Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

User Image
User Image

As you step out of the machine, your first observation is the pristinely kept gardens of the manor. Then you turn and see the ocean, calm and peaceful. Upon hearing giggling, you turn and notice gossiping girls, traveling in groups to the front door. You look around and decide to go in.

The sitting room is serving its purpose, as there are many well-dressed couples drinking tea and chatting amiably. As you take it all in, a woman approaches you in a genteel manner. "Welcome to the Victorian Era," she says. A few of the guests give her a strange look, but go back to what they were doing upon her glance. In a more hushed tone, she says, "Drat. Well, whatever you do, don't try to fake a British accent, it's dreadfully annoying. Just say you're American. As for what to do, maybe charades, or perhaps a reading of whimsical literature, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is quite popular right now. Now go on, go on!" And with a near shove, she moves on hastily to the front door, where people have begun to shout about movies and things that haven't happened yet.

User Image

Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Courtney is online.
User Image

Don't be a dunce; follow the TOS and Ball rules.
Don't embarrass yourself; keep in mind where you are.

And, of course, I shouldn't have to tell you to behave in a proper manner. Surely you aren't that ill-bred? Here's a quick list that I printed at the lab:

Do not meddle with, or stare at the articles in the room.
Do not, if a gentleman, seat yourself upon the sofa beside the hostess, or in near proximity, unless invited to do so.
Do not tell long stories, argue, talk scandal or rumors and do not attack the religious beliefs of anyone present.

Oh, another guest. Well, move along, help yourself to some tea and petit fours. And don't screw up time.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How do I get to the Ball?
You're here already; it's this forum.

Do I have to dress up?
No, it's completely optional.

I PMed you for the contest, but I never got a reply?
I'm going through every PM, no one is getting missed. But, I can't reply to them, there are just too many, which is great!

Do I have to roleplay?
No, you can just treat this like any HoT.

Do we get items?
NO. This is user-run, and as much as we love you, we're not going to go buy something for every single guest that comes here. >_O

This will be updated as needed.

Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

User Image
My Name is AGCourtney, it is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. Leave your card in the glass bowl by the parlor, and go on in and have tea. Others may join me as our lovely party goes on.

Other awesome people
- Listen to them OR ELSE.
Laili
Matasoga

Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

After all, what is a party without contests and prizes?

First is our main avatar contest, the Lord and Lady of Time. Details are on the next post.

User Image
Now, it's all very well that we can enjoy our upper-class lives, but being the good people that we are, I should think we could manage a good deed. So, this lovely gown on this lovely beauty is going to be given away. But not just to anyone. No, you see, the person has to deserve it. So, what's your sob story? Why do you need this gown? Did you have ten siblings? Did you drop out of school at age three? What hardships have you faced in life? Just drop me a line with "Sob Story" as the subject. BS as needed; best story wins the gown and a lot of laughs.

Winner: Rememberme4eva, with this gem:

Rememberme4eva
Deer Mis Kinnd Ladey,

Srry for horibel spellng, we cant afford schol.

I live in a to storey box with miy five sistrs and four brothrs.
Our parentz drouwnd wen they were fishing at Baskeen Laeke, tryeng 2 catch a god boot 2 fri up for diner. (We cant afford fish bat)
I spend mi life on teh strets of Durem, asking for spare golld.
Al the rish peple stare and lauf, walkng away whil saing
"What noobs, go away."

If im lucky, I'll gt ten pices ov gold a day two shar with my brothrs and sistrs.
We all hav spesial problems, and we cant afford school.
Thats why i ned the gown for mony...

Anne- She has memory los.
Jannet- Shes coler blind.
Marry- Shes just blind.
Mary Anne- She nevar stops talkng.
Momo- She has a boye obsesion disorder.

Chris- He does not speak...
Max- He can't hear...
Bill- He can't see...
Sheldon- He can't thenk...

So plese, Miss Kinnd Ladey.
Coud you grant me the gift of this beutiful gown?

And meybe, just meybe, we wil survive the harsh wather...

Most Truly Sencerely,

Mary Ann J Sue. :'D

Victorian Wonderland art contest - enter art with an avatar in either Victoriana or Wonderland. I'd love it if it were mine, obviously, but it's your choice. It has to be your own art, and other things that really don't need repeating. Even scribble something on paint, if you want; it's all for fun. Prizes! PM me with the subject "Art Contest" to enter your art.

Winner: This was really hard, so I'm giving two prizes. One goes to Doggy freak for this picture:

User Image

The other one is for concept, awarded to Elangie11:

User Image

In addition, prizes will be given to people who make this event a fun place to be. Just keep posting and enjoying yourself, and you may even get a reward.

Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image
User Image

Congratulations to our winners, Mika Odori and LeonLeingod!

Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
User Image

Whitelist - People who are to be respected and revered, in addition to the hostess. These people are also mentioned up in that post.

Laili
Matasoga

Blacklist - Breaking of the rules, disrupting of others enjoyment, will get you here. The Victorian era was one of strict rules; while this is a party, I will endure no misbehavior.

None yet. Keep it that way?

Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Wealthy Genius

6,225 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
And with that, may the cavorting begin.
Indeed smile

Oh my! I'm so excited! >.< This is the best room ever... Time to go change!
How do I get to the 6th annual ball???
paige4532
How do I get to the 6th annual ball???

Magic Horse and Carriage!
I claim this post for donpatch1 because hes cool like that. cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items