Welcome to Gaia! ::

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Okay who here agrees with me and Death Dealer Kayako and Shinigami Kayako that True Blood was screwed over and that the Emmy's were fixed?

Scary Hellraiser

35,425 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
I still want to know how that happened because True Blood got more storyline that had a good balance of drama, romance, horror and action.

7,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I am a huge fan of True Blood and I have NEVER seen Mad Men but I am still not surprised by this in the least...

Seasonal Saint

31,200 Points
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Generous 100
Cerynitian's Blessing? What is that?

7,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
Yeah, because Mad Men is a better show. That also has lots of drama, romance, and storyline (not so much horror, unless you count the time when a guy's foot got run-over with a John Deer Lawn Mower).

Assimilated Borg

8,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Invisibility 100
I think all the sci-fi/fantasy aspects of the show don't appeal to many conventional "drama" fans, and that hurts its chances. Whatever. Mad Men won last year, didn't it? It's not surprising it stomped again.

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
suu_no_clover
I think all the sci-fi/fantasy aspects of the show don't appeal to many conventional "drama" fans, and that hurts its chances. Whatever. Mad Men won last year, didn't it? It's not surprising it stomped again.

Which is why John Noble is unlikely to ever be nominated for Best Supporting Actor (even though he is awesome).
I think vampired suck.
Trueblood just jumped on the Bandwagon of Twilight, so they arent as good as the the Twilight Saga

5,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
i-Fatso
I think vampired suck.
Trueblood just jumped on the Bandwagon of Twilight, so they arent as good as the the Twilight Saga

I want to apologize to everybody else before I post this but just for reference, True Blood is based off of the "Southern Vampire Mysteries" by Charlaine Harris. The first book in the series, "Dead Until Dark" was released in 2001 and by the time that Stephenie Meyer released the first "Twilight" book in 2005, Charlaine Harris had already released 4 books of her series with a 5th that also debuted in 2005. The only thing about Twilight that came first was the film, which was only released a few months before the True Blood series started. So, its a little difficult to see where True Blood "jumped on the Bandwagon of Twilight."

Anyways, on to the topic at hand. I am a huge fan of both Mad Men and True Blood and I really have to say that despite how much I love both shows, I certainly understand why Mad Men won. True Blood is a fun show with colorful characters and interesting imagery. Mad Men is a great show with colorful characters, great acting, and socially relevant story-telling. Unfortunately, these type of shows are usually the type of shows that the Academy prefers to award Emmy's too.
Every 'mainstream' award show is fixed. But yeah, I agree, True Blood should of won something.
Although it doesn't matter, its loads of great reviews and high ratings show how effing awesome it is even without an award.

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
madmen is the s**t.

7,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Sakie Grayson

I want to apologize to everybody else before I post this but just for reference, True Blood is based off of the "Southern Vampire Mysteries" by Charlaine Harris. The first book in the series, "Dead Until Dark" was released in 2001 and by the time that Stephenie Meyer released the first "Twilight" book in 2005, Charlaine Harris had already released 4 books of her series with a 5th that also debuted in 2005. The only thing about Twilight that came first was the film, which was only released a few months before the True Blood series started. So, its a little difficult to see where True Blood "jumped on the Bandwagon of Twilight."

Anyways, on to the topic at hand. I am a huge fan of both Mad Men and True Blood and I really have to say that despite how much I love both shows, I certainly understand why Mad Men won. True Blood is a fun show with colorful characters and interesting imagery. Mad Men is a great show with colorful characters, great acting, and socially relevant story-telling. Unfortunately, these type of shows are usually the type of shows that the Academy prefers to award Emmy's too.

this ^

<3
(btw nice avi)

7,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
Sakie Grayson

totally agree with you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces