Welcome to Gaia! ::

Princess Nerd

20,175 Points
  • Master Librarian 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Magical Girl 50
So! Which portrayal or Sherlock is your favourite?
Benedict Cumberbatch? Jonny Lee Miller? Robert Downey Jr.? Basil Rathbone? Leonard Nimoy? Tom Baker? Nicholas Rowe? Peter Cushing? Jeremy Brett? So many people have portrayed Sherlock over the years that I cant possibly name them all! Maybe it's someone I didn't name?

Sex Symbol

That's what's wonderful about the charactor, many men can play him and they can all feel right, like James Bond or the Doctor, so long as the writing is good and they stay true to the books. I'd have to choose Bendybuck Cappagepatch though as my favorite Sherlock.

Mewling Fatcat

Benedict Cumberbatch is my favorite sherlock,but Robert Downy Jr. is a close second

In a relationship with Christina M I A

Dangerous Hunter

24,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
AH, this is a bit of a touchy subject for me personally. I /loved/ Benedicts, don't get me wrong so he is a VERY close second. But for me, if I had to choose a favorite it would most indebutably be Basil Rathbone....I /loved/ his portrayals in the classic editions,a favorite of mine would have to be, ah the name escaped me, whee is, hypnotized..Ah my goodness that ending had me on the edge of my /seat/.....

If I had to name them in eumerical order though, I'd have to say
1.Basil Rathbone
2. Benedict Cumberbatch
3. Basil of Bakerstreen, the Great Mouse Detective, I've love it since I was a little girl.

However, the only one I could never stand, and I will poabply get alot of hate for this..Was RD...I just, Im sorry but the way he portrayed it, as a vry /avid/ fan of the classic versions...just severly irked me....It was one role if you ask hme honestly, that RDJ should have simply /left alone/...He was not right for it.
Benedict Cumberbatch is coming to be my favorite. I may even dare say he's sharing first place with my all time favorite Jeremy Brett.

MissShadowCat's Spouse

Demonic Cultist

That's difficult, since some of them aren't in the same time period. Benedict Cumberbatch is amazing as a modern Sherlock, but I did always like Robert Stephens in The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes.
My favorite is benedict cumberbatch playing sherlock but I tried to watch robert Downey jr as sherlock hes not a good one for the role heart

Lonely Genius

Favorite order and my opinion.

1- Jeremy Brett. The Mr. Holmes.
2- Robert Downey Jr. The crazy bohemian Holmes.
3- Benedit Cumberbatch. The childish and mulish Sherlock.

Everyone has a best played part of the complete personality of Sherlock Holmes.

Naughty Man-Lover

Benedict Cumberbatch heart

Dangerous Loiterer

FlipTebryCarson
BBC <3
You do realise there's more than one BBC version, not just the overrated Cumberbatch one?
Omg don't make me choose!
Hmm...
Maybe Benedick Cucumber? whee
To be honest, I feel that they all play the part very well ~
Admittedly, I think that Benedict Cumberbatch is my favorite Sherlock.
heart

Cheery Genius

8,300 Points
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
heart I'd have to say Benedict Cumberbatch. I feel like his character is truest to Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle's character. Cumberbatch's character is a little less respectful of women, but All-in-all he portrays him well. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff