind with grief and misery, leaving him feeling useless and upset. To the point that he wanted to resign.

Please help restore his confidence and self esteem so he could continue guarding the Underworld for eternity!

How? Well, just pay attention. wink

2) Enyo has been pushed into Cocytus, the river of lamentation! After hearing the cries of grief and sorrow from war victims, she decides to quit, refusing to work alongside Ares any longer.

Please help Ares to get his precious old Enyo back to her bloodlusting self! And don't go telling him how good the situation is for World Peace. He shall devour your soul and spit out your bones. And castrate you if you're male.

Ares have found a solution to help Enyo! Mission: Piss Off Enyo

3) Something has happened to Persephone as well. Apparently she had fallen into the Lithe (river of forgetfulness) and lost all memories with Hades. It need not be spoken that Hades is very worry and furious and agitated of his wife's condition.

Please help Persephone restore her memories of Hades before all hell breaks loose in... Hell.

How? Well, Hades isn't really in the mood to talk right now. So lets wait for him to cool down now, shall we? wink

Remember. There will be only one winner each. For prizes, please see below for Main Contest Prizes.

User Image

User Image User Image

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image

The scroll of this Underworld's tale shall slowly unravel...

You take a ride through a ferry by Charon, the ferry man of Hell, through the three Rivers of The Underworld: Archeron (River of woe), Cocytus (the river of lamentation) and Lethe (the river of forgetfulness). Fellow guests are advised not to go down the rivers alone, who knows what might be lurking there...

You reach Hades Palace, greeted by cool looking, gloomy looking decorations, all made from the riches of the Earth. It is a beautiful palace, and for the moment, you are having a good time.

But this peace is disrupted by various incidents occuring:

1) Persephone is dumped into Lethe (river of forgetfulness), and appears to have forgotten about Hades.

2) Cerberus is dumped into Archeron, the river of woe. After guarding Hell for so many years, the strong and tough three-headed dog hears the grief and misery of the river and feels that he is no use at all, set to only bring misfortune to Hell. Thus, he is dead set on resigning from his position, thinking he's useless.

3) Enyo is sent to Cocytus (river of lamentation). After hearing the cries of grief and sorrow from war victims, Enyo feels like quitting, refusing to work alongside Ares any longer, much to his dismay and anger.

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image

EVERYONE! We are only about 400 posts away from beating the most posts in the room of beauty! We wish to beat them for most posts! So as a prize the first person to post the 400th post after this one shall receive 100k!

GO! D:<

This post it #3279

You must be the 3679th post in this thread to win the 100k!

A reminder to all!

We have plenty of contests going on as well in which you may win plenty of cash prizes and items. We have over 1mil in gold to give away so please do check them out.

Also the king and queen contest will end tomorrow night! So if you wish to enter your avatar (not a tektek of it! D:< wink then dress the part and post in the link provided below!

Have a good evening everyone!

~Hades Palace Hosts~ <3

King and Queen Contest

Hades Palaces Art Contest

Writing for the Dead

Create a Hero! (tektek contest)

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image

Those who angers the Gods shall have their names here.

Mac Faol - God-modding and rude
Major Bobby - Quoting the front page and rude (Pg 276)

User Image

User Image User Image

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image

Those who has helped us shall have their names carved here.

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image

Links to the other Ball rooms go here.

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
Main Contest

Ares has come up with a solution to cure Enyo! Check out his new thread:
Mission: Piss Off Enyo

The rest: To be Revealed

Other contests

King and Queen Contest

~ Who's the best dressed for the Ball? Enter and find out!

Scribing for the Dead
~ Spooky stories. Nuff said.

Create a Hero
~ Tektek a famous Underworld character and win a prize!

Art Contest
~ Show off your artistic skill in this year's art contest!

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
Main Contest

1 Luna's Incense and gold for the winner of each day. And there will only be one winner.

King and Queen contest
2 MC's, 2 Luna's Incense, 2 10th Gen Masquerade and 2 black roses.

Writing Contest
1 MC, 1 Luna's Incense, Bad Moon and 1 black rose.

Tektek Contest
1 MC, 1 Luna's Incense, Spirit Pyre and 1 black rose.

Art Contest
1 MC, 1 Luna's Incense, Reve Rouille and 1 black rose.

And with 600K still left in gold prizes to be won.

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image

Coming soon! Our lovely undead artists are currently busy with finishing touches. Expect them soon!

User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image
User Image

User Image User Image

We all want to give Psycho Sabs and True Bliss, this year's ball host, a big thank you for helping making this happen. We'd also like to thank all co-hosts, who did a wonderful job coordinating everything, and we appreciate their help so much. Also, the hosts of this room would like to thank the RPers who are acting for us during this event. Credit goes to - Zilithion - for the layout and dividers, which are beautiful. And thanks to all of the wonderful guests that we are sure will make this ball a huge success!

User Image

User Image User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas