Welcome to Gaia! ::

Let's go down now, into the darkness...

Can we all take a moment of time from our busy ball to thank the lovely Anons who are making their ways around to leave us all with lovely notes and gifts.
Here are some I would like to personally thank: (In character, too!)
Quote:
You lay on blue rose petals and soft grass, a thicket of thorns surrounding you, and stare at the bright, full moon in a navy sky. A chill breeze brushes over you, and you shudder. Thousands of little cuts from the thorns. Exquisite torment in my clutches- my sharp thorns and sweetly scented, soft petals will drive you to the edge of ecstacy.
~ Blu Rose

She gets up from the roses, and looks around, feeling a sharp sense of being watched, caringly.
(Thank you so much, Blu Rose! I love the scenario, and how different it was!)

Quote:
The ball seamed so peaceful so pleasant, it was everything you could ever have wanted. So many people to dance with, others to talk to, if you had a desire there was a way to fill it. When the urge to dance came upon you a tall man dressed in black with red eyes glowing threw a black mask took your hand. The three horns in his black hair had been slightly off putting but he had been such a wonderful dancer you had hardly cared. Song after song you danced with him unable to pull away as he turned you round and kept perfectly in tune no matter how many times you stepped upon his polished boots... that is... until you and he pulled away from the group of dancers. Out on the the balcony the pale moonlight shinning down on the pair of you, prehapps you were hopping for a kiss as he leaned in close to you. Your eyes closed and you could feel his ice breath against your lips yet... you never felt his own stone lips touch your soft flesh. Just a painful jab in your side. When your eyes opened you looked around there a faint cut lay on your side and a single thorn pulled blood from the wound. At your feet a box with a single name alone.
~WintersFrozenThorn

She lifts the box and looks inside.
"Thank you, kind stranger..." She whispers breathlessly.
(Oh, that is such a lovely scenario as well, I'm loving all the rose-messages in my inbox.)

Quote:
You arrive at the ball, dressed to the nines! You dance happily with would-be suitors, & mingle with friends & other socialites. A tall figure, with a top hat that makes him to seem even taller, catches your eye as he passes you by quietly. He is dressed in midnight blue & gold. Thinking nothing of it, you go back to the festivities. You go to the balcony for some fresh air; after all, the entire ballroom is quite warm. The same figure from before is out on the balcony when you arrive. ''H-Hello,'' he stutters, ''I -I hope y-you have had fun.'' You nod at him & say yes. He is shy, & you can barely make out his face for the black & gold mask, & the top hat for this reason. Yet, you can make out a pair of ethereal teal eyes that almost glow & a few chestnut locks. He holds out his white gloved hand as a new song floats out from the ballroom. ''C-Care t-t-to dance?'' he asks. You nod & take his hand. The young man pulls you into a waltz that is fluid & slow. He is surprisingly good for someone of his stature. Soon the song ends, & you feel him break away, but not after placing a tender & gentle kiss on your forehead. You look up to see his gone, a crystalline dust floating on the wind. However, a gift is left sitting on the balcony railing. Its tag reads, ''I may not be able to fix my own heart, but I will fix yours.''

~Arron the Lythcol Mechanic

She picks up the gift, and looks back to where the stranger previously stood.
"Thank you, but I think your heart is beautiful as it is." She thinks to herself.
(Really, I love all of these scenes.)

Quote:
As you wander the ball, you feel as though you are being watched. You turn and see a woman with long black and gold hair watching you, a red and black mask obscuring most of her face. She seems to be smiling as she walks past you, gently pressing a red box into your hands. Despite her being unusually tall far a woman and her distinctive hair coloring, you quickly lose sight of her as she moves through the crowds. You look down at the box and notice a note tucked under the red ribbon:

Smiles are the reflections of sadness,
Pushing you to total madness,
A mask of better times,
The maker of unwilling crimes.

Foolish as one smitten by the smiles of a nymph,
Not seeing the forest for the trees,
Innocence not, surely the tease.

Captured caged by erotic dreams,
Bars of lace unbreakable streams,
Drowning my passion screams.

Prisoner of innocence, smiles of sadness,
Gaol of lust driving madness,
Can you not see the forest,
Deception illusions conjuring tricks.

The smile, is it what it seems,
Only in ones dreams,
Come closer see me as I am,
My smile the face of a clown,
Only a misshapen frown.

-Bittersweet Anon

She looks back to search for the woman again, but cannot see where she went.
She smiles and thinks; "Thank you, madame."
(Such a lovely poem!)

Quote:
Oh won't you be my, oh won't you be my, oh please won't you be...my neighbor?!

~Mrs. Rogers

She reads the message, and curiously says; "Yes, sir. I will be your neighbor."
(Thank you, Mr. Rogers! Quite an entertaining message.)

Thank you to all of my wonderful anons!
Please, post your messages here, I'd love to see what others received.
And maybe some anons will read our thank you's, and feel pride in their work tonight.
Or maybe, some anons will be lurking, seeking out their next recipient...

...Of your thoughts.
Let's go down now, into the darkness...

I do hope some anons see this...
So, BUMP.

...Of your thoughts.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items