Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
*walks in slowly* hmmm... I seem to be back again... *giggles* ah well. *sits in a chair and crosses her legs*
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

"That'll kill you, you know?" D opened her fan and flashed the stranger a smile.

Dharumis was taken a bit aback by the stranger's interference. But he, as far as he could tell, recovered quickly.

"Well, at least I'll die with a big grin on my face," he chuckled, looking up at the girl in burgundy and white. Uncrossing his legs, he stood up, taking the smoking butt in his left hand, extending his right toward her.

"And who is the radiant young woman to whom I owe my health?"

Blushing at the comment, D took the gentlemen’s hand. “Miss D. Kidd it's lovely to meet you. May I ask your name, sir?"

"I took the name Dharumis in my youth. It's a privilege, Ms. D." Dharumis buckled his knees into a bow, lowering his head and raising their interlocked hands above it. His outstretched arm smeared the cigar at the bottom of an ashtray and left it to smolder. His posture corrected itself into its enatural erectness as he let her hand slip out of his.

"I'd ask you to dance with me, but I don't exactly have the grace of a swan when I'm starstruck."

D laughed at Dharumis's antics and lightly fanned her rosy cheeks. "I must admit to the same. But you should take pride in such a thing; swans aren’t as graceful as one would think. Let us stumble along together."

"If you're offering the prospect, I'll happily take it!" Dharumis replied. He dipped his head down and, upon his glasses sliding down the bridge of his nose a bit, looked directly into D's eyes with a boyish smile. He again offered his hand to her as he walked around her figure.

Dapper Dabbler

10,150 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

"That'll kill you, you know?" D opened her fan and flashed the stranger a smile.

Dharumis was taken a bit aback by the stranger's interference. But he, as far as he could tell, recovered quickly.

"Well, at least I'll die with a big grin on my face," he chuckled, looking up at the girl in burgundy and white. Uncrossing his legs, he stood up, taking the smoking butt in his left hand, extending his right toward her.

"And who is the radiant young woman to whom I owe my health?"

Blushing at the comment, D took the gentlemen’s hand. “Miss D. Kidd it's lovely to meet you. May I ask your name, sir?"

"I took the name Dharumis in my youth. It's a privilege, Ms. D." Dharumis buckled his knees into a bow, lowering his head and raising their interlocked hands above it. His outstretched arm smeared the cigar at the bottom of an ashtray and left it to smolder. His posture corrected itself into its enatural erectness as he let her hand slip out of his.

"I'd ask you to dance with me, but I don't exactly have the grace of a swan when I'm starstruck."

D laughed at Dharumis's antics and lightly fanned her rosy cheeks. "I must admit to the same. But you should take pride in such a thing; swans aren’t as graceful as one would think. Let us stumble along together."

"If you're offering the prospect, I'll happily take it!" Dharumis replied. He dipped his head down and, upon his glasses sliding down the bridge of his nose a bit, looked directly into D's eyes with a boyish smile. He again offered his hand to her as he walked around her figure.

D snapped her fan shut in one smooth movement and tucked it into the sash of her dress. She smiled slyly at Dharumis, all signs of a blush now gone. Taking the offered hand she through him a cheeky wink before stepping into place.
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

D snapped her fan shut in one smooth movement and tucked it into the sash of her dress. She smiled slyly at Dharumis, all signs of a blush now gone. Taking the offered hand she through him a cheeky wink before stepping into place.

As he walked, next to the dashing woman but about a half-step behind, he raised his free hand to push his glasses upward, but hesitated: his cheeks felt hot. He was blushing. But in lieu of shrugging it off as an effect of the room's heat, he felt shame and planned to hide the pink shade as best as he could. Perhaps he did not want to seem immature in front of this girl; in which case he really was starstruck. Yet the fact that he had never taken dance lessons in his life, nor willingly danced with a partner before, did not hamper him.

"If I may be so bold, madam," he inquired, "what exactly does the 'D' in your name represent?" Looking back on the question, he assumed he was taking attention off the inevitable missteps and losses of balance to come. Of course, if that was the case, he would not have mentioned the topic of dance at all and slunken back into a farther corner of the lounge. He, in truth, could not believe he was doing this.

Dapper Dabbler

10,150 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

As he walked, next to the dashing woman but about a half-step behind, he raised his free hand to push his glasses upward, but hesitated: his cheeks felt hot. He was blushing. But in lieu of shrugging it off as an effect of the room's heat, he felt shame and planned to hide the pink shade as best as he could. Perhaps he did not want to seem immature in front of this girl; in which case he really was starstruck. Yet the fact that he had never taken dance lessons in his life, nor willingly danced with a partner before, did not hamper him.

"If I may be so bold, madam," he inquired, "what exactly does the 'D' in your name represent?" Looking back on the question, he assumed he was taking attention off the inevitable missteps and losses of balance to come. Of course, if that was the case, he would not have mentioned the topic of dance at all and slunken back into a farther corner of the lounge. He, in truth, could not believe he was doing this.

"The D? Now now you'll have to earn that one, a girl deserves a little mystery no?" D raised a brow at the blush that had bloomed across his face but chose not to comment upon it. She was relatively a reasonably good dancer but had not wanted to make Dharumis feel intimidated. Dancing wasn't too difficult as long as they kept it slow and simple. Lucky for them a slow song was just starting. They got into position and she guided his right hand down to rest upon her waist.

"And what about yourself hm? You said that you took your name Dharumis in your youth? Why was this?"

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Finished with her staring, Moonbeam stands up and looks out at the same window sill she was at before she was interrupted, but left there to wander around after a couple seconds passed.
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

"The D? Now now you'll have to earn that one, a girl deserves a little mystery no?" D raised a brow at the blush that had bloomed across his face but chose not to comment upon it. She was relatively a reasonable dancer but had not wanted to make Dharumis feel intimidated. Dancing wasn't too difficult as long as they kept it slow and simple. Lucky for them a slow song was just starting. They got into position and she guided his right hand down to rest upon her waist.

"And what about yourself hm? You said that you took your name Dharumis in your youth? Why was this?"

The opaque lenses of his glasses hid the direction of Dharumis' eyes: toward his feet, lest he bruised one of her feet. He took care to make sure that didn't happen; her shoes looked painful left alone.

"It's a long story," he weaseled, reacting to D's comment pertaining to mystery. "But it boils down to my job. I was a Barton knight before I quit the force." Realizing that this information was not at all relevant to his name, however, he continued.

"It was hard to earn respect as a paige with a name like mine; so when I was knighted I chose a more 'appropriate' name for the title. So, how about you? Are you finished playing hard-to-get with a guy you met minutes ago?"

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Moonbeam continued her wandering until she got a little tired. She ends up having to walk over to the garden area to take a break under the night sky.

Dapper Dabbler

10,150 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

"The D? Now now you'll have to earn that one, a girl deserves a little mystery no?" D raised a brow at the blush that had bloomed across his face but chose not to comment upon it. She was relatively a reasonable dancer but had not wanted to make Dharumis feel intimidated. Dancing wasn't too difficult as long as they kept it slow and simple. Lucky for them a slow song was just starting. They got into position and she guided his right hand down to rest upon her waist.

The opaque lenses of his glasses hid the direction of Dharumis' eyes: toward his feet, lest he bruised one of her feet. He took care to make sure that didn't happen; her shoes looked painful left alone.

"It's a long story," he weaseled, reacting to D's comment pertaining to mystery. "But it boils down to my job. I was a Barton knight before I quit the force." Realizing that this information was not at all relevant to his name, however, he continued.

"It was hard to earn respect as a paige with a name like mine; so when I was knighted I chose a more 'appropriate' name for the title. So, how about you? Are you finished playing hard-to-get with a guy you met minutes ago?"

The music had started now and they were swaying slowly between the other couples. D looked up at Dharumis. He was very handsome and charming and despite the initial apprehension, was lighter on his feet than she had anticipated. She let out a small laugh and raised herself upon her toes to place her lips next to his ear. "The D... stands for D." She pulled back and smiled. "Honestly. Go figure at the imagination of my parents"
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

The music had started now and they were swaying slowly between the other couples. D looked up at Dharumis. He was very handsome and charming and despite the initial apprehension, was lighter on his feet than she had anticipated. She let out a small laugh and raised herself upon her toes to place her lips next to his ear. "The D... stands for D." She pulled back and smiled. "Honestly. Go figure at the imagination of my parents"

Dharumis agreed; the name was very lazy on behalf of the parents. But he dared not say such a thing; besides, it was a very intriguing name: no apparent meaning, no history, just a single, beautiful syllable: Dee. It was mysterious without her efforts. It left him wanting more.

When D pulled back from him, Dharumis' hands flinched; he had assumed that his grip was too tight, or too low, and that was her subtle way of telling him to be careful. But when she smiled at him, that doubt was removed. He smiled back out of courtesy, but found that no effort was required to bend his mouth into its asymmetrical grin.

Dapper Dabbler

10,150 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

Dharumis agreed; the name was very lazy on behalf of the parents. But he dared not say such a thing; besides, it was a very intriguing name: no apparent meaning, no history, just a single, beautiful syllable: Dee. It was mysterious without her efforts. It left him wanting more.

When D pulled back from him, Dharumis' hands flinched; he had assumed that his grip was too tight, or too low, and that was her subtle way of telling him to be careful. But when she smiled at him, that doubt was removed. He smiled back out of courtesy, but found that no effort was required to bend his mouth into its asymmetrical grin.

When D was a child, her name had been the bane of her existence. Yet as the years passed she had learnt how to use it effectively. Her name was a canvas on which she could create herself. Dill. Delilah. Danni. All names she used in the past. Davina. The name had been poised upon the tip of her tong, yet she’d faltered and spoken the truth. As to why, she was unsure. But when he smiled at her D’s stomach clenched. He had such a boyish charm about himself that kept her intrigued. She had spoken of mystery and yet she hadn’t even seen Dharumis’ eyes.

The song had gained a little speed by now and D could feel that they were starting to twirl a little faster, the hem of her dress twisting its way around their legs. “Do you attend these events often?”
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

When D was a child, her name had been the bane of her existence. Yet as the years passed she had learnt how to use it effectively. Her name was a canvas on which she could create herself. Dill. Delilah. Danni. All names she used in the past. Davina. The name had been poised upon the tip of her tong, yet she’d faltered and spoken the truth. As to why, she was unsure. But when he smiled at her D’s stomach clenched. He had such a boyish charm about himself that kept her intrigued. She had spoken of mystery and yet she hadn’t even seen Dharumis’ eyes.

The song had gained a little speed by now and D could feel that they were starting to twirl a little faster, the hem of her dress twisting its way around their legs. “Do you attend these events often?”

"I've never been to a Gaian ball before," Dharumis answered, "but I'm glad I chose tonight as my first." Had he wanted to try, he would not have been able to remove the smile from his face.

It was during the ensuing silence that Dharumis noticed the tempo change in the music, having happened without his awareness. He, usually a butterfly with clipped wings in social situations, was having such a grand time that he needed not give it any thought. If she was not in front of him, smiling, if he did not feel her soft hands upon his shoulders, he would not believe what he saw.

The song ended in a tremolo; a thick, hearty chord pounded out of the ebony piano on the stage. When the hands ceased, the notes decrescendoed into silence, and as dictated by the rest of the crowd, he and D turned to the performers to applaud. It was when he was not gliding across the dance floor that Dharumis noticed how fiery their chemistry had left his body. He could be sure he was blushing again. Turning to D, he asked:

"I'm going to get a drink. Can I get you one?"

Dapper Dabbler

10,150 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid
Saint Dharumis II
DiddlKid

"I've never been to a Gaian ball before," Dharumis answered, "but I'm glad I chose tonight as my first." Had he wanted to try, he would not have been able to remove the smile from his face.

It was during the ensuing silence that Dharumis noticed the tempo change in the music, having happened without his awareness. He, usually a butterfly with clipped wings in social situations, was having such a grand time that he needed not give it any thought. If she was not in front of him, smiling, if he did not feel her soft hands upon his shoulders, he would not believe what he saw.

The song ended in a tremolo; a thick, hearty chord pounded out of the ebony piano on the stage. When the hands ceased, the notes decrescendoed into silence, and as dictated by the rest of the crowd, he and D turned to the performers to applaud. It was when he was not gliding across the dance floor that Dharumis noticed how fiery their chemistry had left his body. He could be sure he was blushing again. Turning to D, he asked:

"I'm going to get a drink. Can I get you one?"

D lowered her hands after the applause and turned towards Daharumis. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear she nodded once at his request. "May I recommend the punch? It has a most distinct twist to it that I can't quite place." Lifting her gaze to meet his she felt her cheeks heat up at their closeness. Scolding herself silently she pulled the fan from her sash and flicked it open. What must he think of her! Lighting up like a candle at their mere proximity. “Shall I wait for you at the seats?” D gestured towards the armchair Daharumis had previously occupied and flashed him a smile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff