• Object of Affection 150
Wahoo!!! So...who's going to start? whee

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
As the dusk was falling around the castle Queen Lunae descended the spiral staircase of the ivory palace having just changed clothes after the fiasco at the Annual Ball in the waking world. The whole business of a glass lady kidnapping dreamers frightened her a bit, but more than that, she was just glad to have a little extra help and fun around the palace. The whole land had been dreary for so long what with it falling into a crystallized ruin that having some company seemed to be a nice change of pace. Plus, if what the glass lady said was true, perhaps the ball guests could help save their world, as dying and fading into oblivion was not her first choice of things to do.

At the bottom of the staircase, she noticed her friend, Giselle, standing alone.

"Good evening, Giselle! Are you as thrilled about the company as I am?"
User Image

Mayura followed her queen loyally. "I'm not..." She whispered "My Lady, should we not be searching for a way to save our world so we can send the guests home? or at least let me leave... i really dont like strangers..."

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

Upon hearing Queen Lunae address her and ask her if she was excited about the ball, Giselle LeVert turned to face the queen. Her green face brightened behind her mask as she replied, "I can hardly wait for the guests to begin arriving! It's been so long since we've had a party to brighten this place up. I'm so looking forward to stepping out in my beautiful gown and dancing and flirting..." Her mood and expression changed just a little, and she added with a murmur, "But Mayura's right. I just hope they can keep our whole world from crashing down around us."

Time-traveling Ally

User Image

Stiffling a yawn a figure emerged from the shadows of the corner of the room a sound of sorts following him as he went. His steps were not silent and gave him away easily as they were that of horses hooves.
Clip. Clop. Clip. Clop.
His face was concealed by mask, though his smile was not.
"Greetings.", he called out cheerfully as he looked over those in attendance but his smile faltered as he noted the goblin sorceress, Giselle. He looked aside scrathing his cheek a flush to his cheeks of lighter ashen gray. "You all look so beautiful...Surely hearts will be broken and smitten."
He turned back to them as he fiddled nervously with his sleeves only to flourish a chain of colored scarves. Then stuffing them into his hand he flung the wad into the air which turned to butterflies and flittered about. He grinned to the girls
"By the by...Might I ask where the ever so broding sunshine Brom is? I wonder if perhaps my latest prank came to fruition or not. But perhaps we will see."
The centaur shrugged and crossed his arms with a chuckle.

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

Giselle's heart fluttered as Caliban entered the room, and she was thankful for the mask she was wearing. No one must see the blush that she could feel erupting across her perfectly-made-up green face, although she could sense the blood rushing to the very tips of her pointy ears. And then to hear him compliment the ladies of the court (and of course that included her, did it not?)...that voice and those words did things to a girl, even one who prided herself on being an accomplished flirt. But she knew men like Caliban. She knew that they were funny and smart and knew all the right words to say, but at the end of the day, they would only leave a poor girl heartbroken. Involvement with this witty centaur would surely lead to disaster...but at the same time, Giselle couldn't see the harm in flirting back with him.

She flashed a saucy grin and said, "You're not so bad yourself, horsey man. I just hope that the girls you flirt with keep an eye on their handbags!"

To Caliban's line of inquiry about Brom, Giselle shrugged and said, "I haven't seen him today, but I'm sure he's just trying to scare you by making you wait for him."

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
Typical Giselle to be thinking about flirting. Lunae laughed and poked fun at Giselle, but she knew she'd be doing the same thing. It was her husband's fault that he wasn't around yet to make a move on her in front of the guests. Talking to her friends, she was confident that the night was going to be great fun, but Mayura seemed just a little too uptight to her.

"Mayura, calm down! The glass lady said we had three days, so let's party tonight! We can worry about our own funerals later! Okay?" she said with a smile as she patted the timid girl on the shoulder before walking out to see if she could find any guests arriving yet.
User Image

Personally, I'm glad hes not here. He'd just pick on me... though Mayura, being herself in the only place she could: her thoughts. "Yes, but i feel it would be best if we tried to find a solution before we have a party... His highnes always says 'business before pleasure' does he not?" she said to her queen When she heard Calibans compliment, she squeaked, blushing. "C-C-Caliban! Please! Not here!" she said hurriedly

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
User Image

Giselle was torn between following Queen Lunae's advice to just enjoy the party, and agreeing with Mayura that something needed to be done about their situation, and quickly. But she was fresh out of ideas, and she figured that at this point, the only thing she, or anyone else, could do about the situation was just wait for the guests.

"Well," Giselle mused, "According to the glass lady, the guests were responsible for the decay in the kingdom; maybe, once they see what their lack of sleep has done to the kingdom, they'll be willing and able to fix it. And what better way to convince them, than to give them the time of their lives? If nothing else, maybe a few hours' distraction will help us get our minds off of our problems and rearrange the jumbled thoughts in our minds. That's what usually happens for me when I'm working on a potion or making a dress. Let's just take a break and flirt with the men and eat rich food and dance for a while! Then maybe we can approach the problem with a fresh attitude."

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
Queen Lunae raised an eyebrow at Mayura's comment. Was she seriously quoting her husband? Of all people! Lunae wanted to put her face in her hands and sigh and laugh at the same time, but she refrained as to not make a spectacle of herself. That could wait until later. Instead, she walked over to Mayura, and put her arm around the girl.

"Relax," she said. "And, please, whatever you do, don't quote my husband. I hear enough of that from him." She gave the girl a quick grin, and then continued in a sing song voice. "I think I know what we can do for you." She reached into her luminous sleeves, and pulled out a crystal blue vial with a silvery smoky liquid inside. "Drink this. It will help your nerves."

Somewhere deep down, Lunae immediately regretted her actions.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
"Oh my, what a beautiful place, it's like the palace I saw in my dreams as a child..."
User Image

mayura sighed, believing giselle right. she'd never admit it, but mayura believed giselle would be a far more capable queen then lunae. giselle was kind and rather talented, and mayura was on good terms with her. "oh... perhaps your right giselle..." she said shyly, sighing. she whined as her dress hugged her waist "oh... did you have to make my dress so tight...?" she whined at giselle "it feels like i can barely breathe!" she saw the vial lunar held to her. "what might it be, my lady?" she asked as she carefully took it. she tapped it and uncorked it. the aroma of her favorite treat, chocolate dipped strawberries, enticed her "mmm! it smells like chocolate dipped strawberries!" she took a sip and felt light headed "teehee! i feel light headed!" she giggled. she spotted the new guest and hurried over "hello! i'm mayura!" she said happily. she hiccuped "oops! sorry!"

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Captain Dory
Oh my, what a beautiful place, it's like the palace I saw in my dreams as a child...

User Image
When Lunae spotted a guest entering the palace, she abandoned Mayura, and skurried over to meet the new arrival.

"Welcome to the Eternal Masquerade! I am Queen Lunae, your hostess for this evening. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. And, just for the record, this is the place you saw in your dreams as a child. You're asleep right now, and wandering the world of dreams."

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
LilChibiusa
Captain Dory
Oh my, what a beautiful place, it's like the palace I saw in my dreams as a child...

User Image
When Lunae spotted a guest entering the palace, she abandoned Mayura, and skurried over to meet the new arrival.

"Welcome to the Eternal Masquerade! I am Queen Lunae, your hostess for this evening. I hope that you enjoy yourself here. And, just for the record, this is the place you saw in your dreams as a child. You're asleep right now, and wandering the world of dreams."

That would explain why Captain Dory found herself wearing the costume she always dreamt wearing when she was a heroine in her dreams. Dory bowed to the queen. "It is an honor to meet you Queen Lunae. I am Captain Dory."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff