Welcome to Gaia! ::

Slumbering Tengu

Come on where are all my Persona 4 people at?

Haha so I just found out a last night the Persona 4 anime will be on its way
I'm honestly really excited for it as Persona 4 is one of my favorite games
Now I've not heard the original Japanese voices (because I play the game in English) but apparently they're getting the Japanese voice actors from the game to voice the characters in the anime

I'm honestly wondering wheither the main character will have many speaking parts
as he was a silent protagonist in the game

Edit: The preview is out now

Also it should be more an unspoken rule but
Please don't spam in here
I don't appreciate that and
I will ignore list you :/

Mega Player

Man, I am so excited for this! Persona 4 was one of my favorite PS2 games.

On Brotagonist speaking, it would be great if they did it like in the manga and had him speak, but not that much.

Lavish Elder

What's the point? isn't it more fun to play the game yourself and make your own decisions? I never understood anime and manga based on video games. Or movies, for that matter. There's a reason why they never do well. I played and beat Persona 4, that was enough.
Whoa, cool! If it is published, I will watch it immediately :3

Lonely Phantom

29,615 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
Thank you for this wonderful news I will be looking forward to watching this one.

Slumbering Tengu

The Dark Gentleman
What's the point? isn't it more fun to play the game yourself and make your own decisions? I never understood anime and manga based on video games. Or movies, for that matter. There's a reason why they never do well. I played and beat Persona 4, that was enough.

It's re-living the story without the weeks it takes to play the game
Definite plus in my book not to mention the differences the anime/manga adaptation takes can sometimes be fun

6,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
ffff they're making an anime? o 3o

Also your siiiig, Yume Nikki. heart

Feral Explorer

6,900 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Konan Tatsuhiko
Come on where are all my Persona 4 people at?

Haha so I just found out a last night the Persona 4 anime will be on its way
I'm honestly really excited for it as Persona 4 is one of my favorite games
Now I've not heard the original Japanese voices (because I play the game in English) but apparently they're getting the Japanese voice actors from the game to voice the characters in the anime

I'm honestly wondering wheither the main character will have many speaking parts
as he was a silent protagonist in the game

Also it should be more an unspoken rule but
Please don't spam in here
I don't appreciate that and
I will ignore list you :/

Why has no one informed me of this before?! I've seen the manga for Persona 3, but there's an anime for Persona 4?! OMG, this is sooooooooooo awesome!

Slumbering Tengu

Evil Black Demon Dragon
Why has no one informed me of this before?! I've seen the manga for Persona 3, but there's an anime for Persona 4?! OMG, this is sooooooooooo awesome!

There was also a manga for Persona 4 as well

One of the biggest changes is that the main character's name will not be Souji like in the manga
Souji was considered the cannon name for the main character just like Minato was considered the cannon name for the Persona 3 main character

Lavish Elder

Konan Tatsuhiko
The Dark Gentleman

It's re-living the story without the weeks it takes to play the game
Definite plus in my book not to mention the differences the anime/manga adaptation takes can sometimes be fun

And when they deviate too much, it turns into Kuroshitsuji neutral
I suppose those who dislike video games and those too lazy to get through the whole game would benefit. As for me, I know what's coming and most of the jokes and stuff, so it'd just be a waste of time. Kind of like Deathnote: I read the manga, and though the anime had some extra scenes, I couldn't be bothered since it was pretty much the exact same thing. Unless P4 changes dramatically from the game's core, I'd rather watch something with an original storyline not previously in anything else, you know?
Although i'm excited i'm thinking it's gonna stick exactly to the game. I'll watch it anyway but it'll be pretty boring.
im just posting for money

Feral Explorer

6,900 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Konan Tatsuhiko
Evil Black Demon Dragon

There was also a manga for Persona 4 as well

One of the biggest changes is that the main character's name will not be Souji like in the manga
Souji was considered the cannon name for the main character just like Minato was considered the cannon name for the Persona 3 main character

Now I'm gonna have to find that too. But I'm soooooooooooooooo excited! whee I heart the Persona series~!

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
....NO WAY. THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME.

Slumbering Tengu

The Dark Gentleman
And when they deviate too much, it turns into Kuroshitsuji neutral
I suppose those who dislike video games and those too lazy to get through the whole game would benefit. As for me, I know what's coming and most of the jokes and stuff, so it'd just be a waste of time. Kind of like Deathnote: I read the manga, and though the anime had some extra scenes, I couldn't be bothered since it was pretty much the exact same thing. Unless P4 changes dramatically from the game's core, I'd rather watch something with an original storyline not previously in anything else, you know?

Oh it wasn't too bad until it got to the last couple of episodes
I mean really wtf was that Kuro? *cough* anyway
not sure if what they did to there was worse then what happened with the Soul Eater anime

Anime often help get more people into the series or get in people who couldn't play the game
I got into the Higurashi and Umineko fandom because of the anime
To read the entire visual novels takes months even if you sit around and read all the time
and let's be honest that's really kinda boring to sit in front of a computer screen and read all day every day
I've been read/playing Umineko for over 24 hours combined and I'm barely just over what they covered in episode 2 of the anime

Tales of the Abyss is another good example of a game turned anime. I started watching the anime first and adored it. Then I set out on that fun journey to play the game.

Besides how is this really different then them making a manga
Which they do for almost everything popular these days?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff