Welcome to Gaia! ::

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

( UNORIGINAL TITLE IS UNORIGINAL! )

So a weekend of dancing, wearing costumes, and just having fun overall. Weeeee! Just what I needed! I've got messages and don't wanna just throw them all in one thread in case those anons missed my reply.

You can also hang out around here. I don't mind it at all! Nice to have some conversation going.

( Roleplay wise, to those who know my character and all, she's not herself right now. Replies can give that away. Can be explained if needed. So, fair warning! She'll try and fool you into thinking she's Kate. )

Music starts at 11-12 sec mark.

Enjoy the ball!

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Message: As you wander the ball, you feel as though you are being watched. You turn and see a woman with long black and gold hair watching you, a red and black mask obscuring most of her face. She seems to be smiling as she walks past you, gently pressing a red box into your hands. Despite her being unusually tall far a woman and her distinctive hair coloring, you quickly lose sight of her as she moves through the crowds. You look down at the box and notice a note tucked under the red ribbon:

Smiles are the reflections of sadness,
Pushing you to total madness,
A mask of better times,
The maker of unwilling crimes.

Foolish as one smitten by the smiles of a nymph,
Not seeing the forest for the trees,
Innocence not, surely the tease.

Captured caged by erotic dreams,
Bars of lace unbreakable streams,
Drowning my passion screams.

Prisoner of innocence, smiles of sadness,
Gaol of lust driving madness,
Can you not see the forest,
Deception illusions conjuring tricks.

The smile, is it what it seems,
Only in ones dreams,
Come closer see me as I am,
My smile the face of a clown,
Only a misshapen frown.

-Bittersweet Anon

She looked down at the box the woman had given her. Concern grew inside. So, that woman is lurking around the ball too. She'll probably catch onto me quickly. I'll need to act like Kate as close as possible. Shouldn't be too hard with her idiotic kindness.

(( Bitter! You're here as well! Thank you for the message! Loved the poem. <3 ))

Quote:
Message: The chill of the night causes you to hurry down the dark street. Fog from the ocean drifts across the small town enveloping everything like a cloak. It swirls around you as if it had a mind of its own. The clacking of your footsteps slows to a stop as walls of fog surround you on each side. It wraps around you like a cocoon and the sounds of the night fade away. The cold increases as does your heart when the fog suddenly starts to feel like a tomb. Your breath comes out faster as you stumble blindly ahead in an attempt to get out of the fog.

Panicked, you continue on through the fog not even realizing that the concrete of the sidewalk has turned to marble. The mist thins and you come to a dead stop as your mind is wiped free of thought.

You are not on the sidewalk anymore.

You are not even sure if you are in your town anymore. Dark walls of a hallway grace your sides with small candles being the only source of light. Double doors made of oak loom only a few yards ahead of you. The air is heavy with humidity and the smell of candles burning makes you feel dizzy. The panic feeling fills you once more as you whirl around taking in your surroundings. What the hell is going on here? The shadows in the room seem to twist and dance out towards you like a hand reaching out. You stumble away from the nearest shadow nearly falling in the process.

The double doors open with a loud creak and bright light shines into the room obliterating any shadow. For a few seconds, spots dance across your vision as you grow accustom to the new change in lighting. A girl around your age stands in the center of the now open doors and tilts her head as she peers at you through a silver masquerade mask. She wears a light blue gown that matches with her pale blue eyes and a white rose corsage covers her left wrist.

You stare at her dumbfounded and the girl laughs softly. She walks into the hallway towards you, "We so rarely get guests here. I must apologize for not greeting you straight away," she curtsies before taking your hand and leading you out of the hallway.

You follow her through the double doors, still in shock, and are greeted with the sounds of music. Laughter and the noise of conversations follow it as you walk into a large ballroom. The marble gold floors shine under a thousand candles that line the crimson walls and the golden chandeliers that hand from the high ceiling.

The band plays across the room on a slightly raised stage just barely making them visible over the crowd of people in the room. Dancers waltz across the center of the room as onlookers converse on the outskirts of the room. Waiters and waitresses in white flow between the groups while holding silver trays with glittering glasses of wine on top of them. The men of the room wear dark color clothes of passed fashions, while the woman wear extravagant ball gowns.

Your feet come to a stop as surprise and wonder steal control of your body. It feels as if you have stepped into a ballroom party of the past.

The girl leading you smiles at you as she too comes to a stop, "Welcome to the party,&

Before you can speak, a gentleman takes your hand and leads you onto the dance floor. As if in a dream, you follow his lead across the marble floors of the dance. The room is so full of life and cheerfulness that it is infectious. Soon, you are laughing and smiling as you trade to a new dance partner. The band continuously plays from one song to a next as if they had a hundred years worth of songs memorized.

You are breathless from dancing as you escape away to the sides of the dance floor. A waiter appears by your side with a grin and hands you a glass of wine as if already knowing that you had been just thinking about claiming one for yourself. He winks before disappearing amongst the crowd of people. You find yourself in a continuous flow between conversation with guests and dances on the ballroom floor. You begin to lose track of time and the wine is the best that you have ever had. It is only much later that the girl from earlier comes to your side and you smile at her.

"Enjoying the party?" she asks.

You nod your head and explain that you are having the time of your life. She laughs at this and her eyes twinkle merrily. You begin to say something else, but the ringing of a clock drowns out all other noise. Startled, you look around for the clock but see nothing. No one else seems affected by it since they still continue to talk and dance. The clock continues to ring harshly through the room and the light from the candles seems to grow dimmer. Rich colors seems to pale and a cool breeze flows through the air. The guests of the party seem to fade and then solidify like a light struggling to stay alive.

Confusion races through you as you notice all these changes, but no one else seems to mind. The clock rings its ninth toll and a cool hand touches your arm gently. You face the girl whose colors have now faded just as the others have.

"Do you wish to come with us?" she tilts her head curiously and holds out a hand to you.

Your heart seems to pause and the breath catches in your throat as a sudden fear strikes you. You are completely confused now, but for some reason that outstretched hand scares you more than anything you have faced in your life. The Phantom nods upon seeing your expression and she fades out of existence before your eyes. The clock rings one final time placing the room into a sudden stillness.

Darkness surrounds you as you stand-alone in a ballroom that has been abandoned for over a hundred years. Dust and dirt covers the marble floor making it look black. Glass and wood lay broken across the room. Intricate spider webs have made their home in the tarnished chandeliers above and moonlight streams through boarded up broken windows. The room is completely silent. Music or laughter has not been heard in it for a long, long time. As you breath, clouds forms and it is only now that you realize that you are shaking from cold. It feels as if you have been in an ice locker for hours.

Your teeth clatter as you look around the dead ballroom with astonished eyes. A white glow draws your eyes downwards where you see a white rose and a small note with your name on it placed down at your feet. You pick it up and read:

It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed the party. Perhaps, you could join us again one day when the tolling of the clock does not worry you...

---- Phantom Anon

She shook her head, thinking it was all a dream. The girl was still standing in the abandoned ballroom. Gazing around, she had wondered what the spirit did to make it all so real. "Of course. Spirits tend to do that." I guess Kate had her little fun before I came back. Heh, she thought, walking over to a shattered window. "Won't happen again. I'll stay in control as long as I can. Now... Shall we return?" Pulling the shawl further up her arms, she made her away outside and returned to the party.

(( Thank you for the message, Phantom! ))

Quote:
Yes the time
It is once more
the time for the Ghetto Ninja
To return!

The Hunger that came
from this natural reaction
for my body knew of this need
food it rumbled I need it so
this need for food was just like any other
this normal procedure of my body
only present to keep me right!

The Clan is back once more, to create utter chaos on this day!
~The Ghetto Ninja.~

The darker half crossed her arms wondering what the ninja was talking about. A Clan? She didn't know of this. Maybe Kate knew about this but didn't want to take the chance of her reclaiming her body. "If you're hungry, find something to eat. I don't know where complaining about it gets you." She smirked upon hearing the word "chaos". "Although, chaos is something I rather enjoy."

(( Thank you for the message! Well, the first. Also... SHINING HAIR OF TRIUMPH! ))

Quote:
Message: A date that as long since passed yet the clan, we do not care.

We observe this world from afar as time passes by.

This world we call home
this place of wonderful beauty
slowly we are killing it
this place of wonders
slowly dying.

The clan are watching you.

~The Ghetto Ninja.~

"Nothing wrong with a little killing. Although..." She thought about the other half. "She never did enjoy waking up to a slaughter in progress." The dark mage shrugged her shoulders. "Nice to see her breakdown. Such a weak child."

(( Thank you for the second message! ))

Quote:
A bright red title flashes before your eyes.
"Medical authorities in Cumberland have concluded that in all cases the killers are eating the flesh of the people they murdered."
Bits and pieces of the writing seem to draw your attention.
"Can I pose a question; How do you kill what is dead?"
"He use to be your friend, that was another life, with this single bullet; we're going to blow his mind."
"Nail up all the windows. They've come to settle a score."
"This is the end of the world, or just the start of a fight? You better heed my warning and watch out for their bite. They have a taste for your flesh and for your blood they will crave. They are coming for us now from beyond the grave."

- Rudy Eugene

"You mean zombies?" She rose her eyebrow while reading the rest. "Killing those inhuman creatures isn't such a hard task. You just need to cut off the lifeline that keeps them among this world."

(( Thank you for the message! ))

Quote:
Message: You arrive at the ball, dressed to the nines! You dance happily with would-be suitors, & mingle with friends & other socialites. A tall figure, with a top hat that makes him to seem even taller, catches your eye as he passes you by quietly. He is dressed in midnight blue & gold. Thinking nothing of it, you go back to the festivities. You go to the balcony for some fresh air; after all, the entire ballroom is quite warm. The same figure from before is out on the balcony when you arrive. ''H-Hello,'' he stutters, ''I -I hope y-you have had fun.'' You nod at him & say yes. He is shy, & you can barely make out his face for the black & gold mask, & the top hat for this reason. Yet, you can make out a pair of ethereal teal eyes that almost glow & a few chestnut locks. He holds out his white gloved hand as a new song floats out from the ballroom. ''C-Care t-t-to dance?'' he asks. You nod & take his hand. The young man pulls you into a waltz that is fluid & slow. He is surprisingly good for someone of his stature. Soon the song ends, & you feel him break away. You look up to see his gone, a crystalline dustfloating on the wind. However, a gift is left sitting on the balcony railing. Its tag reads, ''I may not be able to fix my own heart, but I will fix yours.''

~Arron the Lythcol Mechanic

During the waltz, the girl had recalled a man like this while Kate was involved. She tried to remember what he went by. Something with Ar. Names that sound like it. Aaron? No... Aron? Doesn't have the right ring. I need to pay attention more often... As the mechanic disappeared, she glanced over at the balcony railing to see a box sitting on it. Surprising, nothing tipped it off. Curiously walking towards it, she spotted a tag attached to it. "Ooh, Arron. I was close." The dark mage leaned herself against the railing with a smirk across her face. So, he's one of her little friends. I'll have to remember that.

(( Thank you for the message, Arron! ))
(( Ooooh! Magic stuffs! *pauses, pouts, and turns her head away from you* Doesn't excuse the fact that you did it again. Just you wait... I'll get you back. Thank you, though. <3 ))

Quote:
Message: You're wandering through the thread chatting with people, exchanging gifts when you hear clumsy footsteps and a grumbling voice heading towards you. You move a bit into the shadows watching as a short lady in a blue-green dress hat and heels comes through stumbling a bit with two huge red gas cans. "Goddamn it Thunderbird! My feet are gonna fall off and I'll have to kill someone. If YOU didn't run out of gas, we wouldn't be lost!" A blue matchbox car on her shoulder replied, "Well if you kept the gas cans filled, I wouldn't've ran outta gas. Walk barefoot maybe?" "I filled them both LAST TIME! And your tank!" "Yeah then we went to Ocean City and stuff happened remem- OI!" He broke off as the lady tripped over something -probably her heels- and fell. When you tried to help her up she creeped away and tripped again. "Hey, you wouldn't know where there's a ga-" She cuts off as a man in a bannanna suit suddenly runs by "Ono?? What the hell?? I give up." Mo tosses a gift to you and heads off barefoot.

+Mathematical Outlier+

"Uh huh..." She was rather confused as to what happened. The dark mage didn't really care, though. Picking up the gift box, she had wondered if Kate had to go through this sort of thing during such times. Guess I'll be seeing humans like her around here.

Quote:
Message: A knock on your door occurs before your just about to leave for the ball. You open your door to find not a single soul is there, but a small black package is on your door step. There's a card on it reading "From The Lady In The White Trench Coat."

"Strange..." she said, looking at the package. Shrugging her shoulders, she placed the black gift box on the table before heading off. "Nothing I probably have to worry about."

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Message: roses are but no violets are blue most are quite purple this much is true

She crossed her arms and looked unamused. "Violets are violets. Why would someone say they're blue...? Just seems like they don't know a common flower."

(( NO! DON'T KILL THAT! THEY ARE BLUE! Thank you for the message! ))

Quote:
Message: As you wander the ball, you have the feeling that someone is watching you. You look around and are unable to see anyone it could be, especially since the feeling almost feels hostile. Uneasy, you retreat further into the crowds only to trip on a white box. Frowning, you pick it up and notice a note tucked under the blue ribbon:

Something isn't right, and I will find out what and why.

-Falinn

Find out? She crumbled the note in her hand before continuing her wander around. So, this is the "boss" Bitter was talking about. Hiding out of sight, she quickly used a spell to burn away the paper. She was now worried she could be exposed at any given time. I don't want those fools finding out I'm not the real owner in control. I just gotta continue what I'm doing and I'll get away easily.

(( Thank you for the message, Falinn! ))

Quote:
With my humblest regards, presented here is a portrait of you.

User Image

Yours faithfully,
Ciel Phantomhive

(( OH MAH GAWD. I don't care if glasses are the new masks, this is awesome! I love it! Now I must go put this in my signature. emotion_kirakira Thank you very much!! ))

Quote:
Message: You know this feeling; the feeling of someone close by. Before you can turn, you feel a pair of arms snatch you around your middle and a head curl against your neck. "Hello, again," Dante croons, smiling to you, "I do apologize for my ... many absences." he seemed to shift uncomfortably, but as gentle as you please, turns you around in his hands, gently taking one of yours and begins a slow waltz. "I have to say, you look as ravishing as always." he smiles, leaning his head to press against yours. "I do hope you weren't to lonely without me?"

The dance continued until he twirled you once, and brought your back to press into his. "I trust this gift will be enough for you to forgive me." he whispers against your ear as you feel something light against your chest. Something cold, metallic. You look down to see a gold necklace.

x-Dante the Incubus

The dark mage was rather amused to see an incubus around here. That, and he knew Kate. Well, this is interesting. Although, I don't know this one. How can I fool him if I don't know how to respond? No other choice... She turned around to face him, a smirk on her seemingly innocent face. She caressed his cheek. "I'm sorry, Incubus. I am not the one you seek. She's sleeping, at the moment." She lowered her hand back to her side. "Maybe the next time you two meet it'll be her and not me."

(( Thank you for the message, Dante! ))

Quote:
Message: "Oh? That's too bad." Dante pouts, raising his fingers to curl through your hair. "I do hope I see her again; life hasn't quite been the same without her spunk." he smirked, looking down to you. "I trust you'll send her my regards?" he teased, leaning closer to you, "and, perhaps, this?" he presses his lips to yours.

After a moment he pulled from the kiss and chuckled, "So she knows I haven't given up on her."

x-Dante the Incubus

After the kiss, a small chuckle slipped from her mouth. "Of course. Who knows? Maybe she'll have enough strength to takeover later. I'll give her the message if this does happen."

Quote:
Soft golden rays to fill my wolfish heart,

Your sweet breath teases my naked skin,
So warm and moist like a southern breeze,

Your scent the perfume of night blooming flowers,
Your taste salty and tangy like the warm sea air,

Your body trembles at my slightest touch,
A willow tree shook by the lusty wind,

Your mossy rise is so dewy and inviting,
Softly, and seductively, it calls for me,

To kneel and taste your secret delights,
Lost in a vortex of your endless desire,

As the harvest moon looms overhead,
Bathing our flesh in it's soothing light.

-The Master

"My Master?" she asked, curiously. A small laugh came from her as a villain-like smile was placed on her face. "Now, now. I don't know if this happens a lot but I follow no one. However, maybe a switch of roles wouldn't hurt. I can be the master and you could be my servant. I swear, I'll make it enjoyable."

Quote:
Ready to devour me completely,
Dragged under your table,
Made hard by anticipation,
My naked flesh a fresh canvas,
For your lipstick covered lips,
Crazy patterns spin us wildly,
Mark me as yours forevermore.

Rings of red run up and down,
Each inch another encircles me,
Marking each gasp and moan,
Coaxed out by your hungry mouth,
Till no space is left bare or dry,
My love, rock your head and sigh,
Upon that pillar raised so high,
To make me spill my seed for you.

-The Master

"Oh dear, I believe this is where your fun ends." She walked around carefully examining you. Before you could say something, she had begun a spell that would bind you where you stand. "Out of sight from all the nice folks enjoying themselves. A night of lust is not what I seek. Maybe someday but not with you." She looked around for some sort of sharp object that could pierce through skin. "Tell me, who would break first? Her or you?"

(( Sorry. I don't wish to cause you harm but she does. Thank you for the second message! ))

Quote:
Message: What do tigers dream of when they take their little tiger snooze? Do they dream of mauling zebras, or Halle Berry in her Catwoman suit? mew @w@

The dark mage rose her eyebrow. "How would I know? I don't think of such when it comes to tigers... Halle who?"

(( NO. NO. NO. *pouts* You are SO lucky I don't know who you are. Thank you so much, though! ))

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Message: Another day Gone... Another day to Go... Then so on untill we Reach the end of our Road... Athough then I hope to feel complete... But till then I wont admit defeat

User Image

"Very good for you, then. However, you don't know what could be on that road. It can come a lot sooner than you expected."

Quote:
I top thee with a paddle, crop and cane
Your soul to reach, when feeling pleasure's pain
And in thrashing, see your passion reach that place -
I top thee into ecstasy's sub-space.
I top the with hemp rope and iron chains,
I top thee with a thousand loving pains,
Of pinwheel sharp and feathers soft and blindfold black,
I top thee in every drip of scalding candle wax,
I top thee in humiliating infant dress,
I top thee in the straitjacket's caress.
And then, sometimes, my sweet submissive witch,
I top thee from the bottom when we switch!

-The Master

She had overheard him while searching around for her weapon of choice. Turning to face the bond man, she walked over. Placing her hand on his cheek, she caressed it while smiling as if innocent. "You may top me in all those but this is a different. The tides have turned and you can't do much. Not as long as my spell keeps you where you are. This is my game now." Lowering her hand, she turned away and spotted a stainless steel dagger hanging on the wall. "Oh yeah. A witch? Hmm... That doesn't sound that bad. Better than what she calls herself. A mage? HA!"

(( Thank you for the third message. ^^ ))

Quote:
pulling you close,
my heart pounding aloud for you to hear;
Would you push me away?
Forsake my love for thee?
Or would you except my kiss,
And set me free?

"That would depend," she said, leaning against the railing of the balcony. "If I can have my way, I won't push you away. However, you better careful think your decision over." A smirk grew on her face.

Quote:
Message: As you dance among the ball, you find yourself in the arms of a tall man. He smiles down to you, carefully holding you as you dance. "You look lovely," the man whispers, and you swear you caught a glint in the ballroom light; fangs?

He carefully pulls you to one side, gently placing a small box in your hands. "I trust this will be in good hands; but it's beauty a pale comparison to yours." He raises one hand to gently brush against your cheek, and down under your chin. "Do take care of yourself." And he leaves you. Watching him walk away, you spy what you think is a long, reptilian tail poking from under his cloak; a shiver runs down your spine.

You look down to the box, and gently open the letter attached;
My Dear,
You look good enough to eat.
Rankomeru

A man with parts of a reptile. She looked at the box with curiosity and took the letter that was attached to it. Reading the message, a quiet chuckle slipped from her mouth. "Oh, he has no idea."

( Thank you for the message, Rankomeru! ))

Quote:
Message: As you move gracefully about the ballroom, dancing, mingling, or eating refreshments, you spy a lone blue-haired girl off to herself, nearly hiding behind a tall potted plant.

A curious little thing she seems to be. While not participating herself, she seems thoroughly enthralled with the various dancing people. Her eyes seem to sparkle, and her foot taps lightly in time with the music.

Chuckling lightly, you approach her and tap her lightly on the shoulder. Startled, she lets out a soft 'eek' before whirling to face you.

"O-o-oh..." she stammers nervously, surprise written all over her face.

"Y-you s-startled me! I d-didn't think a-anyone would s-see me h-here..." She bites her lip nervously, then holds out a small gift to you.

"I b-b-brought these to g-give to p-people...I h-hope that you l-like it!" She smiles a small, nervous smile as you look down at the present. It seems to be a small bag filled with water, with a fish swimming around on the inside. You look up, but she's already gone, seemingly having taken her leave while you were distracted. All that's left of her identity is a small tag on the bag that reads :

-The Frightened Mermaid

Another one. Well, time for the charade again. She chuckled as the girl spoke. "There really isn't anywhere to hide here. The only way to do so is going to the different rooms of the building. Although, I believe they're off-limits to us." She gazed at the little pink streamer fish that swam in the bag. Accepting the gift, she continued to watch it move. "Thank-" Just when she wanted to look at her, she was gone. She sighed in relief. Thank goodness. Wasn't as long as getting rid of Bitter.

(( Thank you for the message, Frightened Mermaid! ))

Quote:
Message: You feel the gentle brush of feathers on your shoulder. You turn to figure out who is there only to see the last bit of a large raven colored wing. A wing that big could only belong to an angel, but what would an angel possibly want with you? As you turn back around you notice a package on the floor in front of you. Upon bending over to pick it up, you notice the name tag on it addresses it to you and simply reads:"A gift for the bell of the ball, RandomKate"

Lurking Temptress

An angel around here? She looked around trying to see if the one who gave her this package was still around. However, she had no luck finding them. Not surprising... Gaia is full of different species. She shivered at the thought of one. Way too pure. Hard to corrupt, too. Hopefully this angel will stay far away from me.

Quote:
Message: You're taking a stroll through the crowded ballroom, when you notice a waiter walk by with a plate of hors d'oeuvre, so you take one as he passes and continue on your way... Until you hear someone scream and see the same waiter running the other way, the plate of goodies completely wiped clean. You look in the direction he's running away from, and burst out laughing at the sight of a big furry monster with his face stuffed like a chipmunk with hors d'oeurves, complete with a couple toothpicks sticking out of his mouth. He notices you laughing and he runs off quickly, and when you try to follow him, you trip on something... A box the same color blue as the monster. You pick it up and read the little tag:

I can't help it! Those little wieners on a stick are too delicious...
~Mr. Monster Guy

Monster, huh? I remember that one. Right after the possession, he attacked Kate one night. Full moon, I believe. She grabbed the gift box and walked over to a clear corner of the ballroom. "All her little friends are just about here," she said to herself, dropping the box in the corner. Leaning gently against the wall, she had pondered what to do now. At this point we're nearing the end of the ball. I could just start something up as the finale. I wouldn't mind revealing myself then. The girl then thought about all the later attempts. That's right... I need to worry about the future as well. Secret attacks, maybe.

(( Thanks for the message, Monster! ))

Quote:
Message: You walk along the road. It's near morning and the sun is barely rising. The streetlights are still on, and several ahead have seemed to have burnt out. You think that maybe the wind had gotten to them as a breeze blows your hair gently. You bring your hand to your mouth and nose as you begin to smell something foul. You notice someone laying on the ground in front of you. Near them is a shadowy figure that stands over the girl. The figure seems to turn towards you then vanishes. You near the girl, a pool of her blood around her neck. The cuts seem familiar in a way, but are somewhat sloppily done. You have a feeling this girl died long after her wounds which almost puts a knot in your stomach. You see words scrawled on the ground with her blood.

'You seem different this time around.
He would have been worried wouldn't he?'

You stare at the message for a few moments before glancing up and seeing a figure move out of view.

~Jack the Ripper

Placing her deceiving smile on her face, she walked over to the direction she saw the figure disappear to. "Now, now, Mr. Serial Killer. I won't cause you any harm. Wouldn't be fun getting rid of another murderer, anyway." As she reached where she lost sight of the figure, the girl looked around to find nothing else interesting. "Hm... Got away. Pity."

(( Thank you for the message, Jack! ))

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Message: The ball seamed so peaceful so pleasant, it was everything you could ever have wanted. So many people to dance with, others to talk to, if you had a desire there was a way to fill it. When the urge to dance came upon you a tall man dressed in black with red eyes glowing threw a black mask took your hand. The three horns in his black hair had been slightly off putting but he had been such a wonderful dancer you had hardly cared. Song after song you danced with him unable to pull away as he turned you round and kept perfectly in tune no matter how many times you stepped upon his polished boots... that is... until you and he pulled away from the group of dancers. Out on the the balcony the pale moonlight shinning down on the pair of you, prehapps you were hopping for a kiss as he leaned in close to you. Your eyes closed and you could feel his ice breath against your lips yet... you never felt his own stone lips touch your soft flesh. Just a painful jab in your side. When your eyes opened you looked around there a faint cut lay on your side and a single thorn pulled blood from the wound. At your feet a box with a single name alone.
~WintersFrozenThorn

The girl looked at her side where the faint cut had laid. Pulling the thorn out, she lifted it up and gazed at it in awe. "My, my. Someone finally decided to do something. I'll give him partial credit, at least." She carelessly tossed the thorn and went back inside the ballroom.

(( Thank you for the message, Thorn! ))

Quote:
Message: As you wonder about the ball a young women comes up to you her black hair pulled back with white roses interlaced into the tight curls. Her green eyes shine up at you from under her cream mask. &��Hello&�� she says softly her snow white skin turning a light strawberry pink under her blush. &��Um might I...&�� She fumbles with her light blue dress her white heels pointed in at each other. &��I mean.. can we...&�� her gaze falls to the ground. Feeling a tad sorry for the girl you take her hand as a new song starts up. Despite how she had fumbled over the words to ask you to dance she is a remarkable dancer, perfectly in tune with the music and your steps. The song slowly comes to a stop and you cant help but find a small shy smile on the girls lips. &��Thank you for that&�� she says so soft you almost don&��t hear it as she kisses your chin and places a box in your hand. Slightly shocked you look from her to the box though the moment your eyes go back to where she was you find nothing more then a few white rose petals from her hair falling to the ground each one with the smallest bit of frost on them. Looking back to the box you notice a single name on it.
~WintersFrozenRose

A brother and sister? My... Aren't I lucky? The black clothed girl didn't know what to do with the boxes from the two. Once again, she brought the gift boxes over to a corner and tossed them aside. She didn't care for such objects. She should of just simply ignored the woman. However, having to keep a charade up, she couldn't say no.

(( You too! Thank you for the message, Rose! ))

Quote:
Message: L ight pools beneath the streetlamps, dirty yellow rounds of safety between shadows. But the lamps only continue to the edge of the city, and it is the city you must escape, running from uncertain safeties into the dark, deep, unknown forest, in the hopes of finding freedom and certain safety once more.

Did you know you were going to end up here when you left your door an hour ago, your greatest worry the diameter of your perfect curls? Of course not.

You stop for a moment to catch your breath and curse your footwear. When you fled the ball, you had a choice between wearing heels and running barefoot, and running barefoot is much easier than a pair of 4-inch pumps. You still can&��t help but wish you&��d at least worn flats to the ball, because then you&��d have around fifty less cuts on your feet and no blood trail.

Know ing that you left a blood trail forces you back onto your battered feet once more, sticking to the shortcuts that will lead you out of the city faster, and out of sight. You don&��t dare use the main roads- you&��re not sure what&��s watching them.

That you&��ve known this city for such a long time is an advantage, and you let your legs walk the familiar shortcuts as your mind wanders.

Shinigami- death gods, in English, but the girl who grabbed your wrist and shoved you out the door was Japanese, and you&��ve only got her hurried explanations to go by and the evidence of your own eyes. She told you to run and barred the doors behind you, and now the only things you can think of are the sickening thuds and a glimpse before you left of dark shadows and rust and chains and nightmares.

Like the one behind the tree, there. You&��ve finally made it out of the city, too, your giddy, adrenaline- pumped brain thinks, and if you&��d managed to make it to your uncle&��s cabin you might&��ve been able to hide out until sunrise, at least, and maybe survive the rest of this weirdness and you&��re never, ever going to a masquerade ball again.

Apples wither and fall from the trees as the shadow glides past them- you realize belatedly that you&��ve only made it to the orchards at the edge of town, and you were possibly doomed ever since you started this mad escape because since when are girls able to flee from death gods on their bare feet? You look around desperately for a weapon, but it&��s a bad idea, because when you look up it&��s right in front of you and the last thing you remember is nothing at all.

-Ballistae

Ending the frightening act, a smirk appeared on her face. "My, my. A God of Death? I must count myself lucky to be visited by one." She looked around in case anyone was near by. "I'm sorry. I had to fool you into thinking I'm helpless. This is the city of Gaia, after all. There's surprises around every corner." A black spell circle had formed underneath the girl. As it radiated with the same color, she said, "as you can see, I'm a mage. Well, that's what she would call herself. As long as I'm in control, I'll take "Witch" as a better explanation. I wonder what killing one of you will do."

(( *looks at her footwear* Ummm... These are flats. Anyway, thank you for the message! And, don't worry. I got the reference immediately. =] ))

Quote:

In a time of war, those who wear the crown may give the orders, but the strongest and the bravest are the ones not wearing the crown.

~GWF

She pondered about that for a few moments. "True and untrue. Well, I guess it depends on the world and situation. The king I saw was indeed powerful. The strongest in his land. He didn't last long, however."

(( ASDFG- YOU TOO?? C'MON! I SAID STOP WITH THE WISHLIST STUFF! *pouts once more* No matter how loud I say that it just never gets to people. Thank you very much, though! ))

Sapphire Otter

Thank you to the following Anons:

Bittersweet Anon, Phantom Anon, The Ghetto Ninja (x2), Rudy Eugene, Arron the Lythcol Mechanic, Mathematical Outlier, The Lady In The White Trench Coat, Someone with a Rose are red fact/poem, Falinn, Ciel Phantomhive, Dante the Incubus (x2), The Master (x3), Someone thinking about tigers, Someone who won't admit defeat, An Anon who wondered if I would push them away, Rankomeru, The Frightened Mermaid, Ringmaster Verne, Lurking Temptress, Mr. Monster Guy, Jack the Ripper, WintersFrozenThorn, WintersFrozenRose, Ballistae, and GWF!

*RANDOM COLORS ARE RANDOM*
Restrictions may apply. I give a name to anyone who doesn't supply one within their message.

Sapphire Otter

Opened! Time to throw in some previous replies.

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Message: As you wander the ball, you feel as though you are being watched. You turn and see a woman with long black and gold hair watching you, a red and black mask obscuring most of her face. She seems to be smiling as she walks past you, gently pressing a red box into your hands. Despite her being unusually tall far a woman and her distinctive hair coloring, you quickly lose sight of her as she moves through the crowds. You look down at the box and notice a note tucked under the red ribbon:

Smiles are the reflections of sadness,
Pushing you to total madness,
A mask of better times,
The maker of unwilling crimes.

Foolish as one smitten by the smiles of a nymph,
Not seeing the forest for the trees,
Innocence not, surely the tease.

Captured caged by erotic dreams,
Bars of lace unbreakable streams,
Drowning my passion screams.

Prisoner of innocence, smiles of sadness,
Gaol of lust driving madness,
Can you not see the forest,
Deception illusions conjuring tricks.

The smile, is it what it seems,
Only in ones dreams,
Come closer see me as I am,
My smile the face of a clown,
Only a misshapen frown.

-Bittersweet Anon

She looked down at the box the woman had given her. Concern grew inside. So, that woman is lurking around the ball too. She'll probably catch onto me quickly. I'll need to act like Kate as close as possible. Shouldn't be too hard with her idiotic kindness.

(( Bitter! You're here as well! Thank you for the message! Loved the poem. <3 ))

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Message: The chill of the night causes you to hurry down the dark street. Fog from the ocean drifts across the small town enveloping everything like a cloak. It swirls around you as if it had a mind of its own. The clacking of your footsteps slows to a stop as walls of fog surround you on each side. It wraps around you like a cocoon and the sounds of the night fade away. The cold increases as does your heart when the fog suddenly starts to feel like a tomb. Your breath comes out faster as you stumble blindly ahead in an attempt to get out of the fog.

Panicked, you continue on through the fog not even realizing that the concrete of the sidewalk has turned to marble. The mist thins and you come to a dead stop as your mind is wiped free of thought.

You are not on the sidewalk anymore.

You are not even sure if you are in your town anymore. Dark walls of a hallway grace your sides with small candles being the only source of light. Double doors made of oak loom only a few yards ahead of you. The air is heavy with humidity and the smell of candles burning makes you feel dizzy. The panic feeling fills you once more as you whirl around taking in your surroundings. What the hell is going on here? The shadows in the room seem to twist and dance out towards you like a hand reaching out. You stumble away from the nearest shadow nearly falling in the process.

The double doors open with a loud creak and bright light shines into the room obliterating any shadow. For a few seconds, spots dance across your vision as you grow accustom to the new change in lighting. A girl around your age stands in the center of the now open doors and tilts her head as she peers at you through a silver masquerade mask. She wears a light blue gown that matches with her pale blue eyes and a white rose corsage covers her left wrist.

You stare at her dumbfounded and the girl laughs softly. She walks into the hallway towards you, "We so rarely get guests here. I must apologize for not greeting you straight away," she curtsies before taking your hand and leading you out of the hallway.

You follow her through the double doors, still in shock, and are greeted with the sounds of music. Laughter and the noise of conversations follow it as you walk into a large ballroom. The marble gold floors shine under a thousand candles that line the crimson walls and the golden chandeliers that hand from the high ceiling.

The band plays across the room on a slightly raised stage just barely making them visible over the crowd of people in the room. Dancers waltz across the center of the room as onlookers converse on the outskirts of the room. Waiters and waitresses in white flow between the groups while holding silver trays with glittering glasses of wine on top of them. The men of the room wear dark color clothes of passed fashions, while the woman wear extravagant ball gowns.

Your feet come to a stop as surprise and wonder steal control of your body. It feels as if you have stepped into a ballroom party of the past.

The girl leading you smiles at you as she too comes to a stop, "Welcome to the party,&

Before you can speak, a gentleman takes your hand and leads you onto the dance floor. As if in a dream, you follow his lead across the marble floors of the dance. The room is so full of life and cheerfulness that it is infectious. Soon, you are laughing and smiling as you trade to a new dance partner. The band continuously plays from one song to a next as if they had a hundred years worth of songs memorized.

You are breathless from dancing as you escape away to the sides of the dance floor. A waiter appears by your side with a grin and hands you a glass of wine as if already knowing that you had been just thinking about claiming one for yourself. He winks before disappearing amongst the crowd of people. You find yourself in a continuous flow between conversation with guests and dances on the ballroom floor. You begin to lose track of time and the wine is the best that you have ever had. It is only much later that the girl from earlier comes to your side and you smile at her.

"Enjoying the party?" she asks.

You nod your head and explain that you are having the time of your life. She laughs at this and her eyes twinkle merrily. You begin to say something else, but the ringing of a clock drowns out all other noise. Startled, you look around for the clock but see nothing. No one else seems affected by it since they still continue to talk and dance. The clock continues to ring harshly through the room and the light from the candles seems to grow dimmer. Rich colors seems to pale and a cool breeze flows through the air. The guests of the party seem to fade and then solidify like a light struggling to stay alive.

Confusion races through you as you notice all these changes, but no one else seems to mind. The clock rings its ninth toll and a cool hand touches your arm gently. You face the girl whose colors have now faded just as the others have.

"Do you wish to come with us?" she tilts her head curiously and holds out a hand to you.

Your heart seems to pause and the breath catches in your throat as a sudden fear strikes you. You are completely confused now, but for some reason that outstretched hand scares you more than anything you have faced in your life. The Phantom nods upon seeing your expression and she fades out of existence before your eyes. The clock rings one final time placing the room into a sudden stillness.

Darkness surrounds you as you stand-alone in a ballroom that has been abandoned for over a hundred years. Dust and dirt covers the marble floor making it look black. Glass and wood lay broken across the room. Intricate spider webs have made their home in the tarnished chandeliers above and moonlight streams through boarded up broken windows. The room is completely silent. Music or laughter has not been heard in it for a long, long time. As you breath, clouds forms and it is only now that you realize that you are shaking from cold. It feels as if you have been in an ice locker for hours.

Your teeth clatter as you look around the dead ballroom with astonished eyes. A white glow draws your eyes downwards where you see a white rose and a small note with your name on it placed down at your feet. You pick it up and read:

It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed the party. Perhaps, you could join us again one day when the tolling of the clock does not worry you...

---- Phantom Anon

She shook her head, thinking it was all a dream. The girl was still standing in the abandoned ballroom. Gazing around, she had wondered what the spirit did to make it all so real. "Of course. Spirits tend to do that." I guess Kate had her little fun before I came back. Heh, she thought, walking over to a shattered window. "Won't happen again. I'll stay in control as long as I can. Now... Shall we return?" Pulling the shawl further up her arms, she made her away outside and returned to the party.

(( Thank you for the message, Phantom! ))

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Yes the time
It is once more
the time for the Ghetto Ninja
To return!

The Hunger that came
from this natural reaction
for my body knew of this need
food it rumbled I need it so
this need for food was just like any other
this normal procedure of my body
only present to keep me right!

The Clan is back once more, to create utter chaos on this day!
~The Ghetto Ninja.~

The darker half crossed her arms wondering what the ninja was talking about. A Clan? She didn't know of this. Maybe Kate knew about this but didn't want to take the chance of her reclaiming her body. "If you're hungry, find something to eat. I don't know where complaining about it gets you." She smirked upon hearing the word "chaos". "Although, chaos is something I rather enjoy."

(( Thank you for the message! Well, the first. Also... SHINING HAIR OF TRIUMPH! ))

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Message: A date that as long since passed yet the clan, we do not care.

We observe this world from afar as time passes by.

This world we call home
this place of wonderful beauty
slowly we are killing it
this place of wonders
slowly dying.

The clan are watching you.

~The Ghetto Ninja.~

"Nothing wrong with a little killing. Although..." She thought about the other half. "She never did enjoy waking up to a slaughter in progress." The dark mage shrugged her shoulders. "Nice to see her breakdown. Such a weak child."

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
A bright red title flashes before your eyes.
"Medical authorities in Cumberland have concluded that in all cases the killers are eating the flesh of the people they murdered."
Bits and pieces of the writing seem to draw your attention.
"Can I pose a question; How do you kill what is dead?"
"He use to be your friend, that was another life, with this single bullet; we're going to blow his mind."
"Nail up all the windows. They've come to settle a score."
"This is the end of the world, or just the start of a fight? You better heed my warning and watch out for their bite. They have a taste for your flesh and for your blood they will crave. They are coming for us now from beyond the grave."

- Rudy Eugene

"You mean zombies?" She rose her eyebrow while reading the rest. "Killing those inhuman creatures isn't such a hard task. You just need to cut off the lifeline that keeps them among this world."

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Message: You arrive at the ball, dressed to the nines! You dance happily with would-be suitors, & mingle with friends & other socialites. A tall figure, with a top hat that makes him to seem even taller, catches your eye as he passes you by quietly. He is dressed in midnight blue & gold. Thinking nothing of it, you go back to the festivities. You go to the balcony for some fresh air; after all, the entire ballroom is quite warm. The same figure from before is out on the balcony when you arrive. ''H-Hello,'' he stutters, ''I -I hope y-you have had fun.'' You nod at him & say yes. He is shy, & you can barely make out his face for the black & gold mask, & the top hat for this reason. Yet, you can make out a pair of ethereal teal eyes that almost glow & a few chestnut locks. He holds out his white gloved hand as a new song floats out from the ballroom. ''C-Care t-t-to dance?'' he asks. You nod & take his hand. The young man pulls you into a waltz that is fluid & slow. He is surprisingly good for someone of his stature. Soon the song ends, & you feel him break away. You look up to see his gone, a crystalline dustfloating on the wind. However, a gift is left sitting on the balcony railing. Its tag reads, ''I may not be able to fix my own heart, but I will fix yours.''

~Arron the Lythcol Mechanic

During the waltz, the girl had recalled a man like this while Kate was involved. She tried to remember what he went by. Something with Ar. Names that sound like it. Aaron? No... Aron? Doesn't have the right ring. I need to pay attention more often... As the mechanic disappeared, she glanced over at the balcony railing to see a box sitting on it. Surprising, nothing tipped it off. Curiously walking towards it, she spotted a tag attached to it. "Ooh, Arron. I was close." The dark mage leaned herself against the railing with a smirk across her face. So, he's one of her little friends. I'll have to remember that.

(( Thank you for the message, Arron! ))
(( Ooooh! Magic stuffs! *pauses, pouts, and turns her head away from you* Doesn't excuse the fact that you did it again. Just you wait... I'll get you back. Thank you, though. <3 ))

Sapphire Otter

Quote:
Message: You're wandering through the thread chatting with people, exchanging gifts when you hear clumsy footsteps and a grumbling voice heading towards you. You move a bit into the shadows watching as a short lady in a blue-green dress hat and heels comes through stumbling a bit with two huge red gas cans. "Goddamn it Thunderbird! My feet are gonna fall off and I'll have to kill someone. If YOU didn't run out of gas, we wouldn't be lost!" A blue matchbox car on her shoulder replied, "Well if you kept the gas cans filled, I wouldn't've ran outta gas. Walk barefoot maybe?" "I filled them both LAST TIME! And your tank!" "Yeah then we went to Ocean City and stuff happened remem- OI!" He broke off as the lady tripped over something -probably her heels- and fell. When you tried to help her up she creeped away and tripped again. "Hey, you wouldn't know where there's a ga-" She cuts off as a man in a bannanna suit suddenly runs by "Ono?? What the hell?? I give up." Mo tosses a gift to you and heads off barefoot.

+Mathematical Outlier+

"Uh huh..." She was rather confused as to what happened. The dark mage didn't really care, though. Picking up the gift box, she had wondered if Kate had to go through this sort of thing during such times. Guess I'll be seeing humans like her around here.

Malevolent Informer

-The poet quietly wanders in and looks around-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out