Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The fringed curtains of thine eye advance,
And say what thou seest yond.
The Tempest, 1. 2
~William Shakespeare

As you push past the fluttering silken drapes, a gentle breeze brushes your face. The breeze fills the entire room, seemingly from nowhere and carries with it the scent of fresh food, the sound of light conversation, and the gentle sway of soft woodwind instruments.

The lighting of the room emanates from the floor itself as it glows bright white beneath your feet. Silk drapes litter the room as they dangle from the ceiling and sway in the soft breeze. As your eyes follow the flowing drapes upward, you notice that the ceiling appears as a blue sky. Clouds stain it as they pass overhead, held by the calm wind that fills the room itself.

A white bar is situated off to the left of the entrance, the smiling bartender is prepared to offer you any food or beverage you could ever dream of indulging in.

Welcome to the Elegant Tempest.

1. Follow the ToS, it does apply.
2. Be courteous to one another
3. No begging for items or gold
4. No spamming
5. No bumping, won't be needing it with the conversations going on :3
6. No page Stretching, it is annoying for users in general.
7. If there is arguing, please take it elsewhere. No Drama needed here.
8. Most of all, Have fun and enjoy yourselves :3

Intro ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ You are here :]
Second post ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Your Host for the evening
Third post ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Updates from Higherups or just normal notifications
Fourth, fifth, and sixth post ~~~~~~ Contests, Contest Categories
Seventh post ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Current Contest Placer~
Eigth post ~~~~~~~~~~~~ Winners Circle~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I am your humble but ohso generous host, [Albert Wesker]~

I shall be with all of you throughout this ball in the ever-so-lovely Elegant Tempest Room~

In my company, I bring you the cohost of the event TKid and the ever helpful and consistent Lil'Wesker~

Each of us will introduce ourselves by providing some quality fact about us :3

~Host [Albert Wesker]~

"Hello, as you already know, I am [Albert Wesker], Host of the Elegant Tempest Room for the Fifth Annual Gaian Ball~ I joined Gaia around the year 2005 and have spent much of my time lurking around the many forums that Gaia has to offer. From the forums themselves I posted in the GCD as well as the GD and have enjoyed my time on these boards quite well~ This being my first ball, I am excited and honored to be able to contribute to such a wonderful cause as this~I know that this will be my first ball among many to come~"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.~Cohost TKid~

"I'm TKid and I'm the co-host for the Elegant Tempest room. ^_^ I joined Gaia in October of 2003 and I've been hooked ever since. I like to spend my time on Gaia responding to questions in the Questions and Assistance forum and lurking around Site Feedback. I'm pleased to be helping out with the Annual Ball again and I look forward to returning for another sometime in the future."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.~Updates and Notifications concerning The Ball~

Here is where information that arises while the ball is going on comes up.

From higherups or my fellow hosts~

If you wish to participate in contests held throughout the ball, please send all applications to user Lil'Wesker as his PM box shall be concentrated on receiving and admitting contestants for the contests :3

Contests are closed~for the night~
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For the final Avi contest which is the Mr. And Ms. Wind Room contest, I will be accepting 10 contestants for this competition (5 female, 5 male) wherein the contestants shall be competing for the top slot of Best Avi, THIS CONTEST SHALL BE RAN ON THE 10th OF JUNE THOUGH, ALL NORMAL AVITAR CONTESTS SHALL BE HELD NORMALLY AND SHALL FOLLOW THE RULES LISTED BELOW.

As with other Avitar contests, The FIRST 10(TEN) people to send me avis for the contest shall be admitted into the contest itself. This shall be done on the user account of Lil'Wesker so if you want to be a contestant, Please do not send your selected avi to [Albert Wesker], send it to Lil'Wesker instead.

Upon receiving the first 10 contestants, I shall screen shot the image to prove validity and then set up the post below that is listed for current contest contestants.

Voting for the Avi Contest shall be done in the Poll, each contestant shall be assigned a number and the contest duration shall be 1 hour or first to 100 votes, depending upon popular vote among the contestants.

FURTHERMORE~Voting shall be placed in seperate topics!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

During the ball, I shall post descriptions and you must find who I am describing, what I am describing, basically whatever seems to connect to and completes the information given :3

Categories of these riddles may vary from Actor Quotes to Questions regarding Academics (YES, THINKING, LOLOLOL I'm not evil :3).

If you wish to submit an answer for this contest, please send a pm with your answer to Lil'Wesker.

As with other Trivia contests, I shall establish a similar system as a Radio show, for example:

Me: What is alternative name for H2O?

Fourth gaian to pm me the correct answer wins~

Random Contestant entry #4: Water?

Me: CORRECT!!!

Random Contestant entry #4: OMGOMGOMG

Gaians Numbers 1 through 3 may have gotten the right Answer, but they were not gaian number 4. It's luck, timing, and knowledge that win in this game~

As with the other contests, I shall be Screen shotting everything to keep up with Validity and Truth.
Due to lack of popular favor and the time wasted in the last voting session for the previous Haiku contest, the Haiku Contest itself has been dropped so as to make time for other contests.

I apologize for the inconvenience but it must be done.
Current Contest Slot

In this slot there shall be the contest currently at hand~

Whether it be the Avi contest or Trivia Contest, the contestants shall be listed and numbered~

[x]
~The Winners' Circle~

This area is a place to remember those who overcame adversity, physical conditioning, crippling stress, and had a fast internet connection and mad typing skills~

Here, shall go the Winners, the contests they won, and a screen shot to prove it~

Proof in the pudding and all that jazz~

Contest Winners
User Image
Miaran

Contest won: First and Tenth Riddles

Link to Screenshots of Victory: [X][X]

Duchess Dill

Contest won: First Avatar Contest

Link to Screenshot of Victory: [X]

User Image
Pirate.Fairy1593

Contest won: Second Riddle

User Image
Silent_Poet_Inlove

Contest Won: Third Riddle

User Image
--lonely_arctic_wolf--

Contest Won: Fourth Riddle

User Image
Heubschen

Contest Won: Fifth Riddle

User Image
Hari The Fox.jpeg

Contest Won: Haiku Contest

Link to Screencap of Victory: [X]

User Image
SetoLoki

Contest Won: Sixth Riddle

User Image
Saluuna

Contest Won: Seventh Riddle

User Image
Lady-Rowena

Contest Won: Eighth Riddle

User Image
Tseta C. Aito

Contest Won: Ninth Riddle

User Image
Gemini_alchemist

Contest Won: Eleventh Riddle

User Image
ain3

Contest Won: Twelfth Riddle

~Reserved~
~Reserved~
>w< I'm glad to see this open! *waves to both*

(If I'm not allowed to post yet, I'll just delete this. sweatdrop )
friends4ever1221
>w< I'm glad to see this open! *waves to both*

(If I'm not allowed to post yet, I'll just delete this. sweatdrop )
^_^ You're allowed to post!

I'm glad to see you here.
Yay. : D Nice to see you too, TKid! And you got to be a co-host, too! XD <333
*clumsily waddles in*

Oh dear, where am I?! O_o

Why, heya there, TK! You make quite the graceful host! ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers