Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codebreaking Investigator

Crystalloid

Then she would nod at the apparent detective that had stumbled in. A detective in the agency's HQ? Suspicious--but Sheila wasn't worried. "What's wrong, detective? Had enough of being a hardboiled egg?"

She looked over at the agent and gave another small huff. "Ah've been boilin' fer quite a while, Mac... Ah came tah dat ball tah cool off, you know? Then dat... lady came an put us all tah sleep." As she speaks, she becomes lost in thought, trying to make sense of the situation. A mystery... thankfully solving mysteries is what she does best.

"Well, since ahm 'ere, guess ah'll put mahself tah use. Ya said sumthin' bout trainin', right, Mac?"
User ImageUser Image

After listening to her favorite records more times than she could count and trying to break the more difficult of the codes she was working on, Lydia needed a break and a drink. She stuffed her notes back into her briefcase and left the room, making sure the door was locked securely behind her and the dial of the combination lock was set at zero.

Making her way back to the parlor, she noticed a couple more people there, including Sheila, Oliver, a bartender, and a woman who appeared to be a detective. "Hello dahlings," Lydia greeted everyone as she swept into the room. "What's new today?"

Shameless Player

11,050 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Champion 300
After lurking by the coffee machine and self-consciously pretending to pore over the contents of her briefcase for what seemed like an eternity, a rather young-looking woman in an outfit that seemed more befitting to a funeral-goer than a spy gathered the courage to talk to her new coworkers. The only time she had been inside this building was when she had interviewed for the job over three weeks prior, and none of the elegant, seasoned-looking agents present this evening were there at that time. The new and inexperienced agent, Miss Anabella Reed, couldn't decide if she felt overdressed or underdressed, but she was certainly uncomfortable. Finally, the woman (who had the appearance of being about 16, but was actually 21 and a college graduate) closed her briefcase and walked over to her fellow agents.

"Hello, agents. My name is Anabella Reed, and I've just been hired. Got anything I can help with?"
whats the annual ball for?

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

She perked up as she mentioned a lady putting everyone to sleep. Suddenly, things were so much more interesting. The detective was giving some good intel here! Behind those shades, Sheila's eyes widened just a tad. On the one hand, she had to know more, but they were still obligated to get started with the new recruits.

She couldn't resist her curious tendencies. "Mmm, if you'd really like to be a spy rather than a detective, I will welcome you with open arms....in just a bit. That lady, was she the glass lady, perhaps?"

A new and rather youthful recruit made her way over as Lydia turned up at the door, and Sheila grinned at the woman's breezy question."That is indeed the question, Ms. Blaise! I'm hoping the wonderful detective here can tell us exactly what is new!"

To their new fellow agent, the woman smiled again warmly. "Pleasure to have you on board, Anabella! Lydia over here might have something more specific for the lot of you to help with, but if you've got any information on the glass lady, I'm all ears."

Sexy Goat

30,600 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image

Ahum!

Gentlemen?

I never was really on your side...

Timid Explorer

Sargent cat

(( Right this way, good sir, read this: clicky! ))

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

To the newcomer, Sheila's hearty laugh echoed within the walls. "And ladies, too. But welcome to the agency, dear."

(( TF2! XD ))

(OH GOD, A TF2 SPY. XD)

She gave a small fleeting smile at the agent's offer. "Sorry, Mac, ahm more uv'a lone wolf, so dah sayin' goes. But ah can tell ya what ah know 'bout dat 'Glass Lady.'"

She then looked around at the new faces, examining them for a bit before answering the question from the other lady in the trenchcoat. "Dere's been way too much new fer mah tastes today, Mac... All these portals an' mirrors an' dreams... Enough tah make someone go mad."
User ImageUser Image

Lydia greeted the new agents warmly. "Pleased to meet you, Anabella! Welcome to the team. Up for some codebreaking?" To the detective, she said, "Aw, too bad. We could really use somebody with some detective skills to join our little group."

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

Sheila nodded at all of them in agreement, then returned her attention to the detective.

"Fine by me, doll. Do tell about this mysterious Glass Lady, though. I'd love to hear more, you see, for the agency is rather...concerned about what her presence might mean."

Shameless Player

11,050 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Champion 300
Anabella smiled sheepishly at her clearly more confident and competent counterparts before she remembered to keep her business face on.

"No, I'm afraid I don't have any new information about her, other than the various reports that she dropped some kind of mysterious substance over the ballgoers. Perhaps we should send someone in to inspect the scene? In the meanwhile, though, what can I do, Lydia?"

She folds her arms as she watches the agent with wonderful taste in trenchcoats. "Ay now, ah never said ah wouldn't help, just dat ah wouldn't be ah spy..."

She then turned her attention back to the red-haired woman who seemed to be the boss. "Well, ah'd gone tah the ball, with a lotta other Gaians, when dis lady appeared, dah Glass Lady. Said sumthin' bout us staying up late an' not dreamin' enough- hey, ah can't help dat ah'm nocturnal- den she took out dis stuff... kind'ah looked like sand er glitter... an' threw it on us. Next thing ah know, ah'm in ah room with mirrors, an' when ah jump through one, ah end up 'ere..." She then took a long pause, half trying to remember what happened and half trying to soak in the situation. "Ah hope dat helps ya some, Mac..."

Barton Citizen

User Image

User Image

She didn't match this dream, but it didn't matter... it was busy! So much information and... life. Still barefoot, she entered quietly, empty eyes watching the players.

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

The woman took a few moments to take in the delicious intel from the detective before nodding at all of them again and responding with a rather determined tone. "Thanks much for that, doll. That helps a bunch, truly. I've got to go type up a few more reports with this new, very valuable information, then I might see if I can try to do some investigation--which is a fine suggestion from you, by the way, Anabella. But I'll see you agents--and detective, of course--later."

A wave, and then Sheila disappeared into her office, even just as the Glass Lady herself snuck into their room.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff