Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
Nurse Whiskey
If the anniversary ball isn't on or near the actual anniversary, and you're just placing it whenever it would be convenient, then it's just an event. Also, "ball" implies something grand and formal, and there's little of that here.

And whatever happened to the old NPC's? Honestly, I hate the weekly comics and random people in the banner because they've really helped along the total destruction of the interesting story and plot lines that made Gaia so unique and fun. To avoid becoming completely sidetracked though, I dislike events not hosted by the old NPC's, and that don't appear to be well planned with a lot of thought into it.

~END~

We never claimed to be the anniversary ball. In fact we stated many times that Annual Ball != Anniversary Ball.
User Image
Elindranyth
Hana No Chi
Semi Lionhart
Hana No Chi
Um... hi. =3

I honestly think there should be at least an annoucment a week or three days before the ball. Although, the contests were awsome (no complaint about them :3 ), I think there could be a few more Art contests, and such. sweatdrop
Us Host and CoHost, and Organizers can't make a official announcement, that's up to the Admins. And they just chose to make it on the same day. Maybe they'll make an earlier one next year.

@Kyonkyon713: Naw. This is more than enough time.
That reminds me of something I wanted to ask. surprised

How DO you become a host/co-host? XP

As for me, I saw a link to the guild, joined, helped out by offering to do a profile auction, and then applied to be a host when we figured out how many rooms there were going to be. I wasn't chosen as a host, but one of the hosts asked me to be his co-host. Last minute, the host of my room found out he wasn't gonna be able to be around this weekend, so I got to step in to be host.
User Image
surprised Well, what a way to be in charge. XP

Since I don't know much if how you do it on gaia, I'm planing to start it on Mene. >:3

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
Um, from the point of view of a Co-host, perhaps we should have the Storyline thread stickied next time.
No one in the Garden room knew what it was. XD Even though I mentioned it 50 times.
Leyna
The only reason we have this forum is because we asked nicely and the annual ball holds a lot of history on Gaia.

That's my problem right there. This event hasn't been exciting enough to really warrant any special treatment, and maybe that's why it got a lot of flack (though I tend to blame that on whiny users). If you're going to hold this, then live up to the history of this event as some monumental, site-changing thing. Do something that'll actually change the site, or the way the users look at it. As it is, it's just another big RP with the chatterbox mixed in.

I honestly don't know what you could do to change Gaia like the first event did, but that's why I'm not going to go down in Gaia history and Misao has, and also why I'm not trying to help put this on. If you're going to hold this event, do it right.

Shameless Star

17,025 Points
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Leyna
Starrii
Leyna
Starrii
Yusukeman
Starrii
I think that planning should begin earlier, and that publicity really is needed. Because this is a user-run thing, there should also be more users involved, people think this is only for the elitist. You guys should have started the process around January, instead of March (though I know that not everyone is on 24/7, starting earlier can balance out the time more), and there should be a hiring thread that gets more then 10 people as staff (maybe 25?).

No one else took up the ball so Leyna decided to take it up herself.
There would have been NO BALL if she didnt decide to do it (starting in March).

The ball was in no way elitest, being that it every aspect of it was open to ANYONE regardless of join date.

Examples...

System Virus- Host of the Artificial room joined 08/14/2005
Astera_Renata- Host of the Muesum of Atlantis joined 03/29/2006
PliR- co-host joined 12/21/06

The whole argument that that organization of the ball was for elitests only is completely without merit.

As for the 03 and 04 only topics....Thats what those users decide to make and was in no way made by the ball organizers.
I've seen a yaoi guild thread, you dont see me complaining about how it shouldn't be there, being that I dont read or like yaoi. Complaints about 03/04 only threads is very much like someone complaining that the seniors only bingo night is unfair to those who arent seniors.

I in no way said that this ball was eltitist! gonk

I simply said that people think. If I thought it, would I be saying 'people'?
I don't think it was directed at -you- but the -people- thinking that. sweatdrop No worries 3nodding

Sorry. x/ I'm kinda in an argument, and I guess I wasn't thinking straight. xP

:3 I'd love to help with next year, if there be need. xD
I have a few people who've asked and i'm composing a list of people who want to be notified for next year's planning. Shall i add ya to it? whee

I'd love to be added. ^-^
First, I'm glad the admins didn't give out items, in my opinion it would have only detracted from the event with people having wild and crazy spastic fits going after them. I thought the event was well put together and was pleased with nearly all I saw. Congrats and thanks for all you did. heart

I am one of the Gaians who just got smacked in the head with the announcement and went, 'huh? Oh! Really?!' However reading the explanations for the advert issue...the only thing I could suggest, which perhaps you already did and please excuse me if you have, would be to ask any mini-shop or guild owner working on things for the ball to advertise in their front page. I remember the user-run mini-shop trick or treating for free images event was so heavily advertised in '05 I would have had to leave Gaia not to notice.

Besides that, I'd just have to say that more Room contests would have been nice, especially for avatars. Perhaps there should be a lesser competition for the election of the Mr. and Mrs. Fill In Name Here's Court? I believe some similar RL competitions do that. I know there's only so much that can be offered in items or gold for prizes but art is a good reward too (actually, a great reward). Along that line, if a good graphics-shop owner wished they could drive their rabid fans mad with either 'credits' for their store or a freebie. Of course, that's all controlled by others so probably not very helpful advice. sweatdrop

I thought the Garden of Eden's option to get a pic of your av with a themed backdrop was very good, though I didn't get one since I didn't spend any time there. It would be neat to have something similar in other themed threads. Something that took a bit away from the atmosphere in some rooms were slight typos/errors/whatever in the actual room descriptions, which I'm sorry to say I thought was a little lame. The cool banners in the rooms did sort of compensate for it though.

Last thing: I barely noticed there was a storyline and promptly forgot about it once I moved to another thread. Sticky it next time?

Now that I've given you way too much of my opinion, please don't shoot me much, I mean well. xd
YoKaI'S tReAsUrE fOrEvA

Wheezing Genius

8,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
mrgreen
i took a look at the 1st years thread .
comea long way baby!
AWSM JOB!!
mrgreen
Light Room rawkd.

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
The Photo idea was last minute. Alot were already busy with other things.
Also, we had alot of Host/cohost changes this weekend.
All of the Hosts worked hard. Believe me.
I was scared when this went live via announcement. As we were not expecting it to. We knew it would get a good turn out either way.

Also, alot of us may have known people in shops etc., but did not ask them for help. I went around on my own and found all my adopted pets.

As far as Typos, some rooms were meant to have them for the plot.
And yes some rooms were rushed. But they all looked wonderful. I am very happy with how it all turned out.

I gave away art in my thread, but due to the heavy traffic and issues with my cohost, I have alot to do yet lol.

Also, even us hosts had connection issues this weekend, so even with that we still tried our hardest for all of you.

There it is. My excuses lol. But all in all I hada blast!
The Light Room with Karaoke, Lounge singers and Muffi-chan was more than I expected.

Wheezing Genius

8,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Spellcat
First, I'm glad the admins didn't give out items, in my opinion it would have only detracted from the event with people having wild and crazy spastic fits going after them. I thought the event was well put together and was pleased with nearly all I saw. Congrats and thanks for all you did. heart

I am one of the Gaians who just got smacked in the head with the announcement and went, 'huh? Oh! Really?!' However reading the explanations for the advert issue...the only thing I could suggest, which perhaps you already did and please excuse me if you have, would be to ask any mini-shop or guild owner working on things for the ball to advertise in their front page. I remember the user-run mini-shop trick or treating for free images event was so heavily advertised in '05 I would have had to leave Gaia not to notice.

Besides that, I'd just have to say that more Room contests would have been nice, especially for avatars. Perhaps there should be a lesser competition for the election of the Mr. and Mrs. Fill In Name Here's Court? I believe some similar RL competitions do that. I know there's only so much that can be offered in items or gold for prizes but art is a good reward too (actually, a great reward). Along that line, if a good graphics-shop owner wished they could drive their rabid fans mad with either 'credits' for their store or a freebie. Of course, that's all controlled by others so probably not very helpful advice. sweatdrop

I thought the Garden of Eden's option to get a pic of your av with a themed backdrop was very good, though I didn't get one since I didn't spend any time there. It would be neat to have something similar in other themed threads. Something that took a bit away from the atmosphere in some rooms were slight typos/errors/whatever in the actual room descriptions, which I'm sorry to say I thought was a little lame. The cool banners in the rooms did sort of compensate for it though.

Last thing: I barely noticed there was a storyline and promptly forgot about it once I moved to another thread. Sticky it next time?

Now that I've given you way too much of my opinion, please don't shoot me much, I mean well. xd

this guy says a lot of what I was thinking & i'm bad w/wordz

yeah I was like Woah!~ Where did this come from!!!!
(being a newbie to Gaia still: 6weekz & addicted! w@@t!)I had no Idea!

There was a storyline? *goes to find it ~Monday nite* lawls.

The baNNERS WERE awsm!

Fashionable Lunatic

I'd also like to mention that there was a very small number of people available to organise this ball, (and even less for the plot - besides the roleplayers (who were all awesome heart ) there was mostly just me and Astera_Renata organising the plot, and we both had a huge schoolwork load in the days leading up to the ball.)

I think the whole thing would have gone a lot better if we had more people in the planning guild early on, and if those people had all managed to stick around all the way through to plan. There was mention of a number of extra special events that never went through, not to mention the plot, which diddn't go anywhere near as planned due to a variety of issues (mostly a lack of people who knew all of what was going on.)

So yes, this post is basically me complaining, but that's what the suggestions thread is for, after all. xp

I think it was a general success overall though, given the circumstances.
It seems there needs to be more of an insentive for peopel to come.

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
Spellcat
Besides that, I'd just have to say that more Room contests would have been nice, especially for avatars. Perhaps there should be a lesser competition for the election of the Mr. and Mrs. Fill In Name Here's Court?

I know in my room, we took applications for most of Saturday, then my co-hosts and I narrowed the applications down to 5 guys and 5 girls, and then put those 10 entries to popular vote over night. It was a free contest, so it wasn't fair to the latecomers to just take the first 5 guys and 5 girls, as that would have filled up in the first 5 minutes, but we did want the people to have a say in who their winners were.
User Image

Sarcastic Codger

24,440 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
The plot went well at the end. Alot of people were riveted to it lol. It was an interesting ending lol.
what if we had a prom? for any special occasion, and we would get new dresses and tuxedo's in the shops and a free accessories or clothes for the prom, and you email every member of gaia so that they are aware!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff