Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Lunatic

sparklebuttz
I feel like this whole biting situation has been taken a little bit out of proportion. Yes, it's weird, taboo, unsanitary and not cool. But I think it really isn't that much different to other forms of violence we see in football, like kicking or hitting. Some players have had broken bones, or injuries that are a lot more difficult to recover from, without there being this huge media outrage.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get punished, I think he should be, but I think it's blown out of proportion. He wasn't even able to be by his team mates and cheer them on during this game, because he's banned from entering any stadiums or being any where near any football related events. I think that's a bit much - do people really think he's gonna go chomp random people, or his own team mates on the bench? What is the point of that? He has an anger issue, and it would be better treated by some sort of rehab.

But that's just my opinion, not looking to troll or anything

ninja

That's usually how you punish a player that shows an unsportsmanlike conduct. NFL players also get banned from games, get fined and the like. It's not really a harsh punishment, it's pretty light, in fact.

Let me put an example. If you were playing soccer, and someone bit you, what would you do? Sure, let's say the first time was an accident, so it was nobody's fault, so you'll keep on playing with that guy. But if he were to do that 1, 2, 3 more times... nobody would want to play against him. It's not about why he did it or stuff, it's about HOW he did it. In ANY contact sport, if you act rough but manage to conceal it, it's considered normal. But if you pull a stunt as stupid as that guy did, well... you get punished. This wouldn't have happened if he would have, let's say, throw the guy to the ground.

Greedy Werewolf

3,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Trader 100
What! Third time? WTF!

Greedy Lover

Inoculation
User Image

You have to add some context to that pic.

Before 1974 the WC trophy was in fact the "Jules Rimet Trophy"

User Image

Uruguay won the WC in 1930 and 1950 therefore they won the Jules Rimet, i.e. the "old" cup.
Argentine netizens in order to troll the Uruguayans tell them their trophies are outdated and "don't matter", and they use that to imply their football is superior.
Soon, the Uruguayan victories were deemed to be in the "black and white era" then the "prehistoric times" and finally in the "Dinosaur periods" therefore the Uruguayans came to be known as the Dinosaurs or "Dinos" for short.

Disregard the fact that Uruguay beat Argentina in the 1930 WC final.
football is a better place without him, he is a disgrace to the game

Dangerous Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
"That's what she said."
Have a bite to eat with Suarez!

Ruthless Bloodsucker

Kamen Rider Black
master lestat vampire
DragonisMoon
Ethozz
DragonisMoon
Ethozz
If found guilty, FIFA will impose a two-match ban upon Suarez. I don't think that's enough punishment though. Oh well.

Definitely not! In the Premier League the first bite cost him a 7match ban and the second earned him an 8 match ban. They're being far too lenient because he's a star player. He needs to be out of the World Cup :/ they shouldn't have any kind of tolerance for this behavior.

What really bothers me is when I heard from Uruguay's head coach during the post-game press conference that the World Cup is simply about football and winning the games, not about civility and morality.

Okay, so using the coach's logic and if that's the case, then there's no such thing as "sportsmanship" in FIFA. Players should be free to bite others just because it's irrelevant to playing football anyway. Might as well do it just because, right? It's all good, because morality doesn't exist in this sport. We don't need to shake hands. Bite them. Maybe the disgrace doesn't land on Suarez but also on FIFA for not acting swiftly enough.

Third time's the charm, right? Well, I agree that FIFA is too lenient with this punishment. Star player or not, this is disgusting for the fans and for the sport. A six-month ban would be sufficient enough for me. A lifetime ban would be more than sufficient.

If that's how the coach is responding it's no wonder that we have a third incident! If the coaches aren't going to enforce s**t, can we really expect FIFA to do anything?

Lifelong ban from FIFA cups and send him back to Liverpool! If FIFA doesn't punish harshly than the entire thing is a joke and there's no real honor to even being a part of it.

They won't send him back to Liverpool since the Englishmen will not be accepting this barbarian in any of their leagues. I heard that he had lost contracts with important comercial companies too. The English rarely accept this kind of mild mannered conduct and they don't take s**t when they are being forced to do something they displease. I guess his glory days are finally over. Whay a douchebag!

pft lol, are you sure you're talking about the English? Creators of football hooliganism and winners of a world cup with a non-goal
gtfo

Nonesense! The non-goal was not up to them. Hoolihans are everywhere dude. Saying that the English are all Hooligans or that they are creators of something, is like me saying that if i go travel to Mexico, or if i go to a south american country, i will be having one of my limbs chopped off and mailed to my relatives so that they pay for my abduction, and for that having everyone else reaching to the conclusion that all south americans are manic butcherers, just because a few of them have really stabbed people and chopped off their limbs. How insane can that sound? Then, i will go around saying: "South Americans are the creators of Limb chopping!" Would that be the correct thing to say? Think about it.
He cheats
He dives
He'll eat your arm and thigh
It's Suarez
lol
Check out the gallery of Suarez memes on this page:

Click here
master lestat vampire
Kamen Rider Black
master lestat vampire
DragonisMoon
Ethozz

What really bothers me is when I heard from Uruguay's head coach during the post-game press conference that the World Cup is simply about football and winning the games, not about civility and morality.

Okay, so using the coach's logic and if that's the case, then there's no such thing as "sportsmanship" in FIFA. Players should be free to bite others just because it's irrelevant to playing football anyway. Might as well do it just because, right? It's all good, because morality doesn't exist in this sport. We don't need to shake hands. Bite them. Maybe the disgrace doesn't land on Suarez but also on FIFA for not acting swiftly enough.

Third time's the charm, right? Well, I agree that FIFA is too lenient with this punishment. Star player or not, this is disgusting for the fans and for the sport. A six-month ban would be sufficient enough for me. A lifetime ban would be more than sufficient.

If that's how the coach is responding it's no wonder that we have a third incident! If the coaches aren't going to enforce s**t, can we really expect FIFA to do anything?

Lifelong ban from FIFA cups and send him back to Liverpool! If FIFA doesn't punish harshly than the entire thing is a joke and there's no real honor to even being a part of it.

They won't send him back to Liverpool since the Englishmen will not be accepting this barbarian in any of their leagues. I heard that he had lost contracts with important comercial companies too. The English rarely accept this kind of mild mannered conduct and they don't take s**t when they are being forced to do something they displease. I guess his glory days are finally over. Whay a douchebag!

pft lol, are you sure you're talking about the English? Creators of football hooliganism and winners of a world cup with a non-goal
gtfo

Nonesense! The non-goal was not up to them. Hoolihans are everywhere dude. Saying that the English are all Hooligans or that they are creators of something, is like me saying that if i go travel to Mexico, or if i go to a south american country, i will be having one of my limbs chopped off and mailed to my relatives so that they pay for my abduction, and for that having everyone else reaching to the conclusion that all south americans are manic butcherers, just because a few of them have really stabbed people and chopped off their limbs. How insane can that sound? Then, i will go around saying: "South Americans are the creators of Limb chopping!" Would that be the correct thing to say? Think about it.

technically the creators of limb chopping would be the african tribes probably

Malevolent Tactician

10,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Ruthless Bloodsucker

Kamen Rider Black
master lestat vampire
Kamen Rider Black
master lestat vampire
DragonisMoon
Ethozz

gtfo

technically the creators of limb chopping would be the african tribes probably

No, that would be Middle Eastern people and or the Asians, since the Assyrians were the oldest in record known to do that.
A parody Pokemon battle scene inspired by this incident:

User Image

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Actual Cannibal Luis Suarez.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff