Welcome to Gaia! ::

-Laughs a little.- Well, we could have a group of people work on a room and design it all before a host is chosen... >>; That way you won't have to worry about not being able to get it all designed.
I think we need free stuff! AND it should be easier to find, yes. domokun
Have the whole ball have no lights.
The pages will be black and so will the words so that it just looks like a black screen.
But give everyone candles or flashlights and they carry those
in the thread and it let's them see everything through a dim glow.

Lonely Explorer

Cocainecereals

You had lots of opportunities to get free stuff! And the easy to find was really the admins, I think, not us.
@ Liefsul : That's a good idea. We had loads of graphic editors this year, and if we make the guild as public as possible for next year, we'll have even more people, even more skills and even more money! blaugh

@ AquaPearl1234 : A good idea, but would any of the males come? I'm not even sure GiB would support us on that. Something like cultures or groups of collectables (e.g Plushie, Demonic, Angelic, Attack & Defense) would appeal to both genders and everyone. (I must say, this years theme does a great job of it! Go Leyna!)

Winter Bear

Cocainecereals
It's a user-run event. There aren't any free items unless users are giving them out. The Gaia Anniversary Ball gives out event items to everyone. This, the Annual Ball, is something different.

I do like all of the stickied topics, since it made it easier for various chatter and roleplayers to find homes within the ball.
Need some rules prohibiting bumping, or atleast make a room that is used soley for bumping. There really isnt a need for bump threads....that could be done in the chatterbox. Bump threads only serve to push down threads where people are actually talking.

Or.....Having multiple subsections/rooms would make it easier to keep up with ball, since as of now it moves as fast as the chatterbox (being all in one room).
Aricka
give out special items

That isnt up to the users who run it... sweatdrop

That is up to the admins and devs whether or not they decide to randomly throw in items.
my sugestion is to have more people running contests so it wont end up like what happened to mog in the dark room
Starrii
I think that planning should begin earlier, and that publicity really is needed. Because this is a user-run thing, there should also be more users involved, people think this is only for the elitist. You guys should have started the process around January, instead of March (though I know that not everyone is on 24/7, starting earlier can balance out the time more), and there should be a hiring thread that gets more then 10 people as staff (maybe 25?).

No one else took up the ball so Leyna decided to take it up herself.
There would have been NO BALL if she didnt decide to do it (starting in March).

The ball was in no way elitest, being that it every aspect of it was open to ANYONE regardless of join date.

Examples...

System Virus- Host of the Artificial room joined 08/14/2005
Astera_Renata- Host of the Muesum of Atlantis joined 03/29/2006
PliR- co-host joined 12/21/06

The whole argument that that organization of the ball was for elitests only is completely without merit.

As for the 03 and 04 only topics....Thats what those users decide to make and was in no way made by the ball organizers.
I've seen a yaoi guild thread, you dont see me complaining about how it shouldn't be there, being that I dont read or like yaoi. Complaints about 03/04 only threads is very much like someone complaining that the seniors only bingo night is unfair to those who arent seniors.
I think you did very good this year. I'd like to try and help out next year, but I don't know who to contact. ^^;;;
As for having no notice/announcement before the ball...

We did the best we could to advertise the ball in anyway possible. I personally spammed many places all over gaia in an attempt to get the word around, which resulted in me getting temp banned. Others went the more legal route and simply put all the info and links in their sig to the gaia annual ball guild.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?guild_id=3836

In the past, the ball has NEVER had an official announcement. We didnt expect an announcement this year, nor ask for one. It was just given to us. The exchange went something exactly like this.

Admin-"I'm going to make an announcement"
Leyna- "oh?......ok :]"

If you think you could have done better to spread the word around, please join the guild for next years ball and help out.

As for an official announcement asking for help to organize the ball. That would have resulted in HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of people coming in asking to help, and begging for gold thinking for whatever strange reason that the organizers are rich. As a matter of fact...as soon as the ball announcement was made, Leyna was IM'ed instantly on AIM by +30 people asking about the ball and asking for gold and such (she has since then taken her AIM sn off). You have to realize the logistics of dealing with a website that has over 7 MILLION users

Having different rooms and sections for threads would have cut back on the crowding by a ALOT though...That should definately be taken up next year with the admins.
Was there even a plot this year?
This year seemed to be a little, eh, iffy.

You know how we had a banner last year where we saw other Gaian's avatar's at the top of the thread?
It should be brought back. It was cool.

I don't really care much for having an advanced announcement for the ball. That's never actually happened before in the past, from what I can remember- plus, I like surprises. All in all, the ball was alright. It seemed a little boring, though. Very dull. It needs a little spice, a little flavor.

Yeah. That's what I think.
I still love you though, Gaia.
cool

edit //
We need Gambino back for next year. D:
It's just not the same.
Despite the complaints about elitest threads and users wanting free hands outs. You guys have my Kudos for one awesome event, and double props for the effort that was put forward.

I have no complaints.

However, may I suggest that next time we encourage role-play? I seconded, the pirate ship for next year. Also, we can have dance competitions and a official art auction/raffle.

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
Yusukeman
Need some rules prohibiting bumping, or atleast make a room that is used soley for bumping. There really isnt a need for bump threads....that could be done in the chatterbox. Bump threads only serve to push down threads where people are actually talking.

Or.....Having multiple subsections/rooms would make it easier to keep up with ball, since as of now it moves as fast as the chatterbox (being all in one room).
I know my room had rules against bumping, and the main announcement reminded people of that room, so anyone bumping any of the stickies could have been reported as spam.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff