Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

A feminine figure could be seen in the dark of the parlour, lingering in the shadow. The woman smiled to herself, her lips curling in a darkly mischievous grin.

"So it has begun," she would chuckle to herself.

Enduring Paladin

14,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tycoon 200
User ImageUser Image

Out of the shadows, a shorter figured slowly stepped forward. A light chuckle could be heard. It takes another step forward into the light, revealing and smaller man, no an elf, very sharply dressed. He lifts the front of his fedora and says, "Sheila, why are you always so suspicious?"

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

The woman looked up nonchalantly to regard the newcomer through her impassive black shades, before letting one hand rest on her hip and sticking the other one out to waggle at him matter-of-factly.

"Why, it's my job, don't you know?" the woman teased. She took a few steps towards her companion and her cheeky grin spread even wider as she gave him a nod. "But good evening to you, too, Oliver."
User ImageUser Image
The door opened, and a dark-haired woman in a short tan trench coat breezed into the parlour, her long, fishnet-stockinged legs stepping in time to a jazz tune that only she could hear. As her strappy sky-high heels clicked across the floor, she examined her face and hair in the mirror of a tiny compact she carried in one hand. Satisfied that her wavy hair was still pinned in place and that her makeup wasn't smudged, she returned the compact to one of the pockets of her coat and looked around the rest of the room to see who else was there. So far, only two people sat in the shadows of the parlour. The dark-haired woman--one Lydia Blaise (at least, that was the name she usually gave) was disappointed that there were so few men around to flirt with, but she knew they would probably be around later. In the meantime, there was work to be done. The woman in the corner was sitting in a dark spot, but Lydia had been working for the agency long enough to recognize the silhouettes of her employer and a fellow agent.

"Hello, daaahlings," Lydia purred as she sat down with her two co-conspirators in the espionage game. "How are you two tonight?"

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

Sheila's attention was then stolen again (well played, Ms. Blaise) when Lydia whisked herself inside, fussing with her appearance as usual. The woman did, admittedly, have quite fantastic hair--though this was a fact the shady shades-clad lady would keep to herself as her fellow agent sat herself down. A quick wave of the hand as their colleague greeted them in her ever-melodious tones.

"Glad you could join us, Lydia," the woman crooned back, "I'm doing just divine, myself, but it's been a terribly slow day. Have you got anything new and especially juicy to share tonight?"
User ImageUser Image
"Well," Lydia replied in a hushed-yet-excited tone, "I heard a rumor that the party's about to start in the fantasy realm, but my sources say there're no guests yet. Other than that, I have nothing to report. Just some stuff to decode." She patted the briefcase beside her and smiled. She really did love her work.

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

"Oh? How dandy! I've always had an affinity for fairy tales," Sheila noted casually before her eyes were drawn to the briefcase as it was patted. She smirked, though it was genuinely more pleasant than it was malicious.

"I'm certain those codes are in good hands, then, since you are, of course, the best there is when it comes to cryptography. I only hope they can be of use to us!"
User ImageUser Image

"Why, thank you!" Lydia replied with a not-at-all-cocky smile, not surprised at all to hear her skills being complimented. She liked to think that she had brains and beauty, and her cryptography skills hadn't failed the agency yet. She continued, "I'm sure that I'll be able to get some of these things finished soon, and I can always give the easier stuff to my trainees! Say, when are our new agents supposed to be arriving at HQ tonight?"

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

She gave a shrug; currently, that was one of the few things that Sheila didn't know around here, and she knew a lot. Such was the perks that came with a job like hers.

"Sorry, love. If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the bulk of them might finally saunter in tomorrow, for I've not seen any arrive yet. But you sure sound exicited to break them in, if I'm not mistaken!"
User ImageUser Image
Lydia grinned. "Well, the agency certainly needs new blood--the three of us can't run our departments by ourselves forever--and I need new contacts!" And new guys to flirt with too, though she wouldn't admit that in front of fellow agents.

Enduring Paladin

14,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tycoon 200
User ImageUser Image

Oliver found the nearest armchair and sat himself down, seeing that not much could be done until the new recruits arrived. He cracked his knuckles loudy and stretched his arms. "To be honest, Sheila, I was kind of looking forward to giving out some assignments myself this evening." He laid back in his chair and looked up at the ceiling. "But I guess watching over the ball for any news won't be too boring while we wait." He lowered his head back down. "Provided we have some lively guests arrive."

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

Sheila nodded to the both of them, before quickly heading into one of the rooms to retrieve some cool refreshments for the three of them. Waiting was always the most agonizing, but still necessary, part of the game. But that didn't mean any of them had to particularly like it all that much.

Returning to the table, she set the drinks out for each of them--just a nice splash of lemonade. She raised her glass, intent on toasting with her colleagues. "Here's to some more action, and hopefully soon!"
User ImageUser Image

"Hear, hear!" Lydia replied as their glasses of lemonade clinked together. "If we don't get new agents in here soon, the enemy could capture all of us...our entire operation could be over." Taking a sip of lemonade, she continued, "I don't even want to think about that. But...what can we do now? We need to find information. Who's this glass lady we heard about? Does she have agents working for her? So many questions...maybe we can bounce ideas off of each other and get some answers."

Enduring Paladin

14,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Tycoon 200
User ImageUser Image

Oliver raised his glass as well and lightly touched it against Sheila's. "Hear, hear!" he exclaimed in full agreement. He took a light sip of the cool beverage, savored it for just a moment, and sighed.

Timid Explorer

User ImageUser Image

Sheila laughed at Lydia's slight paranoia, though it was gentle mocking. "Lydia, please. You worry far too much about such things. We're master spies."

Her expression, however, sobered at her friend's mention of a glass lady, and the woman shot Oliver a bemused look, too. Seemed like Sheila was a little behind on the times. "Glass lady? I haven't heard of anything like that. Do enlighten me."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff