Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yes, her death will impact the Grammys. They're honoring her with J. Hudson singing a medley of her songs. I'm sure many artists will be honoring her on their own way.
The Enforcer666
Tassima
The Enforcer666
Tassima
I think the tribute is a good idea. Although they should possibly have gotten someone more iconic than Jennifer Hudson to do it.

Like who? None of these now singers are good enough or would bring her justice. And truth be told, I don't even know who Jennifer Hudson is.

Aretha Franklin

HA! I WAS THINKING HER TOO xd
******** it. you're getting tipped for that.

Thank you! I am quite new to Gaia... what does tipped mean? You gave me gold for saying that? If so, THANK YOU! Hope you're enjoying the Grammy's so far!

Interesting Friend

9,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Graceangel
i think they will. her music has had such inspiration and drive for other artists.

how can you not honor her? sure.. her life hit some rough spots, but so what.. does that in any way negate her contributions to hte music industry?

They said that they will..... and there was one small tribute at the beginning. I totally agree with you; she as well as Gloria Estafan were driving forces in their time. They belong right up there with the greats (Elvis, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Sir Elton John, etc) of those folk who have shaped Music down the years.

Interesting Friend

9,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Tassima

Thank you! I am quite new to Gaia... what does tipped mean? You gave me gold for saying that? If so, THANK YOU! Hope you're enjoying the Grammy's so far!

That means someone hit the "tip jar" button because your post rocked. You get 25 gold (if I remember right) every time someone hits it.
Whitney was the greatest. No one has come close to her and no one ever will.
Can I get an amen?
Ketira
Tassima

That means someone hit the "tip jar" button because your post rocked. You get 25 gold (if I remember right) every time someone hits it.

Cool thank you for the info!

Quotable Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
AND IIIIII WILLL ALLLLWAAAAYS LOOOOOOVE YOOOOOU!

Quotable Phantom

7,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ginger Bird

It's technically a Dolly Parton song, but whatever.

IRL Exhibitionist

11,300 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Ginger Bird

You should be around me when that part hits. Every single note hit.

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Dariachan
Yes, her death will impact the Grammys. They're honoring her with J. Hudson singing a medley of her songs. I'm sure many artists will be honoring her on their own way.

wasn't a medley; was just "i'll always love you."
Graceangel
Dariachan

wasn't a medley; was just "i'll always love you."
news reports claimed medley, no big deal
Haniiwa
Whitney was the greatest. No one has come close to her and no one ever will.
Can I get an amen?

Personally, I think Freddie Mercury is better.

Kurohanji's Princess

Sparkly Sex Symbol

15,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
i'm still waiting for the moment she pops out of a closet together with mj and they scream jokee

i can't believe the world lost another 1 of the greatest artists crying

you shall be missed dearest Whitney Houston..... you will remain forever in our hearts.. and i hope you will find the peace and love you never found on earth...

and to Bobbi Kristina..... Im verry sorry for you're loss.... be strong and be brave for a part of you're mother is in you... and even though she had it hard she kept fighting and so can you...

♥ R.I.P. ♥
09-08-1963 → 11-02-2012

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I don't know if you can or cannot post YouTube videos on here? I have something funny relating to a girl trying to sing a Whitney Houston song that I would like to post. Let me know if it is allowed. I don't want to get in trouble.

Thanks.

6,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items