Welcome to Gaia! ::

12 hours until the final match of the thrilling 2014 World Cup!!

European powerhouse Germany faces South American heavyweight Argentina! Will Muller guide his team to victory, or will Messi conjure a magical performance to help Argentina lift the trophy?

Show us who you're supporting by donning your team's 2014 jersey on Gaia, and building an avatar around it! I've equipped my Argentina jersey; now let's see yours!

Drawn for me by Britterzbee:
User Image
Is no one making avatars in honor of their team, even with Gaia's released jerseys?

Conservative Raider

9,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
I AM!!! WHOOO!!! WHOOO!!!! LETS GO GERMANY!!! mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen
Germany is a strong team, they've proven themselves countless of times in the past and in this tournament as well.
Nevertheless Argentina isn't short on the trail of success.
They too have been proud holders of the World Cup in the past.
One more match, may the best team win.

I'm in support for Argentina.
Germany has won The Cup thrice in the past whereas Argentina has only won the gold twice.
It will be Argentina's third World Cup Victory if they win this match.

Go Argentina!!

Sugary Cat

Lets be real Argentinia supporters. The only good player you have is Messi. Your team isn't anything special.

Germany beat Brasil with 7-1, what makes you think you're better?

Ruthless Bloodsucker

I hope that germany wins, i think that they have the best players all around. However, i will not be using the German's jersey because that is seen as very POSER LIKE in my country. I do not use other country's jerseys either and out of respect, i do not like watching Hipsters wearing my jerseys because it is distasteful. Both my motherland and my mother's countrys were taken out of this WC. In one of such cases, my country was cheated on and treated rudely, in the other case they lost fair and square against Germany. This being said, i will still be rooting for Germany, but i will not be wearing their colours at all. SORRY!
MiameMiame
Lets be real Argentinia supporters. The only good player you have is Messi. Your team isn't anything special.

No one said they thought they're better. Honestly, I agree that Germany has far, far better team play in this tournament.

But don't discount Di Maria, Aguero, Higuain, Zabaleta, and Mascherano. The team cannot, and is not meant to revolve entirely around Messi, because teams triple-mark him so tightly for his reputation.

And it would be unwise to write Germany off as obvious winners purely because of the Brazil game. That was equally, if not more so due to an atrocious showing from the entire Brazilian team, but especially the defenders. You see how even after such humiliation, they were simply incapable of rallying past the Dutch, and were stomped once again.

Please, I ask that you be respectful to the other fans. This is a space for support and passion, not for rudeness and hatred.

Sugary Cat

alias4him
MiameMiame

No one said they thought they're better. Honestly, I agree that Germany has far, far better team play in this tournament.

But don't discount Di Maria, Aguero, Higuain, Zabaleta, and Mascherano. The team cannot, and is not meant to revolve entirely around Messi, because teams triple-mark him so tightly for his reputation.

And it would be unwise to write Germany off as obvious winners purely because of the Brazil game. That was equally, if not more so due to an atrocious showing from the entire Brazilian team, but especially the defenders. You see how even after such humiliation, they were simply incapable of rallying past the Dutch, and were stomped once again.

Please, I ask that you be respectful to the other fans. This is a space for support and passion, not for rudeness and hatred.
They're not.

The last game against the Netherlands was boring to say the least. Could be me but I saw most of the action revolve around the Argentina goal. We were close, but didn't make it.

Why would it be unwise? Germany's team follows special diets the whole year around, they go that extra mile to prepare themselves. They are incredibly fit. If Germany doesn't beat Argentina by atleast 2 points, then I eat my socks. Save this message if you want to. I am sure Germany will win.

Supporting a team that is going to lose doesn't show a lot of self-respect but go ahead. I am just happy that I know better.

Maddy's Husband

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
The Brazilians got cocky AND built a team around 1-2 players.

Argentina has some top players, including an excellent goalie.

They and Germany have strong teams today that played hard to get to the Final, and both deserve to win.

That being said, I'm hoping for a decisive victory for Argentina.

Dapper Phantom

Honestly quite excited to see the match-up today.
While I am all-for Germany winning (if it's not obvious by now, I don't know what is), but I do think it will be a spectacular match and Argentina can definitely flip some tables.
And bringing up the Germany-Brazil match as proof that Germany will take it isn't exactly the soundest strategy, I mean... Brazil was down both their *best* player and their team captain and I don't care how long you've been playing, but trying to fill the shoes of a well-versed striker and a captain isn't going to be easy. Even if you've played with the team for just as long as they have. Brazil wasn't going to be at their absolute best and they knew that going in... though they probably could have shown better against Netherlands when they at least got Silva back. (Three minutes in and a yellow card, really? Do you even want to play?)
That being said, I'm looking forward to seeing how these two teams match up this year.
Win or lose, my team will be in first or second place, and I can't really see much of a downside to either~
MiameMiame
alias4him
MiameMiame

They're not.

The last game against the Netherlands was boring to say the least. Could be me but I saw most of the action revolve around the Argentina goal. We were close, but didn't make it.

Why would it be unwise? Germany's team follows special diets the whole year around, they go that extra mile to prepare themselves. They are incredibly fit. If Germany doesn't beat Argentina by atleast 2 points, then I eat my socks. Save this message if you want to. I am sure Germany will win.

Supporting a team that is going to lose doesn't show a lot of self-respect but go ahead. I am just happy that I know better.

I tried to be level-headed and engage in respectful conversation with you, but clearly you are not interested in doing the same. Please take your condescension and rudeness to fellow football fans elsewhere. It is not welcome here.

Others - I am so sorry for not having the energy to respond. I love your enthusiasm and spirit, and wish you all have a wonderful time watching the game. Only four hours until the fun begins!

Dangerous Hunter

Mechanical Comrade

22,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Married 100
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx User Image xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
↪ Giftie ↩

<3~!
Let's gooo Germany!!!
emotion_bigheart

Lunatic

Ύou entered into a devil's bargain with Jack Crawford.

Go Germany!!!

Ίt takes a toll.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas