Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The door to the Artificial Room more closely resembles the entrance to a high security safe than an actual door, its spotless chrome surface standing out against the otherwise normal surroundings. It's about a foot taller than your average door and has no doorknob, just a large wheel-like device that can be turned to slowly open the imposing entryway. It's heavy, but luckily it doesn't take you too long to get the door open wide enough to slip in though. The door closes by itself seconds after you're all the way in, a cheap gimmick that somehow manages to startle you a bit anyway.

The first thing that strikes you about the room you've just entered is its size. It's incredibly small, not much larger than a closet, and appears to be almost completely empty. A bare lightbulb hangs from the ceiling, the room's only source of light, and there's flimsy grey plastic table standing against the opposite wall. Sitting atop it is a small vase of, surprisingly alive, pink flowers. Apon closer inspection, the flowers are in fact plastic themselves - far more expertly crafted than the fake greenery one usually finds on earth, they're genuinely mistakeable for flowers even up close and only prove differently to the touch.

A little creeped out by all this, you're about to go back the way you came until you notice a small doorknob sticking out of the unifrom grey of one of the side walls. Aha, this might be what you've been looking for. You're not sure why you diddn't notice it before, but being the brave person you are, you give the knob a turn and pull open what turns out to be the actual door to The Artificial Room.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.In sharp contrast with the room you just exited, this room is big. Really, really big. Straight ahead of you is a huge emaciated statue of a man, made entirely of discarded peices of machinery and electronics, and wearing a red peice of cloth overtop of where the mouth might be, that seems to stare blandly up at the sky without any purpose or real reason for being there - and there is a sky, a sickly looking thing that's pale blue only when not obscured by an ever-shifting grey cloud cover. The light source for the room is unclear, as there's no sun in sight. The horizon spreads as far as you can see to the left and right, but it mostly seems to be a vast expanse of lifeless dirt. The only peices of interest are the statue and a few buildings in it's direct vicinity. Adding a splash of colour to the generally drab room, one squat building to the left sports a large sign that spells out PARTY in mulitcoloured flourescent lights, and a front door with a big white exlamation mark painted crudely across it. Inside there's a darkly lighted bar/lounge with a robotic waitress that doesn't speak, but who will often stand there listening to patrons' conversations. Another building the size of a warehouse has no markings on the front, but inside holds a large collection of broken robots and mechas, some of which aren't as inoperational as they look. Glancing away from those two more obvious structures, you can see a robotic eye on a small stalk poking randomly out of the ground off to the right. It blinks occasionly but doesn't seem to be looking at anything in particular. Moreover, a ways off in the distance there stands an oddly shaped skyscraper with a variety of sattelite dishes and other indiscernable devices hapazardly poking out of the sides. This building holds a variety of abandoned and not-so-abandoned laboratories and offices, if one actually cares to go out that far.

And finally, behind you is the room you just came from, visible only as a small falling-apart aluminum shed with no connection to any larger building, especially not the mansion housing the ball you just came from. For a split second a pockmarked grey rock scuttles across your field of vision, and you have just enough time to spot tiny mechanical legs pulling it along before it dissapears behind the shed. Rumour on the street is that some Zurg technology was hijacked to create this room, and you certainly see how someone could get that impression. Nothing left to do now but explore.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The Artificial Room's host and co-host.

RULES.

1. Follow the Gaia TOS.
2. Be respectful. We're all here to have fun, not to start fights.
3. Listen to the host and co-host, (System Virus and Semi Lionheart.) They can kick you out of the thread if you start pissing them off.
4. DO NOT message the host or co-host unless you have an important question.
5. DO NOT message the host or co-host about contest prizes. If you've won a contest, we'll get you your prizes. Period. You don't need to message anyone about them.

Not so much rules, as suggestions.
1. We like roleplaying here, as you might have been able to tell from the huge long description up there, and there's a number of things in the room that could start up a potential roleplay, so see what you can come up with.
2. If you are roleplaying, reading the room description would be cool. You only really need to read the second half (under the picture) to get a good idea of the room.

Fashionable Lunatic

First Roleplay post on page 269 wins!

Rules:
NO SPAMMING. A really short post, even a really short roleplay post, gets you disqualified. Your post has to be at least 3 sentences, and even then I might be picky. In the case that the first post is disqualified, the prize goes to the first post on that page that qualifies.

Prize: 15k (OMGWOW!)

Doodle Contest (Finished)

Rules:

1. Draw 6oo5e, the robotic goose. (Make him look like anything you want, just as long as he's vaguely goose-like and robotic.)
2. Draw him as shittily as possible, while keeping him recognizable.
3. Funny is good.
4. Keep it under PG13, though. o_o;
5. You can use any program you want, but remember, we're going for BAD art here.
6. Message your entry to me. That way I don't miss it. But you can post it here too.

I'll take entries for lyk, 20 minutes, and then give out prizes.

Prizes:

1st: 10k ---> kohaku_wish
2nd: G-Bot ---> WringLeader
3rd: 5k ---> Dycedarg Beoulve
4rth: 3k ---> DemonGirlChaos
5th: 2k ---> Kibichu

And I might hand out consolation prizes too, if there are extra entries that diddn't make the top five but that I still look. The consolation prizes'll just be random commons and stuff.

Entries

Username --> entry

kohaku_wish --> http://artpad.art.com/?jjgfk71gyajk
WringLeader --> http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/Lycanoleo/6oo5e.jpg
DarkStars2882 --> http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?jjgfji9555g
Kibichu --> http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m221/Glitch-Hack/quack.jpg
DemonGirlChaos --> http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u289/DemonGirlChaos/DSC00680.jpg
Dycedarg Beoulve --> http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/Lycanoleo/l_8f8260d18dd149a20a261356eeef91c1.jpg

User Image

Fashionable Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Some cool places around Gaia I think you might like. (Also, shameless advertising for my friends' various Gaia things.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

THANK YOU!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped out with the ball in any way, by donating, helping out with the plot, helping with the graphics, hosting or co-hosting, or just attending and making the place more fun. smile And a BIG thanks to Cube B, for making the pretty blue banners you see in the thread. biggrin Byyyyyyyyyye, and see you all next year!

( ninja The Artificial Room has a guild... http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=43903 )

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
Just to let everyone know, this is a room, and it is in fact, open. The title was just never changed.
Cube B
Just to let everyone know, this is a room, and it is in fact, open. The title was just never changed.
((ooc: i'm just thinking up a good post for rping wink ))

Fashionable Lunatic

*runs around in circles*

Ok guyz, here's the deal. I can't be here for most of the afternoon, and I'm only online for the next fifteen minutes or so. I'm just going to set up the avatar contest real quick, and then Semi Lionheart is in charge. So listen to that guy. Yesh. Toodles.
Woot!!! Robotics FTW!
All right guys, just have fun.

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
Lovely Banners by the way. wink
Pyfe took a step into the room and flinched, unprepared for the floor's unique texture.

"Dirt? Surely, if they could afford that fancy door, then they could afford a nice tile floor," she commented, staring blankly at her pointed shoes. She then looked upward.

"Oh my."

Aged Capitalist

You guy's are scary D": *scurries out*

Fashionable Lunatic

Change in plans. Don't have time to write up avatar contest. Damnit. It might not get up until this evening guys, sorry. crying

Anyway, I gtg, have fun and see you all later!
A tall figue in beaten up old bike leathers steps into this desolate place, and wonders vaguely what the hell happened here. That possibly this place was still under construction. He wanders slowly over to the building on the left, in the hopes of finding a bar and a stiff drink.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff