Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gabby_Dabomb
Quote:
soccer is not more better than basketball
Quote:
I hate soccer. It should not even qualify as a sport. Is tap dancing a sport? I rest my case. Basketball is awesome. Baseball is okay. Football is cool. Hokey is awesome. But lacrosse is the best sport by far. It's like football with weapons.

Read those please. If you are going to say anything bad about something at least use proper grammar. Otherwise, people will think you are a 11 year old who can't write proper sentences and what is hokey....seriously? stare
Quote:
Thts the most stupid thing ever comparing soccer with basketball!!! Soccer is the national sport in almost every country, except here in the U.S.A. You guys don't give ******** up opinoins on tht, bc soccer originated wayyyyy before basketball! So for those noobs and haters... STFU! Soccer is more tough and better then any sport! In soccer you hav to strategize, My brother plays for Cisco, and I'm goin for Sereno! I would knoe!!! TeeHee...

Soccer has been a sport longer than any other sport the only reason the U.S. aren't so interested in it is because there are other sports in the U.S. that other countries don't do like basketball (which can't at all be compared to soccer). There are so many sports in the U.S. that people don't even care to watch a game because they think its just pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, but it takes skill and effort to even angle the ball directly into the blind spot of the goalie and its hard for the goalie too because they have to be able to risk hurting themselves by jumping or sliding possible into the metal pole or another player stepping on them. It's way more complicated than you might have thought. wink

Oh excuse me for not using correct grammar punctuation and spelling. Who are you, my mom? My teacher?...Anyway...Basketball is okay. I'm more into contact sports though. Like lacrosse. Do your research!!! Lacrosse originated in the Americas way before Christopher Columbus and every other settler came over here. It was played by nearly all of the tribes here. I believe it was the Iroquois tribe who first named it. It was called Baggataway or something like that. It had goals several hundred yards or sometimes several miles apart. Most times there were no boundaries. On each team there could have been several thousands of players. They fought to get the ball, made of deerskin usually, through the small goals. After the game over half of the team may have died or have been severely injured. This game was nicknamed the little brother of war. Thousands of years and rules later we have lacrosse. One of the oldest, but not the oldest, sports that exist. Soccer is, historically, one of the more modern sports we still play today. Soccer is just not intense enough for most. Think of lacrosse as a riot thrown with metal alloy poles around a hard rubber ball. That takes some pain tolerance, especially for the goalie, who has the hard rubber ball thrown at him/her at speeds close to or over 100 miles per hour. I would know being that I am freshman varsity goalie for my high school. The most pain a soccer player may endure is the constant stress on his cardiovascular system when he or she is running up and down the field. mrgreen
      Actually (and I'm just popping in to give this little tidbit of knowledge), the "earliest form of the game (soccer) for which there is scientific evidence was an exercise from a military manual dating back to the second and third centuries BC in China" (FIFA).

Source: FIFA.com - History of Football

Versatile Businessman

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
CutMyLifeIntoPiecesFML
Arsenal Football Club
CutMyLifeIntoPiecesFML
I hate soccer. It should not even qualify as a sport. Is tap dancing a sport? I rest my case. Basketball is awesome. Baseball is okay. Football is cool. Hokey is awesome. But lacrosse is the best sport by far. It's like football with weapons.

I laugh at your judgement about soccer. And that dumb comparision.

That is a typical judgement of a person who likes American football and not football.

I'm gonna make this short: Play a sport that actually involves physical contact and pain. I actually respect that one can do that much running back and forth down a field, which is basically what you soccer players do. I couldn't do that. Which is why I am a goalie for lacrosse. I'm telling you, it is much more fun to beat the crap out of the opposing team with metal rods rather then run back and forth kicking a ball. twisted It really does look like over-exaggerated tap dancing with a ball.

So therefore it isn't a sport? Damn you.

Timid Abductee

19,225 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Quote:

Quote:
Hokey is awesome.

DO THE HOKEY POKEY AND TURN YOURSELF AROUND~
THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL A-BOUT! rolleyes

It's hockey, for starts.

Just because a sport lacks contact doesn't mean it sucks. And Basketball is a completely different sport then soccer, there really isn't any comparison, just a preference.
Now, imo, I personally think basketball sucks. Soccer is where it is at.

[Canadian bias] But Hockey trumps them all. [/Canadian bias]

Profitable Lover

7,500 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Alteiriaa
Quote:

Quote:
Hokey is awesome.

DO THE HOKEY POKEY AND TURN YOURSELF AROUND~
THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL A-BOUT! rolleyes

It's hockey, for starts.

Just because a sport lacks contact doesn't mean it sucks. And Basketball is a completely different sport then soccer, there really isn't any comparison, just a preference.
Now, imo, I personally think basketball sucks. Soccer is where it is at.

[Canadian bias] But Hockey trumps them all. [/Canadian bias]

Tell it to him straight!

Versatile Businessman

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
CutMyLifeIntoPiecesFML

Actually I do watch soccer. Indoor soccer. In my opinion indoor soccer and outdoor soccer are to completely different things. Indoor soccer is actually entertaining, and is actually fun to play. I would know. I played for five years before discovering lacrosse. Outdoor soccer is boring. END OF ARGUMENT!

Haha, oh really? The only difference is that it's indoors.

Wait, can you really beat up someone when you are a goalie for lacrosse, do you?

And just because you can't run does not mean football isn't a sport... got that?

And no, a sport does not require physical contact or pain. Which actually, sometimes football do have.

The definition of a sport is an organized and competitive physical activty. It also requires skillful attributes and fair play.

Umm, does figure skating has physical contact? No, but it is still considered a sport.
Arsenal Football Club
CutMyLifeIntoPiecesFML

Actually I do watch soccer. Indoor soccer. In my opinion indoor soccer and outdoor soccer are to completely different things. Indoor soccer is actually entertaining, and is actually fun to play. I would know. I played for five years before discovering lacrosse. Outdoor soccer is boring. END OF ARGUMENT!

Wait, can you really beat up someone when you are a goalie for lacrosse, do you?

And just because you can't run does not mean football isn't a sport... got that?

And no, a sport does not require physical contact or pain. Which actually, sometimes football do have.

The definition of a sport is an organized and competitive physical activty. It also requires skillful attributes and fair play.

Umm, does figure skating has physical contact? No, but it is still considered a sport.

Ha ha, no. Indoor soccer has much more movement and the score gets above the norm outdoor score of 1 to 0.

And yes if someone is waiting on the crease on the goal for a pass, when they recieve the pas I can Shoulder or chest check them causing them to fly backwards. I ctually injured someone from our team in a practice doing that this year. Fracture wrist, cracked rib, missed every game from then on. :/

Look it's a sport. It's a dumb sport. But its a sport.

So you are telling me Nascar is a sport? You have got to be kidding me. Its competitive and organized, but its a car race. Really?

And figure skating is just another dumb non entertaining sport.

By the way, are u from the UK? I'm not blaming this on you, but the lacrosse championships are in England this year and England is not letting The Iroquois Nation team play because they won't accept their Native American passports. I find it funny, how the people who invented the sport are not being allowed to play. I'm asking in a friendly way, if you do hear any updates about this controversy, let me know please.

Tipsy Loiterer

Basketball is like an American thing. Ew.
Soccer rocks as it's an internationally played sport enjoyed by the majority.

5,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Teh angel Nisha
Basketball is like an American thing. Ew.
Soccer rocks as it's an internationally played sport enjoyed by the majority.

Agreed. And I'm from America. stare 3nodding

Americans usually do just have a superior attitude to other nations in this world. And when it comes to football/soccer, we're not so great.

5,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Arsenal Football Club
CutMyLifeIntoPiecesFML
Arsenal Football Club
CutMyLifeIntoPiecesFML

That is a typical judgement of a person who likes American football and not football.

I'm gonna make this short: Play a sport that actually involves physical contact and pain. I actually respect that one can do that much running back and forth down a field, which is basically what you soccer players do. I couldn't do that. Which is why I am a goalie for lacrosse. I'm telling you, it is much more fun to beat the crap out of the opposing team with metal rods rather then run back and forth kicking a ball. twisted It really does look like over-exaggerated tap dancing with a ball.

Wait, so you don't think soccer players have physical contact or get hurt??

OPEN YOUR EYES and watch just one game and you'll see a number of people getting hurt. At least soccer players aren't being you-know-whats by just staying on the ground, crying out in pain and trying to get attention, once they've been kicked, or stepped on or something.

They actually suck up the pain and move on with the game.

And just cause YOU play lacrosse, doesn't make it the best sport... stare

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
SOCCER RULES B-BALL DRULES! lol i love soccer! Ikno why the guy who wrote the topic likes b-ball because he likes touching balls! lol
OMG MY FRIEND SAYS UR AN A-HOLE Xd AND YOU SUCK

i say:
YOUR WRONG SOCCERS AWESOME biggrin
soccer is better and i wouldnt agree basketball is the sport that loses you stamina. in soccer you have to go back and forth non-stop to get that ball. and in basketball you can eventually just throw really high and make a easy point....so yeah....soccer more to offer than basketball.i mean thats my statement i dont care what other people think about this becuase this is what i think and what other people think the same too.

Versatile Businessman

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
CutMyLifeIntoPiecesFML
Arsenal Football Club
CutMyLifeIntoPiecesFML

Ha ha, no. Indoor soccer has much more movement and the score gets above the norm outdoor score of 1 to 0.

And yes if someone is waiting on the crease on the goal for a pass, when they recieve the pas I can Shoulder or chest check them causing them to fly backwards. I ctually injured someone from our team in a practice doing that this year. Fracture wrist, cracked rib, missed every game from then on. :/

Look it's a sport. It's a dumb sport. But its a sport.

So you are telling me Nascar is a sport? You have got to be kidding me. Its competitive and organized, but its a car race. Really?

And figure skating is just another dumb non entertaining sport.

By the way, are u from the UK? I'm not blaming this on you, but the lacrosse championships are in England this year and England is not letting The Iroquois Nation team play because they won't accept their Native American passports. I find it funny, how the people who invented the sport are not being allowed to play. I'm asking in a friendly way, if you do hear any updates about this controversy, let me know please.

Umm no? And I also said a sport had to be skillful. Nascar however is an "auto racing sport event". AUTO RACING. EVENT.

And now you are really pissing me off. Do you really watch soccer? Or football? If you do, you would know that outdoor football does not always score 1-0. And I am not going to even say Lacrosse is a dumb sport. Because I don't want to insult you.

Versatile Businessman

1,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
reinaliene
Arsenal Football Club
CutMyLifeIntoPiecesFML
Arsenal Football Club
CutMyLifeIntoPiecesFML

Wait, so you don't think soccer players have physical contact or get hurt??

OPEN YOUR EYES and watch just one game and you'll see a number of people getting hurt. At least soccer players aren't being you-know-whats by just staying on the ground, crying out in pain and trying to get attention, once they've been kicked, or stepped on or something.

They actually suck up the pain and move on with the game.

And just cause YOU play lacrosse, doesn't make it the best sport... stare

Yeah, I am just telling this guy you do get severly hurt in soccer / football and my friend even posted a video of the worst injuries in the sport. I don't play lacrosse. I don't watch lacrosse. And I don't like lacrosse. But I am not calling it a dumb sport. He however is calling sports he dislikes dumb and not a sport. And he was the one who plays lacrosse, not me.

And my comment was regarding his comment about soccer / football, not lacrosse. stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff