Welcome to Gaia! ::

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
i feel that even golf gets more media attention than soccer.

but soccer is still pretty popular. not as popular as other sports, but still a popular sport to play especially at schools.
you know whats your guy's problem!! open ur eyes soccer is way better that american football!!! scream ugh u guys are just ignorants!!!

meagies's Husband

Chatty Conversationalist

As an American who's never left the country, I feel like we just have too many sports to focus on Soccer. We divide our athletes up into too many categories and don't really leave a whole lot of room for smaller, more up-and-coming sports like Soccer. Aside from the fact too that we've been playing other sports for a lot longer than we've been playing Soccer. American Football, Basketball, Baseball, Ice Hockey, Golf, Tennis - too many sports, too little fans.
And also, we like sports with scoring. Ever wonder why the NFL is sooooo huge here? It's because pretty much every time a team has possession of the ball, there more than likely going to score. Soccer sometimes goes for entire games with no teams scoring, so we just lose interest.

But I really like soccer, used to play it for a couple seasons when I was younger biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff