Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Loiterer

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Stepping into the time Machine a large pink button with a set of black 8th notes catches your attention. Your finger itches to press the button. You close your eyes, press the button and hope for the best.

After no time at all the
time machine stops quite abruptly tossing you into the door. The sound of Elvis singing wafts through the doors to the time machine. You cautiously pry the doors open, and step out into the room. You have arrived in a soda bar , popping with bright colors contrasting against the black and white floors. Hearing the music behind you, you turn, and see that the time machine , looks like a jukebox from the outside, and has a buttons that oddly look like things from the past, present, and future.

A
woman makes her way over to you, and looks you over, "You arn't from these parts , are you hon?" She smiles politely noticing you look uncomfortable . "Never mind that then, I won't be talking about it to anyone. My name is Indi and this is a soda bar called "The Soph Hop". Why don't you take a look, and if I can get you anything , just let me know!" She waltzes over to the counter to wait on a customer. "Hello dear."

Generous Loiterer

NOTICES!
Indi is: In

From time to time, I will be working at another bar, out of town.
Whilst I am there, the following people will be keeping an eye on things, their word is law. Any problems, pm me.
All of them will be using
the same font as me!
SLumberloli
ShiraPancakes
Reluctantvoiceofreason

Mr. And Ms. 50's!

As you walk
a little farther into the room you see a cork board with notifications: "1950 black Caddy for sale, Call Slick 555-555" "Pie contest, May 12th, 1953. Call Shelly at Springside School
to sign up." A bright pink piece of paper with the words "Be our king and queen!" catches your attention, as you read down you get the following information:
The
Soph Hop Soda Bar is looking to Crown a King and Queen of the 50's!
To enter: Send a note to Indigo Oblivion with a picture of your best 50s gear, owned or not! **You MAY enter real life pictures. This rule was added 1 pm est Sunday. You MAY change your entry if you want. <3
Ends:July 14th at 10 am! (I need judging time<3)
You win:
The Title of Mr. or Ms. 50's
Popularity
The chance to be Mr or Ms Gaia annual Ball!

And best of all: A Jacket like mine, A bouquet and TWENTY THOUSAND GOLD!!
WE HAVE WINNERS!
May I present to you, Mr. and Ms. Fifties.

Rude Corpse
User Image

a i j i - p o o
User Image

Generous Loiterer

Daily Contests

User Image

PAGE CONTEST:
We are h User Image aving page contests!
You must have had at least ployee.
First eligible[/colo redface r] post on thes10 posts in our thread. The posts cannot be bumps or spam.
You may not be an arrow eme pages wins:
The fir[co User Image lor=darkred]st one i User Image s going to be page 125. The prize is 1k .
The second is 200, prize 2 k.
The third is 250
, prize is 3k.
More to be added!

Trivia:
Every now and then Myself, Slumberloli, or CommonPhenomenon will drop by, and ask a question! First person to answer gets 2k! Prizes will be given out by Indigo by the end of each day!
ONLY Myself, Slumberloli, User Image and Common can make contests! Unless you see us, or another ball host, it is NOT one of our contests, and we are not responsible for it. <3

Saturday:

Title:
Create your own soda flavor
Category: Written
The idea: Is their a soda Idea you have ever wanted to try? Come up with your most original, best, coolest, maybe even grossest soda flavor!
To enter: ENTRIES must be PMED to CommonPhenomenon with a title of "Saturday's contest!"
One entry per person!
I will notify the winner first thing Sunday Morning (or afternoon, I work). <3
Prize: A Coat, just like mine!, 1k gold, and a black ti
e or a white heart hairpin

WINNER:
Black Roze
Nuggets
An enjoyable cream soda that costs nuggets!

Golden colored cream soad servered in a classic 50's glass. The soda has a scoop of ice cream, floating at the top, drizzled in your choice of caramel or butterscotch syrup. The final ingredient is "nuggets". Crushed golden brown peanuts!

Side notes: Nuggets means loose change in 50's lingo. It's a play on both means. Lol. :]

Sunday:
Title:
Create your own Short Song about the 50s!
Category: Written, song
The idea: User Image If have ever heard Elvis you are familiar with 50's music. Why not write something of your own?
give me your best blues song!
To enter: To enter: ENTRIES must be PMED to CommonPhenomenon with a title of "Sunday's Contest"
One entry per person!
I will notify the winner first thing Monday Morning. <3
Prize: A Coat, just like mine!, 1k gold, and Go Phones

w!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! User Image !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRR

The Love Triangle

by Rayne Hatori

My story starts like anyone does.
I fell in love with the swellest boy, I wanted him to be my happy ending.
I did all the things a girl could do to let him know,I love you.
I flipped my hair,and even my dress,but all he did was call me a mess.

Chourus: He broke my heart so I moved on,never to admit to him how I felt, I felt worse feelings then the King Elvis Presley when he wrote the Heartbreak Hotel. I moved on to another boy who was just as nice, even a bit better, he smiled at me,and when I was cold he wrapped me in his sweater.

I fell for this new boy at the school Carnival, I told him baby you know I love and he smiled and held me tight. That night he replied and i'll always love you. He bought me a ring to prove I was his girl and all was good and dandy,until that boy I used to love came to my door with candies.

Chourus: He broke my heart so I moved on,never to admit to him how I felt, I felt worse feelings then the King Elvis Presley when he wrote the Heartbreak Hotel. I moved on to another boy who was just as nice, even a bit better, he smiled at me,and when I was cold he wrapped me in his sweater.

That boy who broke my heart which seemed like for ever ago, he tugged on my poodle skirt and just wouldn't let go, he told me he needed me and that he had made I mistake,I said I still love you,but your not a risk i'm willing to take. He told me but i'm dieing inside and I won't leave, I just can't go. I told him baby, it's to late my hunny and I are goin
g out tonight to see the nickel parlor show. And now it's time for me to let this love triangle go.

Monday:
Title biggrin raw a Sunday!

Category: Art
The idea: Draw ENTRIES must be PMED to CommonPhenomenon with a title of "Monday's Contest"me the best, mos User Image t topping filled sundae you can!
To Enter:To User Image enter:
One entry per person!

I will notify the winner Tuesday morning. <3
Prize: 5k!

Tuesday:
Title:
Draw me a poodle skirt!
Category: Art
The idea: In all my confusion getting ready for the ball, I lost my poodle skirt and the rest of my outfit, so i was stuck wearing my bro's dirty greaser clothes! Gross! Please draw me an appropriate 50's outfit f[/color User Image ]or a female!
To Enter:To enter: ENTRIES must be PMED to CommonPhenomenon with a title of "Tuesday's Contest"
One entry per person!
I will notify the winner before 11:59pm Tuesday. <3

Prize: 10k!!!

stressed neutral ninja idea question question idea arrow arrow User Image User Image User Image

Generous Loiterer

THANKYOU TO:

Slats and mods ut Hosts, Co-hosmberloli: Vol the other Greats and mods and helping hands who made this possible!
lunteered last minute to help me get this show on the road!! <3
Freaksrus, General Tso, and al

Generous Loiterer

Error 10001010100101011 MISSING INFORMATION User Image
User Image dramallama User Image

Generous Loiterer

TERROR AND MISFORTUNE FOR ALLLLLLLLL!!!

8,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
    YAY TO THE 50!
WHEE! *brainstorms soda flavours*
I would love a chocolate malt! > 3>

7,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Yes I must think of a new soda flavor.

Generous Loiterer

Little Miss Defeatist
domokun

User ImageLet the music move you...

Hello hun, can I get you a soda or a shake?

... dance to the beat. User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces