Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
So I didn't get a chance to see the Emmys last night, but I looked through the list on the site. All LOST won (from what I saw, correct me if I'm wrong) was Outstanding single-camera picture editing for a drama series.

Who else thinks LOST should've won more?
I'm surprised Michael Emerson (Ben Linus) didn't win the outstanding supporting actor in a drama series :<

Anxious Strawberry

SegaManiac
So I didn't get a chance to see the Emmys last night, but I looked through the list on the site. All LOST won (from what I saw, correct me if I'm wrong) was Outstanding single-camera picture editing for a drama series.

Who else thinks LOST should've won more?
I'm surprised Michael Emerson (Ben Linus) didn't win the outstanding supporting actor in a drama series :<

Mr.Emerson was so convincing that I was scared to go to bed because I thought he was going to show up in my room XD

5,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Lost deserves more credit than people give it. Yes, it was too confusing for most human minds, but it was incredible for those who did get it. it took a brilliant person to write it.

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
SugarBelle24
Lost deserves more credit than people give it. Yes, it was too confusing for most human minds, but it was incredible for those who did get it. it took a brilliant person to write it.

The problem is that people watch the first episode only, or watch a random episode in them middle of the series, and don't understand what's going on. They don't realize it's a show that HAS to be seen from the beginning, all the way through, so you can know what's happening.

I've heard several conversations where they're like "I wonder if they got off that damn island" and from that I know they didn't see past season 3 or so.

Though every episode ends with a plot twist, and not every question is answered, that's the best part about it; it's left to the audience's perspective to deduce what the reason may have been behind a certain event.

5,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
SegaManiac
SugarBelle24

The problem is that people watch the first episode only, or watch a random episode in them middle of the series, and don't understand what's going on. They don't realize it's a show that HAS to be seen from the beginning, all the way through, so you can know what's happening.

I've heard several conversations where they're like "I wonder if they got off that damn island" and from that I know they didn't see past season 3 or so.

Though every episode ends with a plot twist, and not every question is answered, that's the best part about it; it's left to the audience's perspective to deduce what the reason may have been behind a certain event.

I agree. My friends told me that they never watch it because it's so confusing. So i convinced one to watch all of the seasons in order and she finally understands why i love it so much. It takes a lot of patience from the writers to leave mysteries and questions unanwsered until like 3 or 4 seasons later. It's put together in a way that most people think is just a jibberish mess, but is actually thought through so well and weaved together like an intricate web. That's the cleverness of the whole show.
They should have won at least the best supporting actor for either Micheal Emerson or Terry O'Quinn. Both did an amazing job in the final season. crying The funny thing is that I didn't know that the show Breaking Bad existed until watching the emmys.

Anxious Nerd

16,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I knew about Breaking Bad through a friend, but I've never heard a large amount of people talk about it.

Cheery Scrooge

9,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
It defiantly should of won a few more awards in my opinion.

Friendly Cat

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Medalist 100
I didn't watch either but I agree. All things L O S T

Codger

Agreed. LOST gets a lot less credit then it deserves.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff