Why should I be? Everyone dives. 0.55555555555556 55.6% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
1 2 >

Wealthy Capitalist

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
Every player dives and sometimes the results of a botched call determine the game. So what? If it had been the other way around and Mexico scored off a botched call, no one would even care. I think Mexico is just butt hurt because they thought their (smug and arrogant) goalie was the greatest thing ever.

All the teams that build themselves around one player (with the exception of Brazil [don't get me started on Neymar] and Argentina [they've just gotten super lucky]) are out. I think you should just sit down and watch the rest of the cup in silence.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Likewise. They started off the World Cup with a monstrous victory against Spain and even though some of the matches the Dutchies played were mediocre, their last match was a feast to the eye, even if the ball didn't land in the goal except during the penalty shootout. Most of the hate came from that swalbe of Robben in the match against Mexico which was the key to their (possibly undeserved) victory and that is why people hope for our defeat in the semi-finals at the hand of Argentina. But Argentina has only one or two good players but the Dutch national team has five. Our defenses have improved since the last world cup so we definitely have a fairly good chances of winning against Argentina.

Wealthy Capitalist

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
xSahri

I've watched ever game I could (I only missed them if I was working) and I was able to see all of the Netherlands' games. They are phenomenal. I knew nothing about them (this is the first time I've been old enough to appreciate the scale of the World Cup) and couldn't believe how great they were. I was rooting England and when they were out, I called Holland as the winners of the entire thing. I'm still rooting for them. I really hope they take it this year.
Apparently the Netherlands' should've had a couple other foul calls go their way earlier, so maybe it was also like an accumulation of missed calls by the ref and he finally made up for it.

I hate this diving s**t so much, but everyone does it, so you can't flip out on one player.
The men need to play like the women, because they very rarely dive.
I played for five years and I never saw anyone dive.
I got hurt multiple times from things getting physical, but I'd never dive.

IRL Cat

25,115 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
xSahri

Most of the hate came from that swalbe of Robben in the match against Mexico which was the key to their (possibly undeserved) victory and that is why people hope for our defeat in the semi-finals at the hand of Argentina.

As far as I've read, while he admitted to diving during that match, he was referring to earlier in the match, rather than when he earned the penalty. It's not great either way, but he at least isn't claiming to have faked it for the foul that resulted in Netherlands winning.

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Froggy
xSahri

Most of the hate came from that swalbe of Robben in the match against Mexico which was the key to their (possibly undeserved) victory and that is why people hope for our defeat in the semi-finals at the hand of Argentina.

As far as I've read, while he admitted to diving during that match, he was referring to earlier in the match, rather than when he earned the penalty. It's not great either way, but he at least isn't claiming to have faked it for the foul that resulted in Netherlands winning.

Even if he faked it, he wouldn't have claimed it because this would've had dire consequences for the team.

Menacing Shoujo

That game with Mexico was rigged, foul calls at the last 15 mins of the match?
Gimme a ******** break, carrot eaters...
It all comes down to being sore losers. Robben deserved that free kick that won the match for them against Mexico. Is he super dramatic? Yes, he most definitely is. But was that free kick rigged and or not deserved? No. It is what it is. Suck it up and deal with it.

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
Really cause 3 major countries hate the Dutch.
Spain lost in a terrible fashion so all the Spanish supporters hate them.
Mexico lost due to Robben's penalty kick so all the Mexicans and persons of Mexican heritage in the USA and other parts of the Americas hate them.
Lastly, there's already been a long standing rivalry between Germany and Netherlands in football.

TkieSai's Compadre

Ghost Garbage

People are still sore over it Dx
You should see the "no era penal" tag on twitter/tumblr/etc.
Some people want the dutch to win today so they can lose in the final match x'D how sad....

Funny thing is, when the Dutch got second last time, they partied more than the spanish xD Also, If germany wins the cup I won't really care because they're our neighbors ;'3 <3

Salathielly's Partner

Dainty Kitten

27,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Kodona
People are still sore over it Dx
You should see the "no era penal" tag on twitter/tumblr/etc.
Some people want the dutch to win today so they can lose in the final match x'D how sad....

Funny thing is, when the Dutch got second last time, they partied more than the spanish xD Also, If germany wins the cup I won't really care because they're our neighbors ;'3 <3

That's the spirit biggrin Cheer on our team till we're hoarse and can cheer no more XD

Benevolent Cat

It's simple, the whole latin american community wants to see Arjen Robben burn.

He's a good player but on the last two matches he has been a little b***h.

And that penalty WAS NOT A PENALTY.
Anyone that's not blind noticed that.

That's not how you win a game, at all.

The Netherlands right now is merely a shadow of the Netherlands of the last world cup when it comes to ethics. Unfortunately.

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100

User Image

From what I've seen I'd say the Netherlands' hate comes from the nasty sore winner attitude displayed by many of their supporters. Winning is supposed to make you happy and light but in many if not most cases I've seen around, winning just made them want to step on the supporters of the teams they defeated. Acting like rabid. I was actually surprised to see so much of that attitude, I didn't use to have that idea of the Dutch. Made me especially want their team to lose. I suppose this was karma. I'm happy Argentina beat them. They ended up looking like a classic case of hubris.
I was impressed by their success in the beginning but then I was gradually more and more annoyed with them and Robben (especially because of the Mexico game and because they beat one of my liked teams, Costa Rica)...

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
If you ask me, every team that competes in the world cup has its fair share of hate. The only difference is how much it is publicly expressed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff