Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
User Image

The dew was settling on the crystallized flowers as the King and Queen of Dreams descended the spiral staircase from the Hall of Mirrors. Hope permeated the air, or perhaps it only permeated the minds of the royal couple as they watched the dreaming Gaians follow their lead to their ivory castle. As the gentle breezes blew across the land, one could smell faint traces of earth and cinnamon, such an arouma that baffled the senses and could make a person feel as if he or she was in a wonderful daze. The walls of the garden labyrinth parted to make a straight walkway for the guests, and then closed behind them as they entered the royal rose garden that surrounded the palace. Silvery sands trickled from the blooms of red and white roses, and strange and exciting plants lined the stone garden walls. As the guests approached the palace, they were greeted with sweet sonatas played by a small elfin orchestra atop an outside balcony. Lavishly dressed people and creatures twirled around a polished dance floor while pink bubbles hovered overhead. Golden lamps on the brocade walls gave a sense of warmth to the space, as if to say, “All is well.” The eternal masquerade continued much as it always had, giving little time or thought to the decay outside its walls. A masked goblin in red flirted with the cunning harlequin, a shy fairy whispered in low tones to the steadfast guard, and no one took much notice as strangers invaded their midst. All of the dancers knew of the dangers they faced, that their world was slowly turning into empty crystals and hollow glass, but all felt it was better to forget their woes in the romance and mystery of the moment. However, when faced with the reality of visitors, the realm’s inhabitants were suddenly forced to snap out of their magical reverie, if even for a moment.

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
User Image
❂Please follow the Gaia ToS.
❂ Stay on topic. This one if very important. Don't try to change the story into a something else simply because it strikes your fancy. Remember that there are other rooms to visit if you do not like the theme in this particular room.
❂ Do not godmod. This means that you cannot kill another guest or control another person's character. Remember that you are not all powerful, and that you have to work together with your fellow guests to make the story happen.
❂ Do not quote any post on the first page of this thread.
❂ Listen to the staff of this room. If they tell you that something that you are doing is inappropriate, listen to them.
❂ Do not bump or post only an emoticon. We would rather hear from you.
❂ No text speak, profanity, cybering, inappropriate language, or spamming.
❂ DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD TO ANYONE!!!
❂ Beware of phishing attempts. This one is very important. If you see any pop-ups asking you to put in your username and password for any reason, DON'T DO IT! We had a problem with people being hacked in the past, and we don't want a repeat. Also, no member of the Gaia staff or Annual Ball staff will ask you for your password. Guard it very carefully.
❂ For any of the contests in this room, do not solicit votes, even if they're from your friends. We want the judging to be based on quality, and not how many people you can convince to vote for you.
❂ Have fun and be respectful of the other guests!

User Image
User Image

King Summanus
Played by Summanus the Dream King
The Character
King Summanus is the Fae ruler of all of the Dreamlands. He is a wise ruler when he’s not playing pranks on them. He is a bit somber at times and generally prefers to spend time in his garden, tending to his roses. He is quite skilled in magic, making him a bit cocky about his combat skills, though he not as skilled as his brother, Brom. He’s a fairly calm man, more eager to aggravate his assailants then he is to fight them. Though, should anyone harm is beloved Lunae in any way, shape or form, he would not hesitate to annihilate this person from existence.
The Roleplayer
Hello. I am broken_bleeding_angel, but am commonly called Broken. I have been with the Annual Ball since the 7th, though my first ball was the 6th. I was to host the Witches Tower in the 7th Ball as the Witch Queen herself, but had to drop out of that ball due to a family emergency. In the 8th ball I came back as Hades, God of the Underworld and hosted the room with the lovable Aries. I returned again for the 9th ball as Kindness and hosted our outer galactic room with Wrath. And this year I return again, as Hostess of the 10th Annual Ball, and Summanus the Dream King. I am looking forward to this ball and getting to know all of you. ♥

Queen Lunae
Played by LilChibiusa
The Character
She's impulsive, easily excited, and has all sorts of wild ideas. While this in and of itself might not be bad, be is easily upset when her plans don't come to fruition. She tends to make snide remarks when perturbed, and stomps on her husband's feelings in such instances. However, when she's not not upset, she enjoys gardening and socializing. She once tried to learn how to play the flute, but was terrible at it. Naturally, she gave it up after a couple months of practice. While these hobbies might seem innocent enough, she also has long had an unofficial hobby, man-watching. She sometimes not-so-secretly admires hot guys she sees, and unashamedly hits on them, even when her husband is present. She's a huge believer in the magic of love, and often wonders if loving multiple guys will make extra magic.
The Roleplayer
Hi! My name is LilChibiusa, but most of my friends call me Chibi. This is the third year I've worked with the Annual Ball, and I'm delighted to be back here again! During the 8th Annual Ball, I played Ariadne in The Celebration. In the 9th Annual Ball, I hosted the Sloth Room as Lady Sloth. In the real world, I'm a substitute teacher trying to find a job worthy of my shiny, new English degree. I love meeting new people and kitties.

Brom Wyvernbane
Played by Therian Grey
The Character
Captain of the Guard to his older brother, King Summanus, he grew up knowing he would serve his brother during his reign. He was trained by the best weapons masters and strategists. His combat, battle and leadership experience has more than earned him his title of command. He is fiercely loyal to his brother and sister-in-law, but rarely makes that known. He is a gruff, grouchy fellow who is suspicious of anyone outside of his circle of friends, and often appears to be cold and unfeeling. He is intelligent and well educated, and can often appear snarky as a result. However, if you happen to be a beautiful lady, he might have softer affections for you, though I'd beware his advances if I were you.
The Roleplayer
My username is GalateasFire, Galatea from the Pygmalion story...I am 28 years old and I have helped with the Annual Ball in very minor rolls for the past two years. I am an RP beginner but I love developing characters and back stories. I love to draw and read and I will be going through the ball as Therian Grey, one of my own characters and a mule account on Gaia.

Caliban Rocinante Fernst
Played by iNk_mAy
The Character
Caliban is the hooved harlequin of the court, for better or for worse. He is a mysterious and flirtatious trickster, who always enjoys a good joke as well as women and wine, though in truth he has had his eye on a particular member of court for some time. While he may seem confident he is at heart merely an actor. Once outside of a performance he is rather clumsy and shy. But, watch out for him! He has sticky fingers and often doesn't know when enough is enough.
The Roleplayer
What's up Gaians?! Name's is iNk_mAy, mostly people call me Ink or Inky! This is my second year with the ball, and I love it! In the 9th Annual Ball (My very first!), I bummed around in the Sloth Room as Lethargy. Outside of Gaia (What is this you speak of?) I'm a book loving nerd and a doodler. I enjoy sweets and artsy stuffs. I am 21, going on 22 at the end of July. I am also allergic to tomatoes.

Giselle LeVert
Played by Mademoiselle Alvinette
The Character
Giselle is a goblin sorceress who is a lady-in-waiting/protege of the queen. She is highly intelligent and can cast all kinds of complex spells, and she collects spell books. She devotes more time and attention, though, to her true passion: fashion design. She greatly values and appreciates beauty, and she takes care to make sure she looks presentable at all times. Her refined manner makes some think that she is aloof or perhaps snobbish, but she has a good heart and tends to see the beauty in everyone. She loves fine music, art, and poetry, but also has a secret stash of cheap romance books. She secretly has a crush on a certain roguish centaur, but is afraid that he would make a fool of her if he ever found out, so she tends to be more reserved around him.
The Roleplayer
My name is Mademoiselle Alvinette, but I usually go by Alv or Alvy. I'm 26 years old (turning 27 in late August), and this is my second year as a co-host in the Annual Ball. Last year I played Diligence in the Sloth room, and it was so much fun that I decided to participate again this year! I'm about to graduate with a Master's degree in History, and will soon be looking for teaching positions at community colleges. I love Alvin and the Chipmunks and other cute things, knitting, crocheting, sewing (well, learning to sew, anyway), staying up late, watching NYPD Blue reruns, reading, and babbling. Especially babbling.

Mayura Faellel
Played by sailor sunburst
The Character
Mayura is the fairy handmaiden of the queen. This fairy has a beautiful voice, and loves to sing, but she is often too shy to sing in from of anyone other than the queen whom she often follows all over in extremely loyal devotion. Though she is a shy character, she is very sweet and kind-hearted, and can't stand to see anyone in pain or distress.
The Roleplayer
I am sailor sunburst, and in the name of truth and justice, i will punish you! Hey ball-goers! sailor sunburst here! I'm just your friendly Sailor Moon geek! This is my second year working with the ball, my fourth ball overall, and this one is sure to be the best yet! It's a big honor to work on one of Gaia's biggest events, and I hope you all enjoy it~ I'm 17 years old, turning the big 1-8 in March, and singing and music is my passion~ I'm also into anime such as Sailor Moon (DUH!) and Cardcaptors. I'm also a MAJOR Zelda nerd! (for you shippers out there, I don't ship, so don't send me pm's asking my fav pairing >_> ) and I'm also a Brony! yes. a Brony. Sue me! ...Ok not really please! haha! But I'm just your typical anime and game geek, and I also get along well with others, so shoot me a message if you wanna chat! Sailor sunburst says, see ya!

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User Image
Everyone has a spendind time as the guests arrived on Friday night. There was much dancing and laughter despite the threat that their world would soon end. When the guests emerged en masse on Saturday morning, the inhabitants of the Eternal Masquerade decided it was time for action. They formed camaraderies with the guests (although one tried to kill King Sammanus). The Glass Lady appeared briefly and frightened the guests and inhabitants alike. Lunae and Giselle decided to try a spell from a gardening book to heal the magical rose bushes that sustained their land. However, thanks to a missing page of the spell book, the spell backfired, releasing ice pixies into the ballroom, and throwing the guests into a frenzy. The guests managed to dispel the pixies, but everyone was confused as to why the spell didn't work. After some discussion and a failed attempt to mend the spell book, they finally realized that the missing page must be in the School Dream. Everyone went up to the Hall of Mirrors to contact the School Dream, and somehow Granz fell through the mirror, confused and in a daze. Luckily, Granz had the missing page that they needed for the spell. Once everyone had enjoyed each other's company long enough, everyone took Granz upstairs, and shoved him through the mirror back to the School Dream. Afterwards, everyone went downstairs for ice-cream.

User Image
The guests chatted, flirted, talked, fought, and everything in between during the morning. When Queen Lunae woke up, she took a band of guests and her court with her to find the masks needed to complete the spell to save the dream world. While the party was searching, a battle ensued at the castle over the protection of the king. Meanwhile, the guests correctly answered the questions of the guardian frogs that held that Sun Mask. Afterwards, Queen Lunae saw a pixie, and got lost in the labyrinth. While she was still missing, the guests were able to retrieve the Star Mask from a crotchety old gargoyle by freeing him from his bonds. Tensions were running high in the royal court, and it appeared that all of the inhabitants of the land were starting to turn against each other. Lunae returned from the labyrinth with her dress in tatters. She asked Mayura to borrow a dress, and Mayura insulted her, prompting the queen to send her on a meaningless quest in the School Dream. Meanwhile, everyone ventured into the dark forest to retrieve the Moon Mask. Everyone sang in unison for the wood nymph who guarded it, and she returned the mask. Back at the castle, Giselle performed the spell with the three masks and full text to the spell, and the Eternal Masquerade was restored. Unexpectedly, the Glass Lady became a whole, solid person. Everyone celebrated their successes, and vowed to return the next day to have more fun in the dream worlds.

User Image

Everyone was surprised today when Caliban proposed to Giselle, and showed his beautiful face to her. Everyone congratulated them, and wished them well in their life together. Later, everyone went to meet Simon the dragon, and retrieve the earring that he had stolen from Queen Lunae. The guests entertained and distracted the dragon, and the earring was retrieved. When Brom, Giselle, and Caliban joined the mix, everyone took off to join the party in the Spy Dream.

User Image

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User Image
More than anything else, Giselle values wit. If you would like to complete her challenge to you, click HERE to see the crossword puzzle she has made. The first twenty-five people to successfully complete the crossword puzzle will receive 10k!
Complete the Challenge

User Image
Queen Lunae has always been enamored with playing around with things that aren't hers, namely things that might get her in trouble. Therefore, she has found her way to Giselle's laboratory, and has begun experimenting. However, she could greatly use your assistance on what to put in the cauldron. If you would like to help, select any three ingredients from the list, and send your combination to LilChibiusa with the title of "The Queen's Potions." Each successful combination will yield a item that the creator may keep. But, Queen Lunae doesn't like fooling around doing the same experiments over and over, so you can't try the same combination over and over. After ten separate items have been created, the game will end. Each guest may send in one suggestion per day. But, you may only send suggestions while the queen is in.

GAME OVER

Go to Giselle's lab!

User Image
User Image

Growing near the eastern wall of the Queen's garden is a very peculiar tree. Instead of growing fruit or even money, it grows items! From time to time, the tree will bloom and bear items. If someone waters the tree while it is blooming, a random item will drop from the branches! Each person will randomly receive a prize worth anywhere from 500g to 3000g, and might even get lucky and find two prizes! You may not ask for a specific prize or ask to exchange your prize, and each person may only receive one item per day, regardless of how many times he or she waters it. When the tree starts to bloom, Therian Grey will post a picture of a blooming tree in his post, so watch out for it. If you would like to water the tree, PM Therian Grey with the title of "Item Tree," and let her know that you want to water the tree. Be careful! For some strange reason, it will not drop items when it is not blooming, so make sure you check to see if there is a tree next to this description before sending your PM!

User Image

Caliban has a secret that he wants to share with you. Throughout his posts, he will randomly bold a letter that is part of his message to you. If you can manage to put together his clues and find out his secret, you might just win yourself a Forgotten Reverie! Look at the spaces below to see how many letters and spaces are in his message. Please PM all guesses to iNk_mAy.

Congratulations to II BlazeoftheCookies II

_ _ /_ _ _ /_ _ _ _ _ /_ _ _ /_ _ _ _ _ /_ _ _ _ _ _ /_ _ _ /_ _ _ _.

User Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Welcome to our annual avatar contest! As with each room, there are two parallel contests to determine the King and Queen. This isn't your usual tektek contest. In fact, the only avatars that matter are the ones that you're wearing! If you win from your category and are crowned King or Queen of Fantasy, your entry will move on and automatically be entered in the contest to determine the King and Queen of Dreams! If you would like to enter, PM me, Summanus the Dream King, with the subject-line "Avatar Contest." I will save a picture of your avatar, and post in the list of entries. Then, I will PM you back letting you know that you have been entered and may change your avatar if you wish. Alternately, you can send me a screenshot that you have already uploaded to your own photo account, but you have to be wearing that same avatar when you send it to me just to keep things fair. You can wear anything that you thinks fits the theme of this dream. Just be creative!

User Image

❂ All votes must be pm`d to Summanus the Dream King by Monday at 2am EST/11pm Sunday PST.
❂ You may only enter the King OR the Queen category, not both.
❂ You may only enter an avatar contest in one room. If you enter an avatar contest in another room, you may not participate in the one in this room. If you are caught doing this, you will be disqualified.
❂ Advertising your entry is not allowed. If you are caught begging for votes either via a thread of your making or through PMs, you will be disqualified.
❂ You may not solicit votes. That means that when the voting goes up, you can't start a thread asking people to vote for you. This also means that you can't beg anyone to vote for you.

User Image

King: Forgotten Reverie, August 2012 MC Letter, 150K
Queen: Forgotten Reverie, August 2012 MC Letter, 150k

User Image

For King:

Arkan Magnus -User Image Clockwork Alchemist -User Image HDMI –User Image
NikolaiTelsa –User Image SeeMore801 –User Image

VOTE HERE!:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/10th-annual-ball/fantasy-room-s-king-contest/t.81692743/

For Queen:

Branama- User Image CaptainDory - User Image ConfuzzledCookies - User Image
Dai Inu – User ImageDramadon – User ImageEsthyer Cloyse – User Image
Floni – User ImageHalo Cyan – User ImageIced Star – User Image
Kaleadra – User ImageKira_Urufu – User ImageMissMysteriuex – User Image
raptorshinigami – User Imageroyal22 – User Image ShexylleStradivari – User Image
x-OhhAkla – User Image

VOTE HERE!:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/10th-annual-ball/queen-of-fantasy-voting-part-1/t.81694313/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/10th-annual-ball/queen-of-fantasy-voting-part-2/t.81694287/

User Image

King: HDMI
User Image
Queen: ShexylleStradivari
User Image
User Image
User Image
Do you like art? More specifically, do you like creating art? If so, this is the contest for you! You can draw any or all of the cast members from this dream, or anything else directly relating to this dream that interests you. You may PM your entries to me at any time, and they will be displayed here. However, if you want to be considered for prizes, please have your art submitted by 2PM Eastern time on Sunday. Your peers will vote on your art, and the top three winners will receive prizes.

User Image

❂ PM all entries to me, Summanus the Dream King, by Tuesday at 6AM EST if you wish to be considered for prizes.
❂ All art must be your own. If you are found to be stealing someone else's work, you will be disqualified.
❂ You may send us as many pieces of art as you like, but only one will be eligible for the contest. Please specify which piece you would like entered if you are submitting multiple pieces.
❂ You may change which piece you want entered any time before the entry deadline. Just PM me for any changes you wish to make.

User Image

First Place: Forgotten Reverie, 150k
Second Place: 100k,
Third Place: 40k,
Fourth Place: 10k,

User Image

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/225/2/b/queen_lunae__lineart__by_kez_mani-d5azxa2.jpg By Kez Mani

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h85/sand_jedi/eeee.jpg by sand_jedi

http://i.imgur.com/oRyVo.png by Happy Pants Salesman

http://wave-on-fire.deviantart.com/art/Dream-Queen-320811882 by ScaletLetters

http://bundyangel15.deviantart.com/art/Queen-Lunae-320973306 by Bundyangel

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b253/Aifian/Untitled-1.png by Aifian

http://www.iaza.com/work/120814C/iaza18001316311300.png by Syrabella

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/kankyfangirl1234/Ballentry.jpg by Ms Jizzerton

ninjaclimbs
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l214/kuraimizu_2006/contest.png

User Image

First Place: Happy Pants Salesman
Second Place: Bundyangel
Third PLace: ninjaclimbs
Fourth Place: Ms Jizzerton

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image
User Image

Mayura was wandering around the library one day when a certain leather bound with and emerald spine caught her eye. She sat down on a cushy seat by the window and began to read a delightful tale. However, just when it started getting good, she turned the page to discover that the rest of the pages were blank, or rather completely black as if they were all soaked in black ink. Fortunately, there were many guests like you around the castle because of the ball, and since you're such a generous person, you decide to write the rest of the story for her! Now, look below to see what she has read so far!

User Image

That's it! The story ends there! Now, it's your job to finish the rest of the story! However there are rules for how you must finish it!

User Image

❂ Send all entries to LilChibiusa via PM before Monday at noon Eastern time if you wish to be eligible for prizes.
❂ Each participant may submit only one story into the contest, but may change it any time before the deadline.
❂ All stories must have at least 250 words, not including the introduction.
❂ All stories must be PG-13 or below.
❂ You may not ask someone to write your story for you.

The winners will be judged by the room staff.

SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED

User Image
First Place: Forgotten Reverie, 150k
Second Place: 100k
Third Place: 40k
Fourth Place: 10k

User Image

View Entries

User Image
1st Place - Madam Obscurum
2nd Place - azn_kid677
3rd Place - Delavie
4th Place - pippilover2

(All of the stories were wonderful, and I had a very hard time choosing just four winners. You guys are some awesome writers!)

User Image

Playful Nerd

16,300 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageUser Image
User Image

❂ I would like to thank GalateasFire for doing the sig art for the cast of this room.

❂ I would like to thank pinch of salt and pepper for doing the banners and graphics that you see in this room. I would also like to thank her for making our beautiful post styles!

❂ I want to thank everyone who contributed art to this room to make it so much fun to look at.

❂ I want to thank the people who contributed stories that were so much fun to read.

❂ I want to thank Mademoiselle Alvinette for coming up with our crossword puzzle.

❂ I want to thank GalateasFire, iNk_mAy, sailor sunburst, and broken_bleeding_angel for taking part in the grueling task of riddle making.

❂ I want to thank LilChibiusa for making the test thread for this room.

❂ I want to thank everyone in this cast for all of the hard work they've put into getting this ball ready!

❂ And, finally, I want to thank all of the guests who hung out in this room! Without you, this ball couldn't have happened!

User Image

Time-traveling Ally

Beloved Agent

13,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Object of Affection 150

GalateasFire's Husband

Dangerous Lunatic

Eloquent Fairy

7,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250