Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100

User Image
Graphics by Pax Britannica. Her shop's in the links below!

"What's the Password?"

A treehouse is… many things. Mainly, it a house that happened to be build in the nook of a sturdy tree. But really, that's just what it is on the surface. A treehouse could be anything, really! With the right tools and a little bit of imagination, a treehouse could be a perfect place for, say... an adventure! Or a party! From what it seems, the "real world" seems to be full of so much stress. Why doesn't anyone have a little fun?

Our story takes place in such a treehouse, in the middle of a boring suburban neighborhood, in the middle of some boring place, in some boring country, somewhere. A mysterious band of characters, all completely out of place from their surroundings (and each-other, for that matter) wander in. Newly escaped from their books, the Mad Hatter, Peter Pan, Megara, Cinderella, Tom Sawyer, Eponine, Jay Gatsby, and Little Red Riding-Hood have formed something of a traveling group.

They all agree on this:
This treehouse is the perfect place to throw a party, celebrating their new liberation.

That's just about it. Aside from that, they can't agree on anything! Half the party wants to throw a fun, silly, childish block party with pranks and streamers. The other half want a sophisticated, more exotic party with nice drinks and beautiful, clean-cut surroundings.

And if their problems couldn't be worse, wait until the homeowner comes back...

Post Guide

1. Welcome
2. Rules and Guidelines
3. Your Hosts
4. The Plot So Far
5. Avatar Contest
6. Art Contest
7. Quests
8. Towns Meetings
9. Credits and Links

User Image

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
User Image

Rules

☀ Follow Gaia T.O.S! That should be a give-in, though, right?
☀ Please be kind and courteous to your hosts, cohosts, and guests.
☀ Do NOT Godmod. Do not impersonate your hosts or cohosts. We have three lovely days of fun planned out, and we get cranky when people try to control our characters.
☀ Please listen to hosts and cohosts~ we're out to make sure everyone has a good time!
☀ Cheating in one of our contests will get you disqualified-- And you won't get any tea or cake!
☀ Have tons of fun!

Guidelines

☀ Please do not quote long posts! (Especially front page posts!)
☀ Please try not to have a giant signature!
☀ Please don't post any supersized images.
☀ Please use your classy language~ keep the crude stuff to a minimum so our younger ballgoers can enjoy the ball too!
☀ Again, have fun!
☀ Rules and guidelines are subject to change.

Warning

NEVER give your password out to anyone. A couple years back we had a problem where a popup would show up saying that you had 'timed out' and needed to enter your password to log back in. This is NOT a Gaia generated pop up, and is a hacker using Java pop ups to get access to your account. If this happens, I find it best to force close your browser and re-open it again, to avoid having to click on any part of the message. Then please report that post immediately!

User Image

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100

User Image
Meet the awesome members of our butt-kicking treehouse! They worked all day to make sure that this party rocks.

(Important Notice: These characters are the official hosts and cohosts of the event. You are more than welcome to come up with your own character and rp with us-- in fact, that's why we're here! But please do not send in profiles asking to be added to this list. If you want to help us plan for next year, links to our new planning guild will go out at the end of the ball!)

User Image

The Mad Hatter
Hatter, Hatty

The Hatter is impulsive… to say the least. He's spent most of his life drinking tea and celebrating his un-birthday, and is a huge fan of having fun. If it's not being responsible or doing work, the Hatter loves doing it. Going back to his story? What's the fun in that? You have all the time in the world to be in a story, and so little time to be in a treehouse!

Roleplayed by: Pinkiekitty
I've been lurking around Gaia for 8 years now, and I've been a part of this lovely group for two years now, and co-hosted as Pippa the cabin girl in the dream of flying room in the 10th Annual Ball.

User Image

Peter Pan
Peter

He may be childish and mischievous, but he's the greatest adventurer! He's not going back to his story because there are more adventures in the outside world!

Roleplayed by: A Glass Passenger
"Meh."

User Image

Tom Sawyer
Tom

Tom's a real mischevious, stubborn, childish, cunning, energetic, and creative kid! Going back to his original story and go back to painting fences for dear Aunt Polly? As if! Where's the fun in that? Let's swindle people instead!

Roleplayed by: Schizophrenic_cupcakes (under the name The Tom Sawyer)
My ball history: 7th Annual Ball - Attendee; 8th Annual Ball - Host - News/Plot Update Room as Hermes; 9th Annual Ball - Cohost Envy & Love Room (Haus D' Amour) as Rosetta Rae & Vincent Ezekial Valdette; 10th Annual Ball - Cohost Whimsical Dream Room as The Spirit of Annaleigh

User Image

Megara
Meg

Meg is a sassy, flirty, and determined trouble maker. "My children get killed by my husband and he GIVES me to his brother! NO thank you!"

Roleplayed by: Rogue_Logan
Been around Gaia since it's early days and have been involved in MANY RPs
Ball History: Halloween Event- Cruella/Megara/Elphaba; Host Club- Lola; March Event- Loletti; Easter Event- Mistress Green; 10th Annual Ball- (Nightmare room) Dolly; Annual Ball Bunk- Nana: The Trouble Maker

User Image

Cinderella

Cin, Cindy

Cinderella is a kind-hearted girl, despite the way she's been treated by her stepmother and stepsisters all her years. She never fails to show compassion for others, and can be very motherly to younger people. Doing chores can be quite a bore, even more so when you've been doing someone else's for the majority of your life. It's time to let loose and have some fun!

Roleplayed by: Calea
I joined Gaia in 2004, but I never realized until last year that there were actually balls run by the users themselves. I attended the 10th Annual Ball as a guest, and had such a blast that well... here I am now!

User Image

Jay Gatsby
Gatsby
Gatsby appears to be an aloof, enigmatic and slightly disingenuous, but it is a farce, as he is in truth incredibly naive and lovelorn. Who would want to go back to a world where they will never be able to be with the one they love?

Roleplayed by: Greed-ler
I haven't had much ball experience. Did the Valentines event this year, but I've been RPing in general for a few years now.

User Image

Eponine
Ponnie, Eppy
Eponine personality reflects on her childhood after she was spoilt rotten by her parents but as a teenager she continued to want for luxuries but her parents had lost the means to give her what she wanted, she also gets affected deeply by her feelings of love and often goes out of her way to do things for people but is also strong willed and will stand up for what she believes in. After reading about her death and that Marius never returned her feelings she wants to stay out of her story in hope that she'll have a good chance at a new life and maybe find a new person to give her heart to.

Roleplayed by: eran no shi
Guest at 9th ball, secondary host 10th and the monthly host club thingy's for 10th and one during 11th.

User Image

Little Red Riding-Hood
Red
Red has an adventurous spirit. She grew up in the woods so she also learned to be pretty tough. Though because it was her grandmother whom she lived with, she also learned to be nice and polite to everyone and everything. To bad there was nobody around to be nice too except squirrels and bugs and other woodland creatures. She likes being around actual people now that she's out of her story. That, and after she learned that she's going to be eaten, there wouldn't be any possible way to convince her otherwise... She especially hates being called "little" now that she's out of her story, but she never actual explains the reason why.

Roleplayed by: Lucky Pink Wings
I was in the Whimsical Dream room this past year as a simple co-host. Also, I first participated in the Annual Ball at the Pride room. I'm not sure if that exactly counts, but I did still roleplay as a guest. I've done multiple monthly events, I'm currently roleplaying in the AURB Four Colors Cafe, a separate role-playing group called School for the Gifted, and started my own private roleplay with Mademoiselle Alvinette called Lucy's Legend.

User Image

Daisy
She is beautiful and charming, but also fickle, shallow, bored, and sardonic. She is characterised as a careless person who smashes things up and then retreats behind her money. Daisy is in love with money, ease, and material luxury. She is capable of affection, but not of sustained loyalty or care. She doesn't want to live in a time when women were still considered a merely decorative gender. She wants to escape her life with Tom and her daughter, and be free from the expectations of society.

Roleplayed by: Miyuki Miamoto
Not much ball experience at all, but I've been RPing in general for a few years.

Grandma Nettie!
The grumpy, old, crazy cat lady that is the owner of the house! What on earth does she had a treehouse for, anyway? For her cats to play on? Anyways, she's a sour-faced old woman with a million cats. Don't mess with Grandma Nettie unless you want an earful of yelling... and fur.
Played by Eboni_x_Ivori

User Image

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
User Image

☀ ☀ Day One
The group has arrived at the treehouse! They don't all agree on what kind of party there should be, though; While the Hatter has set up a party with tea and loud music and silly fun times, other guests, like Eponine, want something a little classier, with wine and elegance. They dispute as the party goes on.

All of the sudden, that evening, the homeowner comes home! Apparently, the characters had picked the treehouse without actually asking the owner of the property. Her name is Grandma Nettie, and she's very angry. She hit the Hatter with knitting needles and forbid any fun to happen on her property. Luckily, with the help of the guests, we lured the old woman back into her house, and barricaded the door! Hopefully, she won't be back to bother us.

☀ ☀ Day Two

They day started off peacefully. There was still dispute between the style of the party, but at least the hosts were starting to come to some sort of agreement... starting, anyway. Suddenly, around midday, Grandma Nettie was back! This time, with an army of cats. The cats rampaged through the treehouse, making a mess of everything and attacking the guests! During an attack, the Hatter fell over and was knocked out cold! Luckily, through use of catnip and fish, they were able to tame the cats! Take that, Grandma Nettie! During the night, the guests helped clean the place, and there was some teacup-throwing drama!

☀ ☀ Day Three
On the last day, the Hatter finally woke up and decided right off the bat to try and combine all of the teas in the treehouse into one "Ultimate Tea". It was surprisingly delicious! Then they set about planning what to do about that old Grandma Nettie. Unfortunately, that question was answered for them by the great Merlin, who appeared at the treehouse. The only way to stop causing all this trouble was to return to their stories. A few hosts, like Eponine, Meg, and Red, were very hesitatnt to go back to their stories where they new a terrible fate awaits them. But they were convinced, a few determined to fight their fate, a few ready to face it. They were allowed one last night with their beloved new friends, and returned to their stories by the morning time.

User Image

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
User Image

Is your avi the epitome of style? We think so. You should enter our fantastic Ball-wide avatar contest and score some serious prizes!

☀ Your entries must be inspired by the Treehouse, the hosts, or classic literature!
PM all entries to Pinkiekitty by August 24th, at 12:00 am. That means you can enter FRIDAY ONLY! This is to limit all of the entrants we're getting. WE'RE CLOSED. Voting is on!
☀ The hosts will decide on 10 finalists for both King and Queen
☀ The finalists will be put up in a thread for public voting! Winners will be chosen at the end of Saturday!
☀ Winners will be entered in the contest for overall ball King and Queen!
Must be your avatar, not a tektek.
☀ Do not copy other's work!
☀ Do not send out mass mail asking for votes! Telling a few friends that you are running is fine, but don't PM your whole list of friends to ask them to vote for you. That makes things unfair!
☀ Image of your avatar must be hosted on a permanent site (like photobucket) by you. If you're not sure how to do this, don't hesitate to PM me!
☀ Please submit images that are the same size as how your avatar shows up in threads and at the top of Gaia!!
☀ One entry per person!
☀ Please do not use mules to enter more than once!
☀ You may vote for yourself once, however no using mules to get more votes!
☀ You can only enter the avatar contest of one of the official rooms! So choose wisely!

Prizes

King of the Treehouse: Fall Groom + August 2013 MC + August RIG + 50k
Queen of the Treehouse: Scenic Tea Party + August 2013 MC + August RIG + 50k

Prince of the Treehouse: (runner up): Mana Seed + August RIG + 50k
Princess of the Treehouse: (runner up): Mana Seed + August RIG + 50k

User ImageUser Image
Say hello to your Queen and King, ANJell-GoMinam and Hyungoo!

User ImageUser Image
And your prince and princess, Nightmare-Child101 and sassyspark!

Congrats, and thanks to everyone who entered! We had a lot of incredibly beautiful avatars this year!

User Image

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
User Image

Requirements for Art Contest

Feeling artistic? Sure you are! Who isn't?
Good thing we're holding a treehouse-wide art contest! Nothing's better than turning that professional and/or amateur talent into cold, hard, virtual MONEY, am I right?

☀ All entries must include one of the official hosts or cohosts of the room! You are more than welcome to include yourself and your friends. ^_^
☀ PM all entries to Pinkiekitty by August 24th, at 6:00PM PST (9:00PM EST).
☀ The hosts will decide on 10 finalists.
☀ The finalists will be put up in a thread for public voting! Winners will be chosen at the end of Sunday!
☀ Do not copy other's work!
☀ Do not send out mass mail asking for votes! Telling a few friends that you are running is fine, but don't PM your whole list of friends to ask them to vote for you. That makes things unfair!
☀ Image must be hosted on a permanent site (like photobucket) by you. If you're not sure how to do this, don't hesitate to PM me!
☀ One entry per person!
☀ Please do not use mules to enter more than once!
☀ You may vote for yourself once, however no using mules to get more votes!

Prizes

☀ First Place: Starlight Redemption x2 + August Monthly Collectable x2 + 100k
☀ Second Place: Starlight Redemption + 50k
☀ Third Place: August Monthly Collectable + 10k

The Entrants

-Touhou Flandre Scarlet-
PumpkinSpirit
Shadow_ Angel1234567890
shevamalara
molly8972
Misuzu Kagamine

User Image

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
User Image

Want to make some gold? A few hosts and cohosts here are offering quests in exchange for acorns! Collect all of the acorns, and you'll receive gold!

Anyone who completes all the quests wins 30k. At the end of the ball, anyone who has completed a quest (but not all of them) will receive 1k per quest done.

The Hatter's Quest
Have you seen the teacups that they have to offer in the "real world"? They're so incredibly boring! The Hatter's looking for something a little more... interesting, at least. He wants the guests to design a new teacup for him. This can either be a drawing, or a very detailed description. The weirder, and the cooler, the better! PM the design to him, and he'll give you an acorn.

Eponine
Poor Eponine has lost everything in her story, it seems, but most importantly, she's lost a love that will never return her feelings. Poni knows quite a few things about unrequited love, that's for sure! Have you ever felt that way? Take a crack at writing and write Poni a beautiful poem about unrequited love. PM it to her, and if she likes it, she'll give you an acorn!

Jay Gatsby
No one dresses in style these days! Have you seen these "snappy backs" and "jeans"? It's like people are trying to dress working class! Refresh your sense of style and dress in 1920s attire, if only just for a little while. Show Jay (via quote, get his attention!) and he'll give you an acorn!

Megara
Every once in a while, you'll find a string posted in the forums. It's the string of life! You know, the Fates? Greek Mythology? If you find it, cut that darn string (quoting Meg while you're at it so she can see). Don't think about the fact that you cut a string of life, killing some random person in their prime. Think about the acorn you'll receive.

Little Red Riding Hood
Red keeps dropping cupcakes from her basket! Aren't they just delicious looking... but don't eat them! Red needs them for her grandma, so she says. If you see a cupcake on Red's post, quote her, pick it up, and give it back! She'll thank you with an acorn.

Tom Sawyer
Tom's got sum'n real elaborate planned! He's set up an entire scavenger hunt around the treehouse. It's all about behaviors-- If you see one of the hosts doing certain activities, Tom will give you a prize! Ask Tom for more details; He prefers explaining himself. Win the scavenger hunt and get an acorn.

User Image

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
User Image

Watch this post for times of Towns, Towns 2, or Virtual Hollywood meetups! These are optional, and no one is required to show up, but it is a great opportunity to meet your hosts and fellow guests and chat in and out of character!

User Image

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100
User Image

Credit goes to:

Calea- Room Artist
Greed-ler- Room Artist
Pinkiekitty- Hatter Graphic Artist
Robayn- 11th Annual User Run Ball Main Host and overall huge help
spottedteddybears- 11th Annual User Run Ball Secondary and overall huge help
Pax Britannica- Beautiful Graphics and Coding!

Link In:
User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/11th-annual-user-run-ball//t.87585383/][img]http://i.imgur.com/fRwdg57.png[/img][/url]

Links out:

If you want your banner here, PM Pinkiekitty with your links. The advertisement is free!
User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image

User Image

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100
  • Married 100

Mewling Lunatic

16,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Party Animal 100