Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Explorer

User Image

Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi Anime Release is finally out !

HELL, YES.

I've been waiting for this for years (okay, maybe not years, but still a very long time) and squealed when I found out that this was getting an anime adaption, congratulations Nakamura! . So, deciding to express my happiness for this anime release, I've decided to make a "discussion" thread about the anime release as the series is ongoing. Great idea, right? Maybe not, because there is not really to discuss about something so cheesy and cute as this magnificent series. =/ But, I wanna fangirl over Kisa Shouta, so there! ><

TO People who have read the manga (like me)

Please do not spoil the manga to someone new to the series or hasn’t read the series yet. There are many big spoilers that we would like to keep as surprises and would like to have everyone "DA ********?" over.

TO People whom haven’t read the manga or is undecided on whether or not to watch it yet.

Don't judge on first appearances, This is actually a really good series, actually better than Junjou Romantica imo. Its a very sweet series that surprises a lot and is a great way to make the transition from shouen ai to yaoi.

Crunchyroll.com - Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi

Manga Author - Nakamura Shungiku

Plot summary

Ritsu Onodera quit working for his father’s company and transferred to work at the publishing company, Marukawa Shoten. To his dismay, he's assigned to edit shojo manga in which he has no interest or experience. He works with a strict boss, Takano, that he has trouble getting along with from the beginning. But, Onodera later discovers that he knows Takano from his past...

Crunchyroll.com - Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi - PV

The OVA has been released however it is not on Crunchyroll yet. (If it’s on any other legal site, please tell me.)

First Episode on Crunchyroll will be legally released next Friday with the Premium membership. Regular Members will watch it a week afterwards.

FAQ
1) Is this going to be an actual anime series or an OVA? I've been seeing that there is not going to be many episodes.
    According to Aarinfantasy.com, The episode that has recently been released is actually an OVA, however the actual series (first episode) won’t be released until April 8th. For more information about that, Click here. There is going to be twelve episodes in the series, like Junjou Romantica.

2) So, since its like Junjou Romantica, is there going to be three couples? Or will it just resolve around Onodera and Takano?
    I'm actually not 100% sure, but more like 98% sure that they’re going to put the other two couples in it. The reason for that is because I haven’t seen a source saying so. But let’s just say yes for now. But there sure better do so, because If i don’t see my Animated Kisa I will kill a puppy.
Yes! All three of the couples are going to be in it.
3) Will this series come to America?
    The Manga is coming out July 2011, though I don't know about the anime series itself. The OVA however, is available to buy on DVD now on Amazon.

THE OPENING SONG IS KICKASS!

Episode Analysis [spoilers]
Episode one:

I CAUGHT FORESHADOWING HERE!

Mino: [after explaination of photo croooked thing]- Ah, watched out so you dont get crooked.
Onodera: Okay.
Kisa : They say, " A Crooked photocomposition is a sign of a crooked heart."
Hatori: "Kisa, you were Crooked last time."
Kisa: What? Really? Where?

OHHH SNAP.

Episode two:

I LOL'D at the tension with they tried to dramatizie ritsu up. It was really unfitting to me. But the slow sequence of Takano rape was AMAZING.

and was i all like,"HAY, THAT MANGA ARTIST CAN DRAW PRETTY DAMN GOOD"

Episode three:
Though they are following the manga pretty well, I THANK THE HEAVENS that they didnt leave us off with that cliffhanger shinaigans. They ended off pretty well.

Discuss

1) So in the OVA, WHY WERE THE WINDOWS ALWAYS OPEN?! Srsly.
2) Any Kisa Shouta Fans? I'm a Kisa Shouta Fan. (:
3) So, what do you think about the story so far in the anime?
4) Cheesiest Line?
5) How was the latest episode, gaiz?
OH MY GOD!!!! I DON'T CARE IF ITS NOT JUNJOU ROMANTICA!!! ITS MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE AND ITS AWESOME!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR SO LONG!!! JUNJOU ROMANTICA IS MY MOST FAVORITE SERIES!!

Versatile Elder

14,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
User ImageUser Image
# 1 x f a n x a n d x w i f e x o f x T s u n a y o s h i x S a w a d a . x x I x l o v e x T s u n a x m o r e x t h a n x a n y t h i n g x i n x t h i s x w o r l d .

: : :xxxxxxxxxxxxYay~ I'm going to watch it. I saw the trailer and it caught my interest, so I'm going to watch it.

I x d o n ' t x c a r e x i f x h e ' s x n o t x a x l i v i n g , x b r e a t h i n g x p e r s o n. x x H e ' s x a l l x I ' l l x e v e r x w a n t x o r x n e e d . . .
User Image
Forumset design created by iTsunayoshi Sawada - 2010. Do not steal, do not alter or copy without permission.

Devoted Explorer

Xx Akihiko-Kun xX
OH MY GOD!!!! I DON'T CARE IF ITS NOT JUNJOU ROMANTICA!!! ITS MADE BY THE SAME PEOPLE AND ITS AWESOME!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS FOR SO LONG!!! JUNJOU ROMANTICA IS MY MOST FAVORITE SERIES!!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I EFFIN KNOW RIGHT??? I WAS SHITTING BRICKS WHEN I SAW IT WAS GETTING AN ANIME ADAPTION!!!!!!!

Devoted Explorer

iTsunayoshi Sawada
User ImageUser Image
# 1 x f a n x a n d x w i f e x o f x T s u n a y o s h i x S a w a d a . x x I x l o v e x T s u n a x m o r e x t h a n x a n y t h i n g x i n x t h i s x w o r l d .

: : :xxxxxxxxxxxxYay~ I'm going to watch it. I saw the trailer and it caught my interest, so I'm going to watch it.

I x d o n ' t x c a r e x i f x h e ' s x n o t x a x l i v i n g , x b r e a t h i n g x p e r s o n. x x H e ' s x a l l x I ' l l x e v e r x w a n t x o r x n e e d . . .
User Image
Forumset design created by iTsunayoshi Sawada - 2010. Do not steal, do not alter or copy without permission.

Yeppp, You're really going to like it ! (:
DimiDizy6d
Xx Akihiko-Kun xX

I EFFIN KNOW RIGHT??? I WAS SHITTING BRICKS WHEN I SAW IT WAS GETTING AN ANIME ADAPTION!!!!!!!

AND OH MY GOSH! YOU LIKE HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD!!!!!! YOU ARE LIKE THE BESTEST PERSON I HAVE EVER TALK TO IN MY LIFE!!!!!

Devoted Explorer

Xx Akihiko-Kun xX
DimiDizy6d
Xx Akihiko-Kun xX

AND OH MY GOSH! YOU LIKE HIGH SCHOOL OF THE DEAD!!!!!! YOU ARE LIKE THE BESTEST PERSON I HAVE EVER TALK TO IN MY LIFE!!!!!

OMG ! Thats so awesome! Well, i'm dimi. Nice to meet you X]
DimiDizy6d
Xx Akihiko-Kun xX
DimiDizy6d
Xx Akihiko-Kun xX

OMG ! Thats so awesome! Well, i'm dimi. Nice to meet you X]
Hajimemashite. Watashiwa Akihiko desu. Douzoyorushiku. ^-^

Dapper Dabbler

I watched some of the OVA and it didn't seem like my cup o' tea but luckily I decided to watch the first episode as well. It was a lot different than I thought it would be and I'm interested. The main character amuses me~

Angelic Cat

23,165 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Snowball Hero 200
I read a little of the manga. I love the ova and the first episode is nice. I can't want for the next episode.
Synthelement
I watched some of the OVA and it didn't seem like my cup o' tea but luckily I decided to watch the first episode as well. It was a lot different than I thought it would be and I'm interested. The main character amuses me~

I felt the same way while watching the OVA. It just seemed so overtly cliche and showed all of the tropes I happen to dislike in BL. thankfully, some of that was subverted in this newer episode, and honestly Im interested in the other pairings that'll pop up. Hopefully it will be a nice feel good show though.

Devoted Explorer

Synthelement

Yeah, I honestly didnt quite get why they had to put out the OVA first though I enjoyed it. I wished that they just made flashback episodes during the series or released the ova on a later date like the Manga. Its just a flashback dream and rest assured you wont be seeing any of stuff in the ova again. But im 80% sure they wont pull 'Windows and doors are constantly open with cherry blossoms flying in' anymore either.

Onodera is probably my ideal characters. Prideful, Strong and Determined but still is amusingly bashful at the same time. x]

Explorer

I did a double-take when I first saw that pic because the characters looked so similar to those in Junjou Romantica (which I guess can't be helped much if it's the same artist). But it's bound to be adorable, so I will probably watch it at some point. >.>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff