Can I have your muffin? >D 0.25714285714286 25.7% [ 36 ]
Poll-whore!! <3 0.085714285714286 8.6% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 140 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 49 50 51 > >>

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
Taken aback slightly that such a respected figure would speak evenly with her, Nilla righted herself, hands clasped in front of her in a small sign of respect. "I am as well as one can be. And yourself? I hope you're doing well."
Oh, such a warm welcome. I'm honoured, specially seeing it coming from people of status.

But the clothing issue... I think I better to see for mine.
Now, now I feel better. I just hope the outfit I chose is not too dark for such a merry occasion as this is.

Where was I...? Yes, pleased to meet You, honoured ladies and gentlemen.
* Shard smiled more broadly still, and nodded once to her, lifting a pale hand to brush his blue forelock out of his eyes.

I am also well, this eve; the opportunity of a ball and the hopeful prospect of the merriment such entails does do wonders for lifting one's spirit. I thank you for having inquired of me.

* He allowed the same hand to fall to rest upon his chest above his heart, as if to indicate himself as he continued,

I am called by the name of Shard. It is both my pleasure and my honour to make your acquaintance, my lady.
Eathlinn
Now, now I feel better. I just hope the outfit I chose is not too dark for such a merry occasion as this is.

Where was I...? Yes, pleased to meet You, honoured ladies and gentlemen.

*laughs and claps her hands enthusiastically* Oh, you look wonderful! What a change you've made, and you've even got the top hat! And I don't think that it's too dark at all.
Oh, yes, it is a pleasure to meet you also!

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
Quickly dropping into a slight curtsey, she bowed her head as instructed to by her elders. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you, m'lord. My name is Vanilla, more commonly called Nilla, though. Which you use matters not to me."

Ember-babe's Prince

A pleasure to meet the both of you. heart And I do apologize, but I'm afraid that I will have to bid you good evening; with the sun long since set, my power wanes, and I will have to take rest ere I spend my energy before morning.

He bows formally toward the room and its celebrants.

Good-night to all.
Ah, lady Nilla, you do me a second honour with the gift of your name.

* Shard bowed his head in return, light glinting in subtle refractions from the crystalline circlet upon his brow.

I am made glad that you have been able to grace our humble hall with your presence, to-night.

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
"I am lucky that I was granted a night's freedom from my home to come. If I hadn't I would not have been given the opportunity to meet you." Nilla smiled politely at the prince, before looking away. "I'm sorry, I must be keeping you from your other guests. It was a pleasure finally meeting you."
. . . a night's freedom?

* Shard quirked one sculpted cyan eyebrow at this.

Do you mean to say that you are not often presented with the opportunity to range as you like? Do please forgive me if I make too bold with my inquiry, lady Nilla, but I gather from your scent and from the coat of your tail that you are of wolf blood, and all of the wolf clans with whom I have had dealings have prided themselves on their ability to roam as they please. What unfortunate circumstance causes you to be so tethered to your home?

* He made a dismissive gesture with his right hand, causing the folds of his cape to whisper down the length of his figure.

Have no concern, my lady; my attention is not in demand, and I should much rather enjoy this opportunity for conversation.

* The Prince of Ice paused, and smiled faintly, studying her with shining red eyes.

. . . unless, of course, you must be off, and thusly wish to take your leave of us?
Oh, oops. Good-night Kharras'an! *waves* I should actually really be going, too. sweatdrop

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
"Oh...no, I still have until sun-up to do as I please. I merely thought that you had to speak with other guests to be polite." Nilla sighed and brushed her bangs from her eyes. "But yes, I am of wolf blood, however, being the youngest of my clan, and having no parents, my brothers usually do not allow me out on my own, if out at all." Looking out the window quickly to make sure she still had time, she continued.

"Since I am the youngest, my brothers find it in their duties to protect me while I am still, as they call it, 'a pup.' However each of them have different ideas as to when I am no longer a pup, each an older age than the last." She sighed again, her tail drooping out of it's curl.
Ah, yes, I see.

* The Prince of Ice smiled with uncharacteristic warmth in his blood-red eyes, and he nodded in a knowing manner.

I think that I might understand your brothers' position. I, too, have two younger sisters that I endeavour to safeguard and to protect. Howe'er, much unlike yourself, they are indeed yet hatchlings; they have less than seven Seasons of age, as yet.

* Shard tapped one porcelain finger against his pale cheek thoughtfully.

I may again speak too freely, but you do not strike me as a pup, lady Nilla. I can sympathise all too readily with the concern of an elder brother for his younger sister, but this does not condone the action of keeping one against her will. After all, one matures most readily when one is allowed the freedom in which to grow. You seem most capable to me. Mayhap your brothers will soon come to recognise this capability within you as well.

* He laughed then, quietly, but his voice was no less rich with his musical Avian accent.

. . . although, being the eldest myself, I know all too well the difficulties associated with letting go. I may hold hope for your emancipation, my lady, but I do not forsee it coming without contest.

* Shard smiled at her apologetically.

I am very glad that I have been able to be a host to you for a time, to-night. I should not like to keep you, though, if you've the remainder of your evening left to enjoy. But I wonder . . . might I make but one last inquiry of you, afore you make your leave?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff