jaguar! 0.27868852459016 27.9% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 61 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 > >>

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
The corvid family of birds (crows, ravens, rooks, magpies and jackdaws) are among the brightest of birds. At traffic intersections, the birds will place nuts in the cross walk in front of a the stopped cars and then fly away. When the cars start to move, the tires crack the nuts. When the cars stop moving, the birds will retrieve their meal.

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Einstein hated scrabble
Aside from his favourite past-time sailing ("the sport which demands the least energy" wink , Einstein shunned any recreational activity that required mental agility. As he told the New York Times, "When I get through with work I don't want anything that requires the working of the mind."
How about this:

Quote:
Professor Baird,

My name is Amber Ponder and I'm currently enrolled in your first session summer English 102 class, but I will not be able to attend the first three classes. I'm leaving on Monday to attend my younger sister's high school graduation ceremony, and I'm not returning to Reno until Wednesday night.

I wanted to inform you that I would not be in class, because I am serious about this course. If there is a syllabus or any information you can send me via email I would immensely appreciate that. Otherwise, I will be in class on Thursday and can, hopefully, catch up with the rest of the class at that time.

Thank you,

Amber Ponder
sychobunny
Einstein hated scrabble
Aside from his favourite past-time sailing ("the sport which demands the least energy" wink , Einstein shunned any recreational activity that required mental agility. As he told the New York Times, "When I get through with work I don't want anything that requires the working of the mind."

rofl heart

His explanation makes sense though!
He spent all of his time being a genius, why would he want to spend his free time thinking?
Hahahaha.
sychobunny
The corvid family of birds (crows, ravens, rooks, magpies and jackdaws) are among the brightest of birds. At traffic intersections, the birds will place nuts in the cross walk in front of a the stopped cars and then fly away. When the cars start to move, the tires crack the nuts. When the cars stop moving, the birds will retrieve their meal.

surprised
That's insane!

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
CrinkledStraw
How about this:

Quote:
Professor Baird,

My name is Amber Ponder and I'm currently enrolled in your first session summer English 102 class, but I will not be able to attend the first three classes. I'm leaving on Monday to attend my younger sister's high school graduation ceremony, and I'm not returning to Reno until Wednesday night.

I wanted to inform you that I would not be in class, because I am serious about this course. If there is a syllabus or any information you can send me via email I would immensely appreciate that. Otherwise, I will be in class on Thursday and can, hopefully, catch up with the rest of the class at that time.

Thank you,

Amber Ponder
Sounds good- now you just hope that he's a nice prof

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
CrinkledStraw
sychobunny
Einstein hated scrabble

rofl heart

He spent all of his time being a genius, why would he want to spend his free time thinking?
Hahahaha.
XD I have levels of relaxation... and sometimes I have rules like: must be a movie or tv show in Englsih and is mindnumbing

would mph be willing to submit 500g to the posting contest?
Yeah, I just have to cross my fingers on that one!

I read some rateyourprofessor rates about him, and his class seems pretty easy and he seems alright from what others have said.
Not that I trust those all the time!
sychobunny
CrinkledStraw
sychobunny
Einstein hated scrabble

rofl heart

Hahahaha.
XD I have levels of relaxation... and sometimes I have rules like: must be a movie or tv show in Englsih and is mindnumbing

would mph be willing to submit 500g to the posting contest?

Haha, definitely.
I love mindless comedies.

But I like games like Scrabble sometimes too.
3nodding

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
CrinkledStraw

I read some rateyourprofessor rates about him, and his class seems pretty easy and he seems alright from what others have said.
I never do- you get people who really like them, and people who reallly hate them posting, and I tend to have different opinons from other people of what makes a good prof
Oh!
And yes, 500 gold can definitely go towards the contest.
Would you like me to send it to you or...?

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
No, I'm listing it as from MPH, so whenever we get to that page the mule can send it.... what page should it be? when does this thing end?
sychobunny
CrinkledStraw

I never do- you get people who really like them, and people who reallly hate them posting, and I tend to have different opinons from other people of what makes a good prof

Whenever I see bad posts about professors I laugh. Its usually kids who were too lazy to put any effort into the class that go on and write bad ratings, so you're right.

I definitely don't base my class choices on websites like that, sometimes its just interesting to see what others have said. Especially because I don't know anyone who has already taken these classes! If that were the case I'd just ask them which prof. they liked.
*Shrug.*

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Einstein hated scifi
Lest it distort pure science and give people the false illusion of scientific understanding, he recommended complete abstinence from any type of science fiction. "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." He also thought people who claimed to have seen flying saucers should keep it to themselves.

this one actually saddens me- I grew up on scifi (my mom's a geek, and passed it on to me)
The announcement says this ends tomorrow!
surprised

Maybe page...15 or 20?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas