Welcome to Gaia! ::

DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

The music had started now and they were swaying slowly between the other couples. D looked up at Dharumis. He was very handsome and charming and despite the initial apprehension, was lighter on his feet than she had anticipated. She let out a small laugh and raised herself upon her toes to place her lips next to his ear. "The D... stands for D." She pulled back and smiled. "Honestly. Go figure at the imagination of my parents"

Dharumis agreed; the name was very lazy on behalf of the parents. But he dared not say such a thing; besides, it was a very intriguing name: no apparent meaning, no history, just a single, beautiful syllable: Dee. It was mysterious without her efforts. It left him wanting more.

When D pulled back from him, Dharumis' hands flinched; he had assumed that his grip was too tight, or too low, and that was her subtle way of telling him to be careful. But when she smiled at him, that doubt was removed. He smiled back out of courtesy, but found that no effort was required to bend his mouth into its asymmetrical grin.

When D was a child, her name had been the bane of her existence. Yet as the years passed she had learnt how to use it effectively. Her name was a canvas on which she could create herself. Dill. Delilah. Danni. All names she used in the past. Davina. The name had been poised upon the tip of her tong, yet she’d faltered and spoken the truth. As to why, she was unsure. But when he smiled at her D’s stomach clenched. He had such a boyish charm about himself that kept her intrigued. She had spoken of mystery and yet she hadn’t even seen Dharumis’ eyes.

The song had gained a little speed by now and D could feel that they were starting to twirl a little faster, the hem of her dress twisting its way around their legs. “Do you attend these events often?”

"I've never been to a Gaian ball before," Dharumis answered, "but I'm glad I chose tonight as my first." Had he wanted to try, he would not have been able to remove the smile from his face.

It was during the ensuing silence that Dharumis noticed the tempo change in the music, having happened without his awareness. He, usually a butterfly with clipped wings in social situations, was having such a grand time that he needed not give it any thought. If she was not in front of him, smiling, if he did not feel her soft hands upon his shoulders, he would not believe what he saw.

The song ended in a tremolo; a thick, hearty chord pounded out of the ebony piano on the stage. When the hands ceased, the notes decrescendoed into silence, and as dictated by the rest of the crowd, he and D turned to the performers to applaud. It was when he was not gliding across the dance floor that Dharumis noticed how fiery their chemistry had left his body. He could be sure he was blushing again. Turning to D, he asked:

"I'm going to get a drink. Can I get you one?"

D lowered her hands after the applause and turned towards Daharumis. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear she nodded once at his request. "May I recommend the punch? It has a most distinct twist to it that I can't quite place." Lifting her gaze to meet his she felt her cheeks heat up at their closeness. Scolding herself silently she pulled the fan from her sash and flicked it open. What must he think of her! Lighting up like a candle at their mere proximity. “Shall I wait for you at the seats?” D gestured towards the armchair Dharumis had previously occupied and flashed him a smile.

Nodding to D, Dharumis turned and filtered through the crowd surrounding the dance floor. Assuming that the punch's "distinct twist" would be coming from the bar, he searched there first. The search was to no avail, so he probed the area with the hors-d'œuvre tables, at which point he found the bowl of gaudy liquid. Walking to it, he picked up a duck rilette and placed it in his mouth, chewing as he dipped a cup into the bowl. Collecting but a few drops, he swallowed the appetizer and tasted the punch. It was much too sweet for his taste, and he definitely recognized the kick D mentioned, but looking over to the bar, there were simply too many people to effectively obtain a more refined beverage. Even a straight glass of scotch would take too long to be poured, with so many orders to fill. Sighing, Dharumis grabbed two napkins and placed them in his front pocket. He filled his cup half full and D's three-fourths.

He returned to her as quickly as he could without grazing anyone's shoulders, lest he stained someone's tuxedo jacket, and upon making his way to the lounge said, "sorry for the delay," before placing his cup on a coaster. He held her cup from the bottom with his newly freed hand, took his fingers out of the handle, and offered it to her.

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

The music had started now and they were swaying slowly between the other couples. D looked up at Dharumis. He was very handsome and charming and despite the initial apprehension, was lighter on his feet than she had anticipated. She let out a small laugh and raised herself upon her toes to place her lips next to his ear. "The D... stands for D." She pulled back and smiled. "Honestly. Go figure at the imagination of my parents"

Dharumis agreed; the name was very lazy on behalf of the parents. But he dared not say such a thing; besides, it was a very intriguing name: no apparent meaning, no history, just a single, beautiful syllable: Dee. It was mysterious without her efforts. It left him wanting more.

When D pulled back from him, Dharumis' hands flinched; he had assumed that his grip was too tight, or too low, and that was her subtle way of telling him to be careful. But when she smiled at him, that doubt was removed. He smiled back out of courtesy, but found that no effort was required to bend his mouth into its asymmetrical grin.

When D was a child, her name had been the bane of her existence. Yet as the years passed she had learnt how to use it effectively. Her name was a canvas on which she could create herself. Dill. Delilah. Danni. All names she used in the past. Davina. The name had been poised upon the tip of her tong, yet she’d faltered and spoken the truth. As to why, she was unsure. But when he smiled at her D’s stomach clenched. He had such a boyish charm about himself that kept her intrigued. She had spoken of mystery and yet she hadn’t even seen Dharumis’ eyes.

The song had gained a little speed by now and D could feel that they were starting to twirl a little faster, the hem of her dress twisting its way around their legs. “Do you attend these events often?”

"I've never been to a Gaian ball before," Dharumis answered, "but I'm glad I chose tonight as my first." Had he wanted to try, he would not have been able to remove the smile from his face.

It was during the ensuing silence that Dharumis noticed the tempo change in the music, having happened without his awareness. He, usually a butterfly with clipped wings in social situations, was having such a grand time that he needed not give it any thought. If she was not in front of him, smiling, if he did not feel her soft hands upon his shoulders, he would not believe what he saw.

The song ended in a tremolo; a thick, hearty chord pounded out of the ebony piano on the stage. When the hands ceased, the notes decrescendoed into silence, and as dictated by the rest of the crowd, he and D turned to the performers to applaud. It was when he was not gliding across the dance floor that Dharumis noticed how fiery their chemistry had left his body. He could be sure he was blushing again. Turning to D, he asked:

"I'm going to get a drink. Can I get you one?"

D lowered her hands after the applause and turned towards Daharumis. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear she nodded once at his request. "May I recommend the punch? It has a most distinct twist to it that I can't quite place." Lifting her gaze to meet his she felt her cheeks heat up at their closeness. Scolding herself silently she pulled the fan from her sash and flicked it open. What must he think of her! Lighting up like a candle at their mere proximity. “Shall I wait for you at the seats?” D gestured towards the armchair Dharumis had previously occupied and flashed him a smile.

Nodding to D, Dharumis turned and filtered through the crowd surrounding the dance floor. Assuming that the punch's "distinct twist" would be coming from the bar, he searched there first. The search was to no avail, so he probed the area with the hors-d'œuvre tables, at which point he found the bowl of gaudy liquid. Walking to it, he picked up a duck rilette and placed it in his mouth, chewing as he dipped a cup into the bowl. Collecting but a few drops, he swallowed the appetizer and tasted the punch. It was much too sweet for his taste, and he definitely recognized the kick D mentioned, but looking over to the bar, there were simply too many people to effectively obtain a more refined beverage. Even a straight glass of scotch would take too long to be poured, with so many orders to fill. Sighing, Dharumis grabbed two napkins and placed them in his front pocket. He filled his cup half full and D's three-fourths.

He returned to her as quickly as he could without grazing anyone's shoulders, lest he stained someone's tuxedo jacket, and upon making his way to the lounge said, "sorry for the delay," before placing his cup on a coaster. He held her cup from the bottom with his newly freed hand, took his fingers out of the handle, and offered it to her.

D watched as Dharumis wove his way through the crowd and sighed. Making her way over to the seats she set herself down upon the futon. She watched as couples milled about in their own little worlds, fetching drinks and conversing with each other. D suddenly felt quite alone sat by herself and started to fan herself self-consciously. After a few moments Dharumis returned (much to her relief) and apologized for the delay before offering her the drink. “Thank you.” She smiled and gratefully accepted the cup.

Beloved Gaian

5,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
(may i enter this? if so...)

Mine walked in quietly, her heels made no sound as she took a seat
DiddlKid
D watched as Dharumis wove his way through the crowd and sighed. Making her way over to the seats she set herself down upon the futon. She watched as couples milled about in their own little worlds, fetching drinks and conversing with each other. D suddenly felt quite alone sat by herself and started to fan herself self-consciously. After a few moments Dharumis returned (much to her relief) and apologized for the delay before offering her the drink. “Thank you.” She smiled and gratefully accepted the cup.

Dharumis gave a simple nod and smile in lieu of a verbal response; his mind's gears were already grinding at full-speed to find something to say. Even if it was an aspect of dance, their discussion came naturally and satisfied him. In the lounge, however, it was a necessary pastime. After he sat, Dharumis picked up his cup and took a slow, shallow sip and earned himself precious seconds in the process. In the end, he decided to bring attention back to her. He folded one leg over the other, peering at her from across the low table.

"I've told you what I used to do," Dharumis said, holding the cup on his higher knee. "But where are you when you're not seducing men at dances?"

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

Dharumis gave a simple nod and smile in lieu of a verbal response; his mind's gears were already grinding at full-speed to find something to say. Even if it was an aspect of dance, their discussion came naturally and satisfied him. In the lounge, however, it was a necessary pastime. After he sat, Dharumis picked up his cup and took a slow, shallow sip and earned himself precious seconds in the process. In the end, he decided to bring attention back to her. He folded one leg over the other, peering at her from across the low table.

"I've told you what I used to do," Dharumis said, holding the cup on his higher knee. "But where are you when you're not seducing men at dances?"

D laughed at the accusation and took a sip of her drink. “I’m an Interpreter.” She set the punch down and smiled at Dharumis. “When the Zurg first landed not many of the aliens spoke our language. They needed people who could learn fast to translate for them. Since then I was promoted to be an Interpreter for foreign affairs. Mr Gambino himself had hired me on many occasions. To put it simply, I’ve got a talented tong.”

Silence held for a few moments before D fixed her gaze with Dharumis. She rested her elbows on her knees and clasped her hands in front of her. Leaning forward slightly she rested her chin on her hands. “Will you tell me something about your childhood?”
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

D laughed at the accusation and took a sip of her drink. “I’m an Interpreter.” She set the punch down and smiled at Dharumis. “When the Zurg first landed not many of the aliens spoke our language. They needed people who could learn fast to translate for them. Since then I was promoted to be an Interpreter for foreign affairs. Mr Gambino himself had hired me on many occasions. To put it simply, I’ve got a talented tong.”

Silence held for a few moments before D fixed her gaze with Dharumis. She rested her elbows on her knees and clasped her hands in front of her. Leaning forward slightly she rested her chin on her hands. “Will you tell me something about your childhood?”

"Well, I'd really like to, Ms. D," Dharumis replied, "but a guy's gotta have some mystery, right? Besides, I'm much more interested in hearing more about that talented tongue of yours."

Another woman passed between him and D to find a seat, and as she did Dharumis slid his legs over the armrest to give her ample room. When she had past, he returned to his original position, except for folding his legs the other way. His cup was empty by the time he took his second sip, a much deeper one this time, so he placed it on the table.

"It's a pity about Gambino, though," Dharumis said. "I hope those— events— hadn't transpired while you were working under him."

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

"Well, I'd really like to, Ms. D," Dharumis replied, "but a guy's gotta have some mystery, right? Besides, I'm much more interested in hearing more about that talented tongue of yours."

Another woman passed between him and D to find a seat, and as she did Dharumis slid his legs over the armrest to give her ample room. When she had past, he returned to his original position, except for folding his legs the other way. His cup was empty by the time he took his second sip, a much deeper one this time, so he placed it on the table.

"It's a pity about Gambino, though," Dharumis said. "I hope those— events— hadn't transpired while you were working under him."

“Oh no. I was out of the country on business for most of them so I was quite safe. He was a good man, I hope they find his son soon.” She blinked and sat up straighter. A smile pulled at the corner of her mouth as she tilted her head towards him. “You want to know more about my talented tongue hm? It is interesting. It can speak five other languages you know. And recite poetry. And sing.”
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

“Oh no. I was out of the country on business for most of them so I was quite safe. He was a good man, I hope they find his son soon.” She blinked and sat up straighter. A smile pulled at the corner of her mouth as she tilted her head towards him. “You want to know more about my talented tongue hm? It is interesting. It can speak five other languages you know. And recite poetry. And sing.”

"Well, now! That's great!" Dharumis replied, hoping he didn't sound sarcastic. "If you gave me a time and place I'd have to come hear you. I have plenty of free time now, thanks to the economy." Despite the sternness of his situation, Dharumis managed to laugh after mentioning it; perhaps due to the prospect of watching "his" strawberry-blonde beauty on stage. It certainly would have been the first time in several months that he was content with the way things were going; other than the ball, of course.

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

"Well, now! That's great!" Dharumis replied, hoping he didn't sound sarcastic. "If you gave me a time and place I'd have to come hear you. I have plenty of free time now, thanks to the economy." Despite the sternness of his situation, Dharumis managed to laugh after mentioning it; perhaps due to the prospect of watching "his" strawberry-blonde beauty on stage. It certainly would have been the first time in several months that he was content with the way things were going; other than the ball, of course.

D considered Dharumis' offer for a moment. "It's been a while since I've sung in public; that sort of activity is more my cousins ground... But she's holding a concert next week and asked if I would like to participate." She took a sip of her punch. "I normally decline, but this time I feel I may just accept." Blushing she took another sip of punch and placed the cup back on the low table.
DiddlKid
D considered Dharumis' offer for a moment. "It's been a while since I've sung in public; that sort of activity is more my cousins ground... But she's holding a concert next week and asked if I would like to participate." She took a sip of her punch. "I normally decline, but this time I feel I may just accept." Blushing she took another sip of punch and placed the cup back on the low table.

Dharumis watched on as D's cheeks, normally the color of honey, took on a darker, pinker hue. Had the same thing not happened to him several times throughout the night, he would have laughed to the image.

"You don't just lose talent like that by not singing," Dharumis said. He picked up his cup and raised it outward dramatically. "I don't know why you would decline offers like those your cousin gives you." But he knew why he would: the buckling knees. The terrible taste in his mouth. He would be perfectly content, even honored to watch D sing, but seeing as how he was amazed that she managed to get him on the dance floor, no less a stage, joining her would have been taking things too far. Then again, he used to say that about dancing.

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

Dharumis watched on as D's cheeks, normally the color of honey, took on a darker, pinker hue. Had the same thing not happened to him several times throughout the night, he would have laughed to the image.

"You don't just lose talent like that by not singing," Dharumis said. He picked up his cup and raised it outward dramatically. "I don't know why you would decline offers like those your cousin gives you." But he knew why he would: the buckling knees. The terrible taste in his mouth. He would be perfectly content, even honored to watch D sing, but seeing as how he was amazed that she managed to get him on the dance floor, no less a stage, joining her would have been taking things too far. Then again, he used to say that about dancing.

D applauded Dharumis’ dramatic outburst. “All right. If you promise to be there, I’ll sing.” Closing her fan she set it next to her half empty cup. She’d sung on stage before plenty of times but this would be the first time someone who wasn’t family would be coming to see just her. It was somewhat exciting. “But there is a condition.”
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

D applauded Dharumis’ dramatic outburst. “All right. If you promise to be there, I’ll sing.” Closing her fan she set it next to her half empty cup. She’d sung on stage before plenty of times but this would be the first time someone who wasn’t family would be coming to see just her. It was somewhat exciting. “But there is a condition.”

"Isn't there always?" Dharumis mocked, tapping his fingers on the cup that was now held atop his lap.

"I only hope I'm allowed to know what it is before I acquiesce." He smiled at D's previous guile. It was absurd to not expect strings attached to a woman of her caliber, but it took him a bit by surprise nevertheless.

3,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Cait was always one who went unnoticed but decided to go wherever her heart took her to make change of her social ways when she came across an elegant ballroom and walked in. She heard voices and began to wander about to see if she could accomplish her own mission.

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

"Isn't there always?" Dharumis mocked, tapping his fingers on the cup that was now held atop his lap.

"I only hope I'm allowed to know what it is before I acquiesce." He smiled at D's previous guile. It was absurd to not expect strings attached to a woman of her caliber, but it took him a bit by surprise nevertheless.

D laughed at his tone. She’d laughed a lot this evening. “You must take me to dinner.” She settled back to watch his face for a reaction.
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

D laughed at his tone. She’d laughed a lot this evening. “You must take me to dinner.” She settled back to watch his face for a reaction.

"Funny, I was going to say the same thing to you later tonight."

Dharumis' hand instinctively reached for his breast pocket, but, remembering how much D hated his filthy habit, he paused, and then pretended to need to adjust his lapel in order to excuse the movement. If she had asked the same question to the Dharumis that first walked into the room, she probably would have been met with anxiety at the least; at worst, panic. But this was not the case.

"Needless to say, I would be honored."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces