Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

Anyone else think it's ridiculous that England tied the Americans?

They played horribly, and that poor goalie. You know he's fired after the goal he let in. Once the pools are over, every team England plays is going to take shots a million on him

Dapper Lunatic

4,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
iFishh x

They played horribly, and that poor goalie. You know he's fired after the goal he let in. Once the pools are over, every team England plays is going to take shots a million on him
He's not fired. He MIGHT not play in the next game

Dapper Lunatic

The famous cookie
iFishh x

He's not fired. He MIGHT not play in the next game

I suppose, but he isn't in good shape. His stance wasn't right, even though the ball had a crazy spin on it. Are they considering putting him second string?
[/size
Green needs to not play the next game if England has any hope of winning this world cup. Green was unless and is probely the most hated man in England at the moment

Beloved Lunatic

I do hope James is first-string.

He might be Calamity James, but he's certainly much better then Green.

Plus, he plays for Portsmouth FC C:
Idk > razz

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Luck, a mistake on the goalie, The Americans are brought to always shoot for gaol because their is a one in a million shoot something like Saturdays game may happen. They are told if you have a opening shoot, an we have what happen to Green miss calculated an easy ball it happens to the best. I did not like it It was a crappy goal, I'm American Wow USA an what not but that is not what I wanted to happen. I was hoping maybe a better tie or even that the USA lose so that their next game they would have come out stronger.

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
    Okay, so it was a bum goal, and for a professional goalie that really should not have gone in, I mean I'm thirteen and I don't think a goal like that has been scored on me since I was at least like eight. Now you can't stop every goal, and some do bounce off on you weird or in my case... break your wrist, but things like that just happen, you can't stop every goal. Of course I think they would've tied with more dignity if it was a better shot on America's behalf. That should've been an easy stop.

Prophet

I feel bad for the goaltender.
That probably lowered his self-esteem.

700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
In all honesty, if England would have capitalized with better substitutions after that mistake, they would have scored again against USA. Crouch should have been an early substitution in the game after that mistake. He is well-known to be in the right places as seen from his goals in the qualifiers (the Turkey game in particular).

However, Green made a simple mistake every goalie makes. Those announcers were just being jerk-offs cause they have no idea what they are talking about in the first place. If I remember correctly, one of them used to be a striker for one of the national teams. Any goalie could have misjudged that catch and had it bounce awkwardly in. Same with own goal mistakes. Plus, USA was playing very well and using very aggressive counterattacks at just the right times to catch England off-guard, which is usually very difficult since they usually have exemplary strategy.

Noob

TaikuNiwa
However, Green made a simple mistake every goalie makes. Those announcers were just being jerk-offs cause they have no idea what they are talking about in the first place. If I remember correctly, one of them used to be a striker for one of the national teams.

Exactly. People like it or not as usually affected by what the commentator says. And goalies rarely become commentators in games or even analysts after retirement. Thus, we don't usually hear things from their perspective...
I'm glad they tied, s**t.
I was at a bar, and seriously when the ball slipped out of his hand
everybody went crazy.
I felt sorry for the poor guy
but he is an f-ing MORON.
Seriously I'd rather have aids than be him atm.

James better play next time.
That game was so absolutely horrible oO
I mean.. USA almost beated Englan o.O Thats just wrong .____.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff