Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Codger

Why can't people support their own country? It's mainly Americans who do this but a few Australians, Canadians and New Zealanders do it too.
Yanks, why is it too hard to support your own team? You can say they don't win all you want but without your support they'll never win.
I support Australia, I know we're not that good, but I do it out of pride for my country, realistically I could support Northern Ireland or England but I was born here, I feel a much stronger alliegance with Australia even though we don't produce top players and getting in to the knockout round feels like winning a world cup for us, I still support them.
The American way of thinking seems to be to only support the winners.
Well I'm here to tell you that it doesn't look cool the fact that you live in America and have no intention of living anywhere else but you can't support America, trust me, us cool foreign football people will respect you much more if you support America rather than a big Euro team.
By all means, watch their leagues, admire their talents but ask yourself, do you have any real reason to support Germany or Spain? Any real ties to those countries? Were you or your parents born there? Do you have any real aspirations to live in those countries? If you answered yes to any of those questions then support away.
But if you answered no then I have another question to ask.

Why they hell can't you support your own damn team you culture stealing hipster?

Regular

cause some people appreciate good football and are willing to support a team that plays good football

Dapper Codger

USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS
cause some people appreciate good football and are willing to support a team that plays good football

If you actually read my post you'd notice I said it was ok to admire other teams.
But why not support?
It looks a bit petulant, rather than drive your own ford car you'd prefer to watch your neighbours drive their ferrari.

You're going to have to explain your position a bit more there Mr Hipster.

Regular

Digitally Enhanced Gasm
USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS

If you actually read my post you'd notice I said it was ok to admire other teams.
But why not support?
It looks a bit petulant, rather than drive your own ford car you'd prefer to watch your neighbours drive their ferrari.

hows calling me a hipster going to help you make a point? and youre not driving anything unless youre on the field playing, why not support if you admire? if i like the way spain plays why not root for them when they play? if i like germanys game why not support them?

Dapper Codger

USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS
Digitally Enhanced Gasm
USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS

But why not support?

hows calling me a hipster going to help you make a point? and youre not driving anything unless youre on the field playing, why not support if you admire? if i like the way spain plays why not root for them when they play? if i like germanys game why not support them?

But you are appropriating other people's culture, that's what hipsters are, so you support Spain and Germany's football teams and idolize Sid Vicious, well that's a few things you've appropriated from other countries.
Text book hipster, you crying at the term doesn't change it.

You don't look cool becuase you can rattle off a list of players while ignoring your own home country, you just look insincere, again, textbook hipster.

Regular

Digitally Enhanced Gasm
USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS
Digitally Enhanced Gasm
USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS

But why not support?

But you are appropriating other people's culture, that's what hipsters are, so you support Spain and Germany's football teams and idolize Sid Vicious, well that's a few things you've appropriated from other countries.

You don't look cool becuase you can rattle off a list of players while ignoring your own home country, you just look insincere, again, textbook hipster.

calling people hipsters cause they dont agree with you haha dude how old are you? 12? anyway you clearly dont even know how to prove your point, and unless youre from north america, i suggest you stop using gaia online, since, you know? its an american site, and you dont wanna add that to the list of things youve appropriated from other countries, right?

look up globalization, it will expand your knowledge, cya

Dapper Codger

USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS
Digitally Enhanced Gasm
USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS
Digitally Enhanced Gasm
USERNAME ALREADY EXISTS

But why not support?

calling people hipsters cause they dont agree with you haha dude how old are you? 12? anyway you clearly dont even know how to prove your point, and unless youre from north america, i suggest you stop using gaia online, since, you know? its an american site, and you dont wanna add that to the list of things youve appropriated from other countries, right?

look up globalization, it will expand your knowledge, cya

It's clear you don't want to listen you just want to cry about me pointing out the truth, you've stolen from other cultures, that is what a hipster is, you're no better to those idiotic white girls who show up to music festivals in Indian Headdresses.
Also, LOL at the false dichotomy.

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I support USA.

I

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I BELIEVE THAT

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I BELIEVE THAT WE

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Tim Howard going to block every single one of Cristiano Ronaldo's shots.

Dapper Codger

Hitachin
I support USA.

I

*High five*
Tell this fool how good Team America is.

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Digitally Enhanced Gasm

*High five*
Tell this fool how good Team America is.

We got one of the top 5 goalies in the world, a new coaching staff, and a top 100 forward. That's really about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff