Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Exhibitionist

10,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Impact the Grammy in any way? I mean, she was very instrumental in the 90s with I Will Always Love You, had countless albums rank number one on the charts, as well as the MOST decorated female artist in the history of ever. I mean, the death of Michael Jackson was huge and I think the Grammys did something for him.

Benevolent Spirit

14,800 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Hero 100
  • Invisibility 100
i think they will. her music has had such inspiration and drive for other artists.

how can you not honor her? sure.. her life hit some rough spots, but so what.. does that in any way negate her contributions to hte music industry?

IRL Exhibitionist

10,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Graceangel
i think they will. her music has had such inspiration and drive for other artists.

how can you not honor her? sure.. her life hit some rough spots, but so what.. does that in any way negate her contributions to hte music industry?

I will be sorely pissed if she gets jack s**t. I loved her more than any pop diva of her time.

Benevolent Spirit

14,800 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Hero 100
  • Invisibility 100
Well... I grew up during the 80's and 90's.. and her music was there throughout my life.

Toothsome Treasure

I hope they will, but I don't know what they can do in less than 24 hours. It's probably not going to be some super amazing fireworks display, but I think a lot of people will at least give a short speech.

Jeering Codger

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Lunatic

I know they'll honor her memory, think of how many of those other artists knew her, were inspired by her, and otherwise affected by her music.

4,800 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
The Enforcer666
Impact the Grammy in any way? I mean, she was very instrumental in the 90s with I Will Always Love You, had countless albums rank number one on the charts, as well as the MOST decorated female artist in the history of ever. I mean, the death of Michael Jackson was huge and I think the Grammys did something for him.
they may saay things like, ""we will miss you" but in a better way and much bigger

Fashionable Spirit

12,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Increased views, I think. I know they're having Jennifer Hudson honor her at he Grammys tonight.

Cheery Raider

13,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
November Days
Increased views, I think. I know they're having Jennifer Hudson honor her at he Grammys tonight.

Yeah, I agree viewership will go up tonight because people will be curious to what the Grammy's will do honor her.
Absolutely. Whe I first heard about it yesterday, I couldn't believe it. Pretty much the reaction I had when Michael Jackson died. They both had their insane marriages and wacky moments, but they were both hugely influential and talented artists.

RIP Whitney Houston. <3
I think the tribute is a good idea. Although they should possibly have gotten someone more iconic than Jennifer Hudson to do it.

IRL Exhibitionist

10,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Tassima
I think the tribute is a good idea. Although they should possibly have gotten someone more iconic than Jennifer Hudson to do it.

Like who? None of these now singers are good enough or would bring her justice. And truth be told, I don't even know who Jennifer Hudson is.
The Enforcer666
Tassima

Like who? None of these now singers are good enough or would bring her justice. And truth be told, I don't even know who Jennifer Hudson is.

Aretha Franklin

IRL Exhibitionist

10,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Tassima
The Enforcer666
Tassima

Aretha Franklin

HA! I WAS THINKING HER TOO xd
******** it. you're getting tipped for that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff