Welcome to Gaia! ::

robynhodefan
I don't think americans, or the world honestly, knows how much this TRUELY meant to us! It wasn't the same as 2002, it was on our own ice and we prevailed against so much in both hockey and other events. Hockey is canada's favorite pass time. Its like soccer (a.k.a football) to the U.K., without the violence.....from the spectator's perspective.... Unlike american's and other countries, we aren't obnoxious in our pride for our country. This gave us a reason to be loud and proud!

Exactly. But I have to admit, it wasn't just the USA that was all pissed at it. Russia was saying s**t about our Olimpics too. Makes me sad because I'm part Russian. =(

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
xxChaoticxChellyxx
robynhodefan
I don't think americans, or the world honestly, knows how much this TRUELY meant to us! It wasn't the same as 2002, it was on our own ice and we prevailed against so much in both hockey and other events. Hockey is canada's favorite pass time. Its like soccer (a.k.a football) to the U.K., without the violence.....from the spectator's perspective.... Unlike american's and other countries, we aren't obnoxious in our pride for our country. This gave us a reason to be loud and proud!

Exactly. But I have to admit, it wasn't just the USA that was all pissed at it. Russia was saying s**t about our Olimpics too. Makes me sad because I'm part Russian. =(

Well apparently britons were critizing us cus' of our rain, and we were apparently "not british enough" according to one of there columnists'. I think the russians are mad cus' their mens hockey team sucked and there figure skaters didn't get gold. The american's really don't have a right to be mad, they only came away with, what 36 medals?!

User Image

I really despise the OP's attitude(not the OP herself, just the attitude associated with winning). Is it really necessary to be nasty and rude? "Take that"? Talk about being a rub-it-in-your-face winner. :/ They're worse than the sore losers.

No wonder Canadian reputations have going down the hole.
robynhodefan

Yeah i know right?. I think it doesn't mean as much to them,another gold for usa.But for canada it was are love and pride for hockey.
Crosby is the best, i love him heart
that game was so intense that i almost lost my voice
Fist Pump

User Image

I really despise the OP's attitude(not the OP herself, just the attitude associated with winning). Is it really necessary to be nasty and rude? "Take that"? Talk about being a rub-it-in-your-face winner. :/ They're worse than the sore losers.

No wonder Canadian reputations have going down the hole.

USA says stuff about us all the time, but god forbid we say something back? "Take That" is nothing compaired to steping on our flag, saying we're insuperior to them, being spammed by "USA RULZ AND CANADA SUX" on a Canada Day thread, and making fun of us on shows on a regular basis. If you're getting offeneded by "take that", good thing you're not in our position or you might break a blood vessle.=P

O.G. Phantom

pssshhhhh...... in overtime
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes talk2hand
The Backseatsman
pssshhhhh...... in overtime
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes talk2hand

Even if it was during overtime, we won the gold and Americans got the silver. If the Americans did not shoot that goal during 24s, we would have won anyways.

O.G. Phantom

oh yeah well.... Apolo Ohno still beasts and the only reason why he was disqualified in the 500m was b/c the referee was canadian
USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!
The Backseatsman
oh yeah well.... Apolo Ohno still beasts and the only reason why he was disqualified in the 500m was b/c the referee was canadian

LOL It clearly showed how he pushed Tremblay enough to make him fall. That is the reason why he got disqualified (because it clearly shows). It's not because the referee was a Canadian. He made a fair call.
Hmm although it may not be too offensive the title of the thread is a tad controversial for Americans anyway. Come on now guys spread the love. It was an awesome game! I had to leave half way through for work it was torture I had to ask customers if they had seen the game none had! But when I watched it later I was so sad the USA lost but hell weren't they not even supposed to get close to placing so YAY for us! Good for Canada they get to take pride in what many have called their "identity" and now they have proof they are one of the best!

Silver is pretty badass too though and it does irritate me that many canadians can only call us losers. On both sides Americans and Canadians are acting like assholes over this.

I wish I could be in Vancouver right now though sounds fun.

O.G. Phantom

[Cindy]
The Backseatsman

LOL It clearly showed how he pushed Tremblay enough to make him fall. That is the reason why he got disqualified (because it clearly shows). It's not because the referee was a Canadian. He made a fair call.

Whatever... Apolo barely touched him
Canadians just need to learn how to keep their balance
And the other ugly canadian tripped to korean's arm
The Backseatsman
[Cindy]
The Backseatsman

Whatever... Apolo barely touched him
Canadians just need to learn how to keep their balance
And the other ugly canadian tripped to korean's arm

That was not barely touched him. If it was barely touched, it would have been less than a second but he touched him longer than that. LOL As you can see if you have watched the whole short track tournament, a lot of skaters fell as well-- not just Canadians.

If you watch the last part really carefully, the korean guy's skate got stuck on the ice and from that, he LOST his balance. By the time he tries to regain his balance again, Hamelin made a pass. Hamelin's hand and the korean guy's arm (which was touched the ground) just happened to collide. The korean guy finally lost his balance and he grabs Hamelin's skate which causes him to lose balance.

O.G. Phantom

Well Apollo Ohno is the most decorated American Winter Olympic athlete of all time.
8 medals!!!!
Take that Canada talk2hand
The Backseatsman
Well Apollo Ohno is the most decorated American Winter Olympic athlete of all time.
8 medals!!!!
Take that Canada talk2hand

He might be the most decorated athlete to you but not for me. I hear he cheats a lot too.

We have a lot of wonderful athletes also like Clara hughes who is the ONLY person to win multiple medals in BOTH winter and summer olympics. We have Cindy Klassen who won 5 medals in Turin, Even though she did not win this year due to still recovering from both 2 knee injuries-- a lot of Canadians respect her for still competing and qualified for the Canada team. Also the athletes who gave Canada 14 medals and breaking 2 records. We can't forget those that also won silver and bronze for Canada

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff