Welcome to Gaia! ::

Constantly hear them talking about 1 day less sleep....
its sounds like they're setting up an excuse just in case they lose...

Timid Protector

21,365 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Battle: Defender 100
Yeah, that's just what they do.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
commentators of the losing team tend to do that...

I wonder what the Portuguese commentator said during the 0-4 match against Germany

Angelic Blob

It was the English commentator that stated German got an extra hours of rest and the American commentator responded in turn. So what is the issue now? An excuse to bash, but only out of context?

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Those extra hours are kind of a big deal...It's not like they got a week off and Germany got half a day more. It was only four days ago, and the US were playing in a much less hospitable climate than where the Germany-Ghana game was played. But still, they weren't making excuses...they were questioning if that was playing a factor into the US's performance. It's not like they were saying "well, the US got less time to prepare, so they would have won otherwise." But the US were much sloppier with the ball than they usually are, even against a much better German team.
Bunai
It was the English commentator that stated German got an extra hours of rest and the American commentator responded in turn. So what is the issue now? An excuse to bash, but only out of context?

In full... Wawa's mainly eferring to the pre show guys...
like Ballack said when they brought it up for like the twenty time "deal with it and move on, adapt to the situation"
think about it for example Germany is an extremely cloudy country year round... and playing in hot humid south american weather is a harsh environment to adjust for them but haven't brought it up once...

Note Wawa's said it *seems* like and excuse rather than it actually is one...
Rumblestiltskin
Those extra hours are kind of a big deal...It's not like they got a week off and Germany got half a day more. It was only four days ago, and the US were playing in a much less hospitable climate than where the Germany-Ghana game was played. But still, they weren't making excuses...they were questioning if that was playing a factor into the US's performance. It's not like they were saying "well, the US got less time to prepare, so they would have won otherwise." But the US were much sloppier with the ball than they usually are, even against a much better German team.

Germany dominated that game aganist US... they had absolute control over the entire game....
in fact they said the Germans where playing damage control... which refers to purposely not trying to embarrass a team by blowing them out with goals...
if you rewatch the game you'll notice the germans seem to be happy with the first goal and from then on stopped pressing the US and settled down making far less attempts.

That could be cause the extra day of rest but most likely its cause the germans where just down right better... The US as a whole is out of league to this german squad and thats why they looked sloppy.

Celebrating Prophet

Ven Loraine Jr

I wonder what the Portuguese commentator said during the 0-4 match against Germany

Ha, this happens in all the countries. I got to see South american commentators saying dumb comments like an Argentinian newsman i saw saying: " Messi ha tenido mejores dias y ha metido muchisimos mas goles en el Barcelona. Creo que debe ser la fatiga por los ultimos jeugos " Meaning: " Messi is not doing quite well and in the past he had done better scores for the Barcelona. I think that he is just a little too stressed due to the past games ".
Later as soon as he made his most wonderful score at the last minutes, they went on to say: " We always knew that Messi was going to score because Messi is the best! " Messi es el mejor! This is all very ludic to me. rolleyes

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Wawa Pfalz
Rumblestiltskin

Germany dominated that game aganist US... they had absolute control over the entire game....
in fact they said the Germans where playing damage control... which refers to purposely not trying to embarrass a team by blowing them out with goals...
if you rewatch the game you'll notice the germans seem to be happy with the first goal and from then on stopped pressing the US and settled down making far less attempts.

That could be cause the extra day of rest but most likely its cause the germans where just down right better... The US as a whole is out of league to this german squad and thats why they looked sloppy.

I'm not disagreeing that the Germans are a better team...in fact, I even said that in my post. However, the US is a better team than what they showed yesterday, and that lack of performance when they actually had the ball might have been due to fatigue from playing in Manaus just four days prior. Again, no one's saying "well, the US could have won." They were just talking about how sloppy they looked which could have been due to fatigue. It wasn't an excuse for losing the game. It was a comment on the possible explanation for their poor performance...which, even keeping the score 1-0 against Germany is an achievement...and let's not act like Germany wasn't trying to go for more goals. They didn't stop attacking...even after the first goal, they kept on pressing. It wasn't until very late in the game that they let up (like, the 90th minute), which is a soccer strategy that every team would use when protecting a lead, especially against a US team that does have a tendency to score late goals. They switched to defense when the game was already won...not the 56' mark.

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Ven Loraine Jr

Better yet, what did the Spanish commentator say during Spain 1 - 5 Netherlands?

In any case, it's not about excusing anyone, it's about pointing out possible reasons for a poorer performance than was expected.
one extra day of rest is a big deal in a short competition like the WC
True Manticore
Ven Loraine Jr

Better yet, what did the Spanish commentator say during Spain 1 - 5 Netherlands?

Ruthless Bloodsucker

Rumblestiltskin
Wawa Pfalz
Rumblestiltskin

I'm not disagreeing that the Germans are a better team...in fact, I even said that in my post. However, the US is a better team than what they showed yesterday, and that lack of performance when they actually had the ball might have been due to fatigue from playing in Manaus just four days prior. Again, no one's saying "well, the US could have won." They were just talking about how sloppy they looked which could have been due to fatigue. It wasn't an excuse for losing the game. It was a comment on the possible explanation for their poor performance...which, even keeping the score 1-0 against Germany is an achievement...and let's not act like Germany wasn't trying to go for more goals. They didn't stop attacking...even after the first goal, they kept on pressing. It wasn't until very late in the game that they let up (like, the 90th minute), which is a soccer strategy that every team would use when protecting a lead, especially against a US team that does have a tendency to score late goals. They switched to defense when the game was already won...not the 56' mark.

Thank you!!! Someone here clearly saw the game and is being very objective too. Klose was clearly trying hard to make a ball into Howard's net. Muller also didn't mind trying to repeat his feat. Only some dumb people writing nonesense across the forums can say that the Americans were bought! This person here is right the fatigue and the rain played their part too. Some people on here clearly enjoy taking thigs out of context.
master lestat vampire
Rumblestiltskin
Wawa Pfalz
Rumblestiltskin

Thank you!!! Someone here clearly saw the game and is being very objective too. Klose was clearly trying hard to make a ball into Howard's net. Muller also didn't mind trying to repeat his feat. Only some dumb people writing nonesense across the forums can say that the Americans were bought! This person here is right the fatigue and the rain played their part too. Some people on here clearly enjoy taking thigs out of context.

Of course Klose was trying to soccer he wanted to set his record apart plus it his last fifa....
of course they where trying to still soccer, they wanted to win...

Klinsmen accused fifa of showing favoritism to Germany because of they're schedule which is total bs as it is directly determined by the draw of the groups.... not to mention the germans are well organized and had their own personal facilities built in brazil... they came well prepared for this... but that is the US teams own fault as they could have done alot more to make they're trips a little more at ease.

Last cup US had the best and shortest travel but it didn't help them at all having more time for rest over other teams...

No one is saying fatigue isnt real here.... just that when you complain about it non stop, over and over and accuse fifa of purposely trying to screw teams over...

Besides concacaf cup travel schedule isnt to different from this world cup for the US... its something they should be use to, then you can even add the european champions league where the teams are bouncing all over europe.... excessive travel is somethings lots of people are use to...

The US didn't prepare for theses accommodations which is kinda they're own fault, as Klinsmann said the germans made sure every thing was perfect and set up before they came...

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Kamen Rider Black
True Manticore
Ven Loraine Jr

Lol thanks! xD
From my limited Spanish it sounded they weren't making excuses, just commenting on Casillas' poor performance. That guy in the end though, he said something like "el resultado es un poco impostor, son detalles que nos han escapado" so I think he meant the result belies the way Spain played?
Anyway that was fun, though I feel sorry for Spain.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff