Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Bookworm

Mizz Frappuccino
Do you know why we think we will win?? Cause we are AMERICA! We are awesome compared to other countries. We are the Land of the Free. We can do things other places can't because of culture and religion! We can do so much, that other countries can't do! 3nodding 3nodding
Lol, says a person who probably never traveled anywhere else other than the boundaries of your own country. PREJUDICE.

I think you need to travel to other countries, because as far as your "best country in the world" thing goes, it's dirt compared to Sweden, Germany, hell! Even ********' UAE.

Don't get me wrong, you can be proud of your country. But, thinking of your country as superior to others based on a preconception, is just as stupid as judging a person through stereotypes..

Kaze Drimn's Prince

Lavish Businessman

Digitally Enhanced Gasm
Procurements
the wilhelm scream
serious question.

seriously they scored twice big deal.
us sucks, let's be real now. ghana was better than them and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. regardless of the score, ghana was the better team.in terms of ball possession, attack, and general game play. the us only won due to luck. they are a horrible group of players. i have never seen a group of 11 men tear hamstrings, pull muscles, pretend to be hurt and take up match time, and do absolutely nothing after a first goal and simply rely on offense. the only reason ghana did not win was because the only good player on the us team is their goal keeper. plain and simple. i hate how just because they won due to LUCK, some americans that know nothing about football and only watch it when their country somehow makes it to qualifying stages act like they are the greatest and the entire group teams should fear them. LOL.

what the ********? the us are horrible players, you're in terrible form and only win out of luck. i have read articles and blogs by uninformed americans claiming that they will win. in order to do that they need to beat portugal (which won't happen probably 1-1) and will need to win their germany game which will never ever happen. when the ******** is germany going to systematically end them? i won't even rely on portugal to kick them out because ronaldo is a selfish injured player, nobody on portugal will score a goal on their own accord and constantly need to feed the ball to precious ronaldo, two of their valued players are now injured, and pepe is a moron that lacks self-control and will most likely be sent home along with his team mates so essentially his last game was on Monday.

Discuss
Does it annoy you that the u.s thinks they have anything on Germany, or Portugal, and yes, Ghana?
Dumb Americans that don't know anything about football

Serious question. What group is Canada in?

Oh no, not the big tough sahkker hater.

OP's home country is a joke at the sport and she has the nerve to talk s**t. Also, you have a better form of "football" in your country, just like we do. Why not follow that instead?

Ruthless Kitten

9,600 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
So. Past all the BS ranting in your post, what I'm seeing is that you're trying to hide your fear and dislike that the US might actually make it out of the group by spewing hate for no reason but to feel better about yourself.

It doesn't matter how, the US team beat Ghana. They won. In that game, we WERE the better team over Ghana. If we weren't, we would have lost. Suck it up and move on.

And do they have a chance against Portugal? Yes. Because until the clock is up every team has a chance to win the game because you don't know how the players are feeling that day, how they'll play, how the weather is going to affect everyone, and yes sometimes people and teams do get lucky. But until that clock is up on the game, everyone has a shot.

Do I believe we have a shot in hell against Germany? No. Because while I root for my team, and I will during that game, I have no blinders on with the fact that Germany is a power house and it would take a miracle for us to even draw against them.

But as far as Portugal? I think yeah, we do have a shot.

Newbie Traveler

the wilhelm scream
void ab initio
I actually think they have a chance to get past the group stage. Not win, definitely not that.

if the US at least drew with Portugal, their chance will increase (good luck doing that though. I have a feeling Portugal will unleash the kraken next game). I am expecting Portugal to win against Ghana so the US and Portugal will both have 4 points each. This is where goal difference will enter. The US will only have to then ensure that their scoreline in the Germany game won't be as bad as the 4-0 that Portugal got from Germany. The US will be playing Germany last in this group. By that time, Germany would probably be through to the next round already so they can already rest players. So technically, the US have a chance to get out of the group of death.

LMAO you really think they will win against Ghana.... Wow okay....

Based on paper, Portugal will lose. Ghana is very strong.

Shows what u know.

Wow, okay. You must be so all knowing. Pardon me if my ignorance offended you. You could've pointed that out without that condescending tone in your post. Do you have to be rude to everyone who disagrees with what you think? My post was based on prediction, I am not claiming it is what is going to happen. Unlike you, I know that what is good on paper isn't the same as what happens in the pitch. I've seen Greece win the 2004 Euro with virtually 0% chance. Even lower than USA's chance now.

Anything can happen to Group G but based on what I saw, I stand by my prediction that US have a big chance to advance and that Portugal will beat Ghana. It is Portugal's last game. They always deliver when they are on the brink of elimination (like against Sweden on their WC Qualification) or when they don't have the pressure of qualifying anymore (7-0 against North Korea last WC). Every tournament, everyone always consider Portugal as an average squad with only Ronaldo as its star but they always do well, not great, but they do give a fight.

Ghana is good and strong on paper, to that, I will agree to you. But like what we saw on their game versus USA, they clearly lack edge on the final third. They only had 3 shot on target in the entire 90 mins. :rolleyes: their players are pacy and talented but they lack organization and they were very wasteful. They know they can't score 40 yards from goal yet they do it over and over again despite missing many chances already. Portugal have decent defenders. Granted Pepe and Coentrao are unavailable but after a 4-0 lost to Germany, I expect their backline to be at least as good and organized as USA. The problems for both teams would be finishing. Whoever outscores the other will win. I believe Ronaldo (dislike him to bits) will put on his scoring boots this time.

Super Canine

many people living in america DO indeed love soccer
except lets be real, no one here is discouraging their love for soccer, op just questioned why they think they'll win

and all i said was that i see too many people here criticizing the game for all the fake fouls before even watching a world cup match emo few americans watch soccer compared to other sports they watch, so i found it hard to believe why some sites show us as the #1 supporters of the world cup but if it makes you happy to see everyone else happy i shall try to be happy

interesting though ….. let us all cheer for the team we wish to win!!!!1111 pirate
sorry i enjoy being so negative lol
Bunai

If you had just said that the only way to respond to people showing enthusiasm for a sport is to treat it with negativity and doubt, then I wouldn't have replied to either you or the opening poster.

I gave no sarcasm in my posting. There was no smugness or attempts to prove you wrong. I just wanted to show that there are Americans who show interest in soccer yet time and again they are told the opposite with such contempt that it makes me sick.

I just don't understand the reason why people are so ugly towards North Americans actually watching or loving Soccer.

People call this sport "The World's Game", yet are quick to show how selective they are towards who can participate.

I won't be commenting here anymore. I grow tired of these types of topics.

Super Canine

master lestat vampire

I agree with the person here. I weary of all of the same nonsense of some of the people on here. Just repeating the same s**t over and over as if they could change other people's mind by talking the same s**t all day through! Babbling about and ranting like childish nimrods and telling others how great their countries are and then how shitty are the others. Have many of the nimrods on here have even been to High School? Maybe a good education is what you people are lacking in each of your alleged superior countries. Now grow up and get a grip will you! Jesus Christ!

razz lol why are you calling everyone's posts nonsense you haven't even read half of them before you start assuming…. you too must be one of those "Americans" and "superior countrymen" you described

Dapper Codger

Procurements
Digitally Enhanced Gasm
Procurements
the wilhelm scream
serious question.

seriously they scored twice big deal.
us sucks, let's be real now. ghana was better than them and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. regardless of the score, ghana was the better team.in terms of ball possession, attack, and general game play. the us only won due to luck. they are a horrible group of players. i have never seen a group of 11 men tear hamstrings, pull muscles, pretend to be hurt and take up match time, and do absolutely nothing after a first goal and simply rely on offense. the only reason ghana did not win was because the only good player on the us team is their goal keeper. plain and simple. i hate how just because they won due to LUCK, some americans that know nothing about football and only watch it when their country somehow makes it to qualifying stages act like they are the greatest and the entire group teams should fear them. LOL.

what the ********? the us are horrible players, you're in terrible form and only win out of luck. i have read articles and blogs by uninformed americans claiming that they will win. in order to do that they need to beat portugal (which won't happen probably 1-1) and will need to win their germany game which will never ever happen. when the ******** is germany going to systematically end them? i won't even rely on portugal to kick them out because ronaldo is a selfish injured player, nobody on portugal will score a goal on their own accord and constantly need to feed the ball to precious ronaldo, two of their valued players are now injured, and pepe is a moron that lacks self-control and will most likely be sent home along with his team mates so essentially his last game was on Monday.

Discuss
Does it annoy you that the u.s thinks they have anything on Germany, or Portugal, and yes, Ghana?
Dumb Americans that don't know anything about football

Serious question. What group is Canada in?

Oh no, not the big tough sahkker hater.

OP's home country is a joke at the sport and she has the nerve to talk s**t. Also, you have a better form of "football" in your country, just like we do. Why not follow that instead?

If you think so poorly of us, why are you here talking about us?
You give more attention to us than what I give your crappy redneck game.
Also rugby and AFL is for idiots, there is nothing better than football.
Because for some reason we think we're God tier at everything when on the whole we're really just average at best in general.

Enduring Sex Symbol

8,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
IF USA Wins you will feel shitty and I want an apology.

Dapper Codger

NerdWithAGun
Mizz Frappuccino
Do you know why we think we will win?? Cause we are AMERICA! We are awesome compared to other countries. We are the Land of the Free. We can do things other places can't because of culture and religion! We can do so much, that other countries can't do! 3nodding 3nodding
Lol, says a person who probably never traveled anywhere else other than the boundaries of your own country. PREJUDICE.

I think you need to travel to other countries, because as far as your "best country in the world" thing goes, it's dirt compared to Sweden, Germany, hell! Even ********' UAE.

Don't get me wrong, you can be proud of your country. But, thinking of your country as superior to others based on a preconception, is just as stupid as judging a person through stereotypes..

Falling for the obvious troll.

Cute Bookworm

Digitally Enhanced Gasm
NerdWithAGun
Mizz Frappuccino

Falling for the obvious troll.
Lol, okay.

Sugary Cat

It doesnt annoy me . I think it's kinda funny.

They know nothing about soccer. I am pretty sure soccer is bigger here than it is in the states.

Ruthless Rabbit

They must not suck that bad if they won...come on, seriously? Call it luck, skill, whatever you want, the end result is the same - 2 to 1 for the US.

They aren't horrible players. Obviously, they're good enough to play and represent their country. While that doesn't make them better than other players like Gotze or Mueller/Muller, it certainly doesn't make them awful players.

Hell yeah, I think we have a chance against Portugal. Did you see them play? Granted, it was against the powerhouse that is Germany, but still. They were awful. Ronaldo, their best player by far, has a knee injury. Pepe, the hotheaded a*****e that he is, was probably their best defensive player, and he's out too. However, I don't know the Portugal lineup very well, so I'm not going to stick to my guns about their players...

During the match versus Ghana, the US was sloppy. They played a 9-man defense, and only pushed the offensive line when Ghana scored. Minutes later, with the offensive push, Brooks had his goal. What it seems like to me is that Klinsmann realizes how dangerous this bracket is, and is urging the players to score quickly, and then stay on the defensive side to push out a win. I don't know that it's the smartest strategy, but it apparently worked out once. Who's to say it won't work against Portugal?

I'm also not saying they're going to beat Germany. I mean...come on, I'm not an idiot. I honestly believe this is Germany's year.

Don't s**t on other people's happiness. Let them think what they want, however misguided it may be.

Dangerous Lunatic

They're rooting for their home team- I don't see why you have to take that ant turn it into another "arrogant Americans" rant. I'm not really sure what country you're from, but I get the impression that you don't really understand the size and scope of the United States. It's a huge country- it's nearly the size of all of Europe combined. That's significant because it leads to many separate cultures and ways of life within itself. Some Americans are the exact stereotypes that the rest of the world assigns. Some are Xenophobic, with no concept of life outside of their bubble. And many are not this way. Believe it or not, there are lots of American people who love football, and many athletes who spend their lives training for it. Likely, there are enough football fans in the US to fill any given European country.

You can't look at one pocket of a country that large and assume they speak for everyone. There are just too many cultures there, and too many people.

Mage

15,350 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
at least they are better than England though that isn't hard at all.

Ur-a-gay ******** them in the a**.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces